Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire stabs Hastings one more time before unclamping his jaws from the soggy Tiefling, whose blood now stains the waters red. Spying the approaching sharks, he calls to them: "Brothers! A feast awaits you. Do not let this one escape. Perform well, and you may be rewarded with more." With a flash of fins, he shoots toward the surface and begins swarming up the ropes.

[sblock=actions]

standard: War of Attrition vs. Hastings: 38 vs. AC hits for 22 dmg; Hastings is bloodied, which I hope attracts the sharks. Allies who can see me get +1 to hit and +5 dmg with basic attacks and at-will powers until start of my next turn. Also, Hastings takes another -1 to AC (save ends).
free(?): release grab
free?: talk to sharks. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3671874/]diplomacy 27
if it matters.
Minor: Tactical orders. I and an ally within 3 (which is nobody) shift our speed. I go straight up toward the surface.
Move: Climb back on the ship, if possible.

Next turn we resume our regularly scheduled warlord activities, starting with a mass heal probably.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord/Battlelord of Kord 12
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC:28, Fort:26, Reflex:23, Will:26 -- Speed:5
HP:75/82, Bloodied:41, Surge Value:20, Surges left:7/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +18 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Body of the Shark, Throwing shield
Inspiring Word x3 [x][ ][ ], Hammer and Anvil, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition, Tactical Orders, Tempest of Triumph,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Blood-tested Inspiration, Soul of the Shark, Dwarven Chainmail, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Conditions:
  • Soul of the shark: +4 power bonus to damage, +1 power bonus to attack, +2 to intimidate, bite attack +16 vs AC for 1d12+7, and swim speed 5.
  • War of attrition: allies who can see me get +1 to hit and +5 dmg with basic attacks and at-will powers until start of my next turn

Notes:
  • When I spend an AP, I can make a basic attack as a free action, and Allies who can see and hear me gain +1 to attack and damage rolls until start of my next turn.
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 13 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Does Besheba's Boon's THP stack?

Oops, ignore the coordinates next to Dorn.

you mark me, I bite you, that is how it...how it...what are you made of, something out of d20 future?! Count Tensixex shouts, unsuccessfully trying to bite through Cur ExSixTen's plating.

Food! Quagmire hears from the sharks as they circle around Hastings and rip into him with their teeth, the Tiefling manages to get away just in time and gets back onto the boat.

Dorm Wellington just stands there due to Jax's stun, looking at Jax in terror.

Glugyug Charge you too! he yells, running at Andras and slamming his double-axe into Andras and using the opening to grab onto him with his teeth.
[sblock=actions]
Shark 1:
Move:L13
Standard: Bite vs Hastings, 23 vs AC miss

Shark 2
Move:O12
Standard: Bite vs Hastings, 40 vs AC 21 damage.

Shark 3
Move:N13
Standard: Bite vs Hastings, 38 vs AC 28 damage.

Count Tensixex:
Move:p16
Standard: Taste of life vs Sir ExSixTen , miss.
save failed

Hastings:
rolls
Move: up to surface.
OA from sharks:
Shark 1: 38 vs AC 28 damage

Shark 2 miss

Shark 3 33 vs AC 28 damage

Move:Climb up boat.
save succeed.

Dorm the Destroyer:
Stunned
save failed

Glugyug:
Furious Onslaught recharges.
Move: W14
Standard:Charge Andras with double axe 28 vs AC hit for 17 damage
Free: Feast, Andras is grabbed (save or escape ends)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]
Hastings Wellington, Male Tiefling,
HP 25/282; Bloodied 141,
AC 29; Fortitude 26; Reflex 30; Will 29

Saving Throws +2; Action Points 0

Dorm (The Destroyer) Wellington, Male Mul
, marked TenT, -1 AC(save ends), 5 cold vulnerability TENT Jax, and stunned TENT Jax
HP 10/166; Bloodied 83
AC 29-1; Fortitude 25; Reflex 27; Will 26

Count TenSixEx, Male Warforged
HP 176/189; Bloodied 95, marked TenT, -1 AC(save ends)
AC 32; Fortitude 32; Reflex 24; Will 24
Resistant: 10 Necrotic
Variability: 10 Radiant

Glugyug, Male Goblyn, marked EONT
HP 82/171; Bloodied 86
AC 30; Fortitude 29; Reflex 26; Will 28

Shark
HP 100/100; Bloodied 50
AC 30; Fortitude 28; Reflex 21; Will 20

Cur ExSixTen:8+54/116, werewolf form (+2 power bonus to speed,+2 power bonus to damage, 6 regenerate when not bloodied), regen 7 bloodied

Dorn: 44/93, Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured, melee and ranged attacks from more than one square away take a -5, and adjacent melee and ranged take -2,

Jax:44/88,

Andras:64/81, +1 AC and Ref EONT, grabbed (save or escape ends)

Quagmire: 75/82, Quagmire heals +5 with any healing powers used until end of next turn,+2 to attack rolls and +5 to damage rolls until end of next turn, but if miss with first attack, grant CA, grants CA to Hastings EONT
Soul of the Shark (Daily Minor Personal [FONT=&quot]&#1 0022;[/FONT] Polymorph, Primal, Shadow)
Effect: I change into a hybrid shark/hobgoblin until the end of the encounter. I keep all equipment, armor, and weapons, and can use them normally. I gain a swim speed equal to my land speed and can breathe underwater (and in air). I can communicate with carnivorous fish (though some may have only animal intelligence). I gain proficiency with my bite attack: +16 vs AC for 1d12+7 damage. I also gain +2 to Intimidate checks, +4 power bonus to damage rolls, +1 power bonus to attack rolls. I can end hybrid form as a minor action. Using any other power with the Polymorph keyword ends this power.

Uncle Jaz: 55/91

[/sblock]
[sblock=Uncle Jaz (updated with more to hit and extra backstab usage)]
Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief) Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
HP 91; Bloodied 46
AC 27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
Speed 6
Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1
Initiative
+17 Perception +19

Traits:
Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions
: (Note: Jaz does not have to reload his crossbow).
RBA: Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
Attack: Ranged 5; +22 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + 8.

Standard Actions
:
MBA: Dagger
Attack: Melee 1; +18 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4

Move Actions:
Technical Trick • At-Will
Effect: Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

Effect: No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick • At-Will

Effect: No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
Effect: Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty • At-Will

Effect: Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions
:
Backstab • Encounter
Effect: Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.
Special: Jaz can use this twice per encounter.

Triggered Actions
:
It's a Trap! • Encounter (used)
Requirements: An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
Effect (Immediate Reaction): Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment: unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]
The barrels, cannons, boxes etc. are difficult terrain.

The party is currently on the upper level, they can go down the stairs or just off the bannister to reach the lower level. Climbing up to the upper level without using the stairs requires a DC 18 athletics check.

Characters can be pushed off in the water but get a save. You can use ropes on the ship to climb back up out of the water, this requires no check but takes a full move action.

The round wooden things is the mast, You can pass through but not end your turn in the square.

Underwater Rules:
Quagmire gains CA and Concealment against enemies underwater without waterbreathing, enemies underwater takes 10 ongoing damage (starting this turn)

You can drag them deeper or move them around if they are grabbed.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• mirriormirrior7.jpg
    mirriormirrior7.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
While Dorn has taken a fair amount of abuse, his attacks only seem to be getting stronger (Minor - demonic wrath - do +1d6 damage while blooded. Minor - sustain shroud). Fire leaps once more from inside his dark shroud, but this time the attack dissipates before it can do any real damage (Q17 origin for Burning Spray again misses both).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demon-Soul Adept 13

Immediate Reactions:
Use Narrow Escape on next hit

Current Effects:
Demonic wrath: +1d6 damage while bloodied
Deep shroud: Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured
resist 10 psychic, ignore 10 psychic resistance
Enemies need 1 extra square of movement to move adjacent to Dorn

Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 15
AC 26, Fort 24, Reflex 24, Will 27 (base defenses)
HP 44/93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 23, Surges 6/7
Speed 7, Initiative +14
Action Points: 0

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: psychic
Dorn starts each combat with 5 tmp hp (from Fey Blessed Circlet)
Dorn has CA on surprise round and against enemies with lower init 1st round
Dorn uses the raw d20 (no mods) for all even/odd effects
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20
Dorn gets CA against enemies that are being flanked by his allies
When an enemy crits Dorn, Dorn can crit that enemy on a roll of 17-20 TENT
When using a close arcane attack power, Dorn can choose a square within 2 as the origin

Encounter Resources
USED Primordial Storm
USED Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
USED Spark Form
USED Furious Assault (no action)
Lightning Shift (move)
Variable Resistance (minor)
Narrow Escape
Periapt of Cascading Health (minor)
USED Half-Orc Resilience (no action)
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
USED Winds of Change
USED Demonic Wrath (minor)
Gambit Armor (minor)
Luckblade Dagger
USED Deep Shroud (minor)
Diamond Cincture (minor)
Antipathy Gloves (std)
Soul of the Bat (minor)

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Uncle Jaz continues firing his crossbow in a display of excellent marksmanship. His next bolt strikes Dorm Wellington in the side and drops him to the ground like a sack of potatoes. Upon killing the evil man, Uncle Jaz raises his fist in the air and hollers, "Yahhooo! I got another one!"

Jax, slightly annoyed at his uncle's propensity for kill-stealing, strikes at a gap in Sir TenSixEx's armor and scores an easy hit. He then dashes backward toward Hastings at unbelievable speed.

"You idiot!" Jax says to Hastings as he manuevers into position. "Maybe now you'll leave my family alone!" With that, he leaps into the air and plunges his dagger into the man's back.

[sblock=Jax actions / stats]Uncle Jaz
Standard: CA vs Dorm from stunned. RBA vs Dorm the Destroyer hits AC 34 for 23+5=28 damage, killing him. (1d20+22+2=34; 1d8+8=10; 3d6=13)

Move: Walk to T14.

Jax
Standard: CA vs Sir TenSixEx from Cur Exsixten's ability. Piercing Strike vs Sir TenSixEx hits Reflex 31 for 22+5=27 cold damage and 5 cold vunerability TENT Jax. (no sneak attack for this). (1d20+20+3=31;1d4+15+2+2=22)
--Free: Royal Scamper to shift to L14.

Minor: Battlemaster's Dagger to regain the use of Low Slash.

Minor: Low Slash vs Hastings hits Reflex 37 for 35 cold damage, killing him. (1d20+20+3=37; 1d4+15+2+2+4=24; 3d8+4=11)

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 13 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 23, Passive Insight: 22
AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:26, Will:19, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:7
HP:44/89, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:7/9
Initiative +14
Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
Bloodied

Powers
MBA: +19 vs Reflex, 1d4+14; or with CA, +22 vs Reflex, 1d4+16 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +20 vs Reflex, 1d4+11; or with CA, +23 vs Reflex, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Royal Scamper, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sneak in the Attack, Stunning Strike
Battlemaster's Dagger, Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Meditation of the Blade, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak, Royal Blood

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range (except basic attacks); on crit, make MBA with offhand (not cold damage)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Glugyug's strength falters as he swings at Andras. The attack still connects, but not with as much force as expected.

Andras attempts to pull away from the creature's grip, but the goblyn refuses to be shaken off. The genasi then attempts to head-but Glugyug, but he misses. In desperation, Andras calls out, "Dorn! Blast this little freak!" Dorn tries to assist, but his control falters, unleashing a wave of chaotic energies across the deck of the ship. Dorn obligingly turns and scours the goblyn with a bolt of acid.

[sblock=Actions]Immediate Interrupt: Firedeath when Glugyug hits, reducing his damage to 11 which is absorbed by my thp.

Move: Athletics to escape grab: nope.
Standard: On My Mark vs Glugyug. Nope. Dorn still gets to make an RBA against him though, just without any bonuses. Critical nope. Using Dorn's reroll, it turns into a 28 vs Reflex. Glugyug takes 30 acid damage.

Thanks to nerdytenor for letting me use that reroll.[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord/Captain of Fortune 12
Initiative: +18 | Passive perception: 26 | Passive Insight: 26
AC: 27 | For: 29 | Ref: 26 | Will: 25
HP: 81/81 | Bloodied: 40 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 10 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +17 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +18 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Powerful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Lady Luck Smiles, Disciplined Counter
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Coordinated Assault
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (0/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis, Unintended Feint, Favored Fortune
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm, Legacy Undying

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack.

Conditions:

grabbed

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Cur Exsixten clomps onto Count TenSixEx and shakes mightily. He then gives a short speech, but forgets to let go first so it comes out something like this:

FR SCRAR AR SRVRN YRSEGO ARFERFRTHRS BRT BRDGRS HRDS RRF...

Etcetera.

OOC: THP never stack as far as I know.

Summary:
Sir Exsixten is in O15 at 8+61/116hp in Hybrid form(+2 damage, speed, regen 6 while not bloodied), has regen 7 bloodied, DR10 TenT. He is no longer grabbed.
Sir TenSixEx takes 40 damage, is marked, and has -2 AC(save ends).

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Regen 7 hp to 8+61/116.
Standard: Brash Strike: 1d20+19=Crit, 3d6+31=40 damage, marked, now -2 to AC(save ends).
Minor: Gloat
Move: Shift to P15.

Immediate Actions(in order of priority):
*If Sir Exsixten is bloodiedReactive Surge + Amulet of Life: Sir Exsixten spends two healing surges, gaining 10THP+66HP
*If a marked enemy adjacent to Sir Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include himCombat Challenge: MBA against that enemy
*If an enemy hits an ally within 2 squares of Sir Exsixten with a melee attack→Guardian's Charge: Sir Exsixten and the ally shift to each other's squares, Sir Exsixten becomes the target of the attack, and then makes an MBA against the attacker.
*If hit by an adjacent enemy→Strikebacks: Sir Exsixten makes an MBA against that enemy.
*If hit by an attack that would drop Sir Exsixten to 0hp or lessMadstone(Item): Sir Exsixten spends a healing surge and cannot shift until the end of the encounter.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:8+61/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:8/14
Initiative +6, Action Points: 0

Powers
: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Inexorable Advance, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shout, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fails save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads