Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
As Alastair pulls the curtain back, Lucius Hake strikes out furiously with his dagger. Fortunately for the gnome, he misses. Behind him, Alastair catches a look at the girl, tied up in the corner, and a bit of the priest, lurking at the other end of the curtain. There is also the bright glint of gold.

[sblock=ooc]Lucius Hake's readied action: Deft Strike vs. Alastair (1d20+9-2=9)

Lucius Hake - E17 - No Hits Taken
Priest - G17 - No Hits Taken
Edith Sturgeon - G19 - 1/1 prone, tied up

Close-up Map:
WeddingCaveInterim.gif
[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
[sblock=ooc to Ben]Not that it matters (because Hake missed), but shouldn't the penalty to hit have been -5? From my reading of the stealth rules, unless he made his perception check, I was still hidden even after moving the curtain.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Also, Ben, wouldn't Abigail's readied Luring Strike trigger the second she saw Lucius or the Priest? Basically, it's a "move in, hit, and move out, pulling the guy with you" power.

In any case, do you want us to post actions as normal? Is it a new round?

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: Also, Ben, wouldn't Abigail's readied Luring Strike trigger the second she saw Lucius or the Priest? Basically, it's a "move in, hit, and move out, pulling the guy with you" power.

In any case, do you want us to post actions as normal? Is it a new round?

[sblock=ooc]The problem with using luring strike there is that it's a hard corner. Since not everyone's posted, if you want to retcon, go ahead.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oh. I never really thought of that.

Um, I don't have my character on hand right now (I've been working 60 h a week, plus, y'know... playoffs. ;) ) so I guess Abi will just stay hidden, and on her round will try to get in between the two at F16 and use her at-will burst attack.

[/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=Actions]Sorry about the delay, no internet access, posting from my phone. Speaker moves to F14 and stands by to assist. She's pretty tired![/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Eraden turns and moves up to the curtain. He pulls it back to get a better view, and swings at Lucius Hake, his blade striking true.
Hake counterattacks with a swift dagger strike, leaving the paladin near collapse.

The priest pulls the curtain all the way back. Dante's chain strikes out, twice striking the sinister minister. The priest strikes at the nearest target and greatest threat, wounding Virgil and blinding the big lizard.

With the curtain now fully pulled aside, the prone figure of Edith Sturgeon is visible, as is a pile of treasure, doubtless intended as "wedding gifts" for the late Gluplik.[sblock=actions]Eraden--Move: to F16, Minor: pull back curtain, Standard: Enfeebling Strike vs. Hake (1d20+8=27, 1d8+5=10)

Lucius Hake--Standard: Deft Strike vs. Eraden (1d20+9=27, 1d4+4=8), Move: shift to E18

Priest--Minor: open curtain, triggering Dante's Readied Twin Strike vs. Priest (1d20+7=17, 2d4+4=8, 1d20+7=21, 2d4+4=11), Standard: Night's Veil (Fort) vs. Virgil (1d20+7=27), crit for 11 damage, and Virgil is blinded (save ends)[/sblock][sblock=terrain features]Small Rocks: count as difficult terrain

Large Rocks: provide cover to medium creatures and superior cover to small creatures. Can be climbed up on top of, taking an extra square of movement, and requiring a DC 12 athletics check.

Shallow Water: the light blue areas count as difficult terrain

Deep Water: the darker areas can't be moved in normally by creatures without a swim speed. To maneuver, make an athletics check (DC 12) to move half your speed. Deep water is also heavily obscured.

Current: the squares with the arrows indicate a current. At the end of their turn, any character in them will be slid in the direction of the arrows for two squares, or until they enter a square without an arrow.

Stepping Stones: the stepping stones allow normal passage both for people walking above the level of the water, and for those in the water. People in the squares upstream of the stepping stones (P15, Q15) can brace themselves against the current with a minor action, or can allow the current to carry them through.

Curtain: the curtain is of heavy brocade. It can be pulled back one square as a minor action, or as a move action a character can move three squares and pull it back the whole distance.[/sblock][sblock=status]Lucius Hake - G18 - 10 Hits Taken
Priest - G17 - 19 Hits Taken

Abigail - E15 - 11/27 (4/9) AP:0
Alastair - E16 - 24/24 (4/7) AP:0, concealed
Dante - H15 - 8/22 (2/6) AP:0
Virgil - G16 - 9/22 (0/2), blinded (save ends)
Eraden - F16 - 1/28 (6/11) AP:0
Talks-to-the-Moon - F14 - 2/29 (3/9) AP:0

Edith Sturgeon - G19 - 1/1 prone, restrained
[/sblock][sblock=map]
WeddingCaveRound7.gif
[/sblock][sblock=opponents]
Guards
AC:15 Fort:12 Ref:14 Will:12
:bmelee: Mace +4 vs. AC, 1d8+1

Priest
AC:16 Fort:14 Ref:14 Will:17
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +9 vs. AC, 1d8+1
[sblock=religion DC 15]The priest's vestments are a mockery of those of the priests of Netari. The symbols on his robe indicate his allegiance to dark powers of death and destruction.[/sblock]

Lucius Hake
AC:17 Fort:13 Ref:18 Will:14
:bmelee: Dagger +7 vs. AC, 1d4+3

Gluplik
AC:16 Fort:17 Ref:16 Will:16
:bmelee: Claw +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4
[sblock=nature DC 15]Oddly enough, this is not a creature from outside the bounds of the natural world. The ocean depths contain creatures just as many abominations of the far realm. OOC: Gluplik is a custom monster.[sblock=DC 20]Beware Gluplik's long grasping arms. He can grab you and tear you apart.[/sblock][/sblock]

Spawn
AC:17 Fort:11 Ref:15 Will:12
:bmelee: Claw +8 vs. AC, 7 damage
[sblock=nature DC 15]These unnatural looking creatures are not all that powerful, but are quite dangerous in the water. OOC: Gluplik's spawn are custom monsters.[sblock=DC 20]They lurk in the water, and will attempt to pull people in if they are too close to the edge.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=ooc]I've interpreted Dante's readied action fairly liberally. I don't think anyone will mind.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante unleashes another flurry of kama attacks, savaging the Priest.

[sblock=Actions]OA for the Priest attacking Virgil: 1d20+7 = 16, hit, for 2d4+4 = 9 damage. (Actually, my Twin-Strike should have done 1 less damage per hit, but this attack should have done 3 more, so just make it 10 damage for this OA and its square).
Minor: Quarry on the Priest.
Standard: Twin Strike on the Priest
Attack 1: 1d20+7 = 22, hit for 2d4+3 = 10 damage + 1d6(2) = 12 damage.
Attack 2: 1d20+7 = 18, hit for 2d4+3 = 6 damage.
Move: -
Virgil's save: 1d20 = 4, fail.

7+10+12+12+6 = 47 damage for a round ain't bad! That should probably do it for our friend the Priest.

Oh, and I don't mind :)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Dante, Male Human Ranger 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 16, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:8/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:2/6
Initiative +3
Action Points: 0
Powers: Twin Strike, Predator Strike, Careful Attack, Second Wind, Off-Hand Strike, Jaws of the Wolf

Effects: Icebound Sigil (+3 cold damage on hit)

Note: Dante makes an OA on any creature that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as it OR Virgil are within reach 2. +7 vs. AC, 2d4+4 damage.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 16, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:11 -- Speed:6
HP:9/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value:5, Surges left:0/2
Initiative As Dante

Effects: Blind(s)

Virgil's OA attacks: +7 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads