• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=tactics]
So, what IS our plan? Are we waiting until the solo is absolutely dead (I think we're getting pretty close) or should I start trying to rescue the fair princess? Or should we kill the solo, and hope the fight is over? I know Abby is a bit banged up, but I think she might be able to take out Hake. Or at least block him from making more of those silly sniping attacks. [/sblock]

[sblock=Tactics]He's only got 26 hp left, so I figure we might as well finish taking him down, then go for the others. That said, with Gluplik at 26 hp and our warlock hasn't even gone yet, one or two of us can probably finish him off next round, so feel free to take off and go for the others.[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]He's only got 26 hp left, so I figure we might as well finish taking him down, then go for the others. That said, with Gluplik at 26 hp and our warlock hasn't even gone yet, one or two of us can probably finish him off next round, so feel free to take off and go for the others.[/sblock]

[sblock=tactics]
I have yet to go this round either, so I am hoping Gully will not get another chance to attack. Abi, feel free to make your way towards the curtain. If you pull the curtain back try and get some cover untill the rest of us get there.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I will probably not get a chance to post untill saturday night or sunday morning. Ben, if everyone else has gone and I have not posted feel free to post my actions. At this point I do not have many options left so you can do no wrong.
[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
Alastair fires another bolt at Glupnik but it dissipates harmlessly against the creatures foul hide.

"No, this abomination cannot be allowed to live another minute."

The gnome releases another blast of dark energy and this time it strikes true.

Smiling to himself, he skulks further back to get more distance between himself and the fish beast.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Eldritch Blast at Glupnik 1d20+4=10 1d10+1d6+4=12 Miss
Action point: Eldritch Blast at Glupnik 1d20+4=15 1d10+1d6+4=14 Miss (EDIT: He's dazed, so we get +2 for combat advantage, right? That means this hit for 14)
Move: Move to F9, triggering Shadow Walk (concealment)[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Eraden strides forward, and his sword flashes in the torchlight as he cleaves deep, dealing the death blow to the monster.

The curtain pulls back. This time it is the priest, who unleashes another flow of dark energy, this time at Abigail. Luckily, his accuracy is not what it was when he attacked Eraden earlier. Then, upon noticing that Gluplik has been slain, with a cry the priest shuts the curtain.

Gluplik is dead, but Edith Sturgeon still is not rescued. Hake and the priest have her behind the brocaded curtain. Wait for them? Or go and get them? The choice is yours.

[sblock=actions]Eraden--Move: to J12, Standard: Enfeebling Strike vs. Gluplik. (1d20+8+2=21, 1d8+5=13)

Lucius Hake--???

Priest--Minor:pull back curtain, Standard: Night's Veil (fort) vs. Abigail (1d20+7=11), Move->Minor: close curtain.[/sblock][sblock=terrain features]Small Rocks: count as difficult terrain

Large Rocks: provide cover to medium creatures and superior cover to small creatures. Can be climbed up on top of, taking an extra square of movement, and requiring a DC 12 athletics check.

Shallow Water: the light blue areas count as difficult terrain

Deep Water: the darker areas can't be moved in normally by creatures without a swim speed. To maneuver, make an athletics check (DC 12) to move half your speed. Deep water is also heavily obscured.

Current: the squares with the arrows indicate a current. At the end of their turn, any character in them will be slid in the direction of the arrows for two squares, or until they enter a square without an arrow.

Stepping Stones: the stepping stones allow normal passage both for people walking above the level of the water, and for those in the water. People in the squares upstream of the stepping stones (P15, Q15) can brace themselves against the current with a minor action, or can allow the current to carry them through.

Curtain: the curtain is of heavy brocade. It can be pulled back one square as a minor action, or as a move action a character can move three squares and pull it back the whole distance.[/sblock][sblock=status]Lucius Hake - ??? - No Hits Taken Last Known Position E17
Priest - G17 - No Hits Taken Behind curtain.
Gluplik - K10-L11 - 0/136 Dead

Abigail - I15 - 11/27 (4/9) AP:0
Alastair - F9 - 24/24 (4/7) AP:0, concealed
Dante - N13 - 8/22 (2/6) AP:0
Virgil - M12 - 20/22 (0/2)
Eraden - J12 - 9/28 (6/11) AP:0
Talks-to-the-Moon - K12 - 2/29 (3/9) AP:0

Edith Sturgeon - ?? - 1/1 Last Known Position G17
[/sblock][sblock=map]
WeddingCaveRound6.gif
[/sblock][sblock=opponents]
Guards
AC:15 Fort:12 Ref:14 Will:12
:bmelee: Mace +4 vs. AC, 1d8+1

Priest
AC:16 Fort:14 Ref:14 Will:17
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +9 vs. AC, 1d8+1
[sblock=religion DC 15]The priest's vestments are a mockery of those of the priests of Netari. The symbols on his robe indicate his allegiance to dark powers of death and destruction.[/sblock]

Lucius Hake
AC:17 Fort:13 Ref:18 Will:14
:bmelee: Dagger +7 vs. AC, 1d4+3

Gluplik
AC:16 Fort:17 Ref:16 Will:16
:bmelee: Claw +7 vs. AC, 1d6+4
[sblock=nature DC 15]Oddly enough, this is not a creature from outside the bounds of the natural world. The ocean depths contain creatures just as many abominations of the far realm. OOC: Gluplik is a custom monster.[sblock=DC 20]Beware Gluplik's long grasping arms. He can grab you and tear you apart.[/sblock][/sblock]

Spawn
AC:17 Fort:11 Ref:15 Will:12
:bmelee: Claw +8 vs. AC, 7 damage
[sblock=nature DC 15]These unnatural looking creatures are not all that powerful, but are quite dangerous in the water. OOC: Gluplik's spawn are custom monsters.[sblock=DC 20]They lurk in the water, and will attempt to pull people in if they are too close to the edge.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante nods to Virgil as Gluplik dies. "Virgil, amamos eliak bath'talak."

He motions to the curtain and the lizard stalks towards it, Dante close behind, ready to lash out should the enemy show himself again.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Virgil moves to G16. Dante moves to H15.
Standard: Ready an action to Twin Strike the next thing to pop out of the curtain(as long as it isn't the girl!)[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Abigail will quietly move towards the wall, getting ready to bash anything that comes out.

(OOC: I'm on break, and don't have a whole lot of time to post. Basically, stealth check to move just north of the curtain, and then ready Luring Strike to pull the combatant out into the open).

auberon

First Post
Alastair transforms into mist, and reappears closer to the curtain. Covered in shadow, he silently approaches the brocade and draws it back to peer behind it.

[sblock=Actions]Before Turn: Glups death activates Pact Boon, teleport to F12
Move: Move to F14
Double Move: Move to E16, triggering Shadow Walk, Stealth check 1d20+12=26
Minor: Pull back the curtain
Note to Ben: Activate Fade Away if damaged[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads