Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Luinnar

First Post
Strike your counterpart Sir ExSixTen! Quagmire shouts, urging Cur ExSixTen to bite his foe, but fails thanks to the vampire|blackguard thick iron plating.

if you strike me down, i shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!
...but not on wednesdays....

form of motorboat!
Count Tensixex shouts, leaping off the boat and paddling away in a small rowboat.

Glugyug out of here! the Goblyn yells, spitting Andras out of his mouth. He next runs off the boat, splashing into the water and swims away.

GM: Will the party pursue the fleeing enemies?

[sblock=actions]
Quagmire: Commander's Strike, grants Cur ExSixTen a MBA vs Count TenExSix miss.

Sharks:Swim away.

Count TenExSix:
Move:Shift to O17: Combat Challenge from Cur ExSixTen:missed
Move:L21

save succeed

Glugyug:
Free:End Grab
Double move X28
Andras OA: missed
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]
Count TenSixEx, Male Warforged
HP 109/189; Bloodied 95, marked TenT, 5 cold vunerability TENT
AC 32; Fortitude 32; Reflex 24; Will 24
Resistant: 10 Necrotic
Variability: 10 Radiant

Glugyug, Male Goblyn, marked EONT
HP 52/171; Bloodied 86
AC 30; Fortitude 29; Reflex 26; Will 28

Shark
HP 100/100; Bloodied 50
AC 30; Fortitude 28; Reflex 21; Will 20

Cur ExSixTen:8+61/116, werewolf form (+2 power bonus to speed,+2 power bonus to damage, 6 regenerate when not bloodied), regen 7 bloodied

Dorn: 44/93, Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured, melee and ranged attacks from more than one square away take a -5, and adjacent melee and ranged take -2,

Jax:44/88,

Andras:81/81, +1 AC and Ref EONT

Quagmire: 75/82, Quagmire heals +5 with any healing powers used until end of next turn,+2 to attack rolls and +5 to damage rolls until end of next turn, but if miss with first attack, grant CA, grants CA to Hastings EONT
Soul of the Shark (Daily Minor Personal [FONT=&quot]&#1 0022;[/FONT] Polymorph, Primal, Shadow)
Effect: I change into a hybrid shark/hobgoblin until the end of the encounter. I keep all equipment, armor, and weapons, and can use them normally. I gain a swim speed equal to my land speed and can breathe underwater (and in air). I can communicate with carnivorous fish (though some may have only animal intelligence). I gain proficiency with my bite attack: +16 vs AC for 1d12+7 damage. I also gain +2 to Intimidate checks, +4 power bonus to damage rolls, +1 power bonus to attack rolls. I can end hybrid form as a minor action. Using any other power with the Polymorph keyword ends this power.

Uncle Jaz: 55/91

[/sblock]
[sblock=Uncle Jaz (updated with more to hit and extra backstab usage)]
Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief) Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
HP 91; Bloodied 46
AC 27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
Speed 6
Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1
Initiative
+17 Perception +19

Traits:
Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions
: (Note: Jaz does not have to reload his crossbow).
RBA: Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
Attack: Ranged 5; +22 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + 8.

Standard Actions
:
MBA: Dagger
Attack: Melee 1; +18 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4

Move Actions:
Technical Trick • At-Will
Effect: Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

Effect: No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick • At-Will

Effect: No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
Effect: Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty • At-Will

Effect: Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions
:
Backstab • Encounter
Effect: Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.
Special: Jaz can use this twice per encounter.

Triggered Actions
:
It's a Trap! • Encounter (used)
Requirements: An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
Effect (Immediate Reaction): Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment: unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]
The barrels, cannons, boxes etc. are difficult terrain.

The party is currently on the upper level, they can go down the stairs or just off the bannister to reach the lower level. Climbing up to the upper level without using the stairs requires a DC 18 athletics check.

Characters can be pushed off in the water but get a save. You can use ropes on the ship to climb back up out of the water, this requires no check but takes a full move action.

The round wooden things is the mast, You can pass through but not end your turn in the square.

Underwater Rules:
Quagmire gains CA and Concealment against enemies underwater without waterbreathing, enemies underwater takes 10 ongoing damage (starting this turn)

You can drag them deeper or move them around if they are grabbed.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• mirriormirrior8.jpg
    mirriormirrior8.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 146

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Cur Exsixten seems to be about to say something, but then the wolf pups come out of hiding and he begins to cavort and play with them.

OOC: I'm for letting them go. I'm also probably going to be taking a break from PbP next time we hit an extended rest.

[sblock=Actions]None.

Immediate Actions(in order of priority):
*If Sir Exsixten is bloodiedReactive Surge + Amulet of Life: Sir Exsixten spends two healing surges, gaining 10THP+66HP
*If a marked enemy adjacent to Sir Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include himCombat Challenge: MBA against that enemy
*If an enemy hits an ally within 2 squares of Sir Exsixten with a melee attack→Guardian's Charge: Sir Exsixten and the ally shift to each other's squares, Sir Exsixten becomes the target of the attack, and then makes an MBA against the attacker.
*If hit by an adjacent enemy→Strikebacks: Sir Exsixten makes an MBA against that enemy.
*If hit by an attack that would drop Sir Exsixten to 0hp or lessMadstone(Item): Sir Exsixten spends a healing surge and cannot shift until the end of the encounter.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:8+61/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:8/14
Initiative +6, Action Points: 0

Powers
: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Inexorable Advance, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shout, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fails save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy[/sblock][/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: I'm for letting them go. I'm also probably going to be taking a break from PbP next time we hit an extended rest.
GM: This is the last encounter, the adventure is almost finished :)

I'm going to take a break from DMing after this adventure as real life is getting much more busy. I'll still be around for other things however.

Luinnar

First Post
AND YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY FAMILY! Uncle Jaz shouts, shaking his fist at the retreating backs of the foes.

We, we won! We won! I can't believe it, we actually won! Jaz shouts, doing a little dance. That means...all the money is mine!... I mean ours.... he adds quickly. Think of what I can do with it? I could start a trapmaking branch in Daunton!

And Jax can work there! You could be my apprentice Jax! And I could teach you about business and finance and...what are we going to do with him? Jaz says, pointing to Cousin Dak, who is still knocked out on the ground.

Dekana

Explorer
"Duh!" Jax answers as if it's obvious. "He attacked his own family. He gets HARD LABOR! Make Cousin Dak suffer as your apprentice instead of me."

"Anyway, all's well that ends well. The bad guys are dead, and the kobolds are rich. Now let's get off this ghost-island and never come back."

Luinnar

First Post
"Duh!" Jax answers as if it's obvious. "He attacked his own family. He gets HARD LABOR! Make Cousin Dak suffer as your apprentice instead of me."
NONONONONO! Uncle Jaz shouts. I'm not having him work for me!

But maybe...
he says brightening up, he could test traps! Those Warforges charge too much anyway!

GM: Will try to wrap things up this weekend, feel free to roleplay until then :)

Luinnar

First Post
Suddenly three ghostly figures materialize nearby the party.

Do not fear, we are not here to harm ye.
Says the ghostly figure of Captain Garvyn. Thanks to ye my family can finally pass on to the afterlife.

Thank you heroes, says Madeline Garvyn, for now I am finally reunited with my son and husband and can leave this plane of existence. If it were not for you we would be trapped here forever. But you have broken the curse on us all and now we can be at peace.

I want to be just like you when I grow up! says the son, Charles, pointing to Jax. But then I'll have to be all green and scaly... but I'll find a way!

Take my ship and treat her well, Captain Garvyn says. Fear not if ye do not know how to sail it. Its curse may be broken, but the powers that bound me to it still allows it to go anywhere you wish with just a thought.

Thank you again noble heroes... Madeline Garvyn says, and the three fade away.

WOW, our own ship! Uncle Jaz squeals with delight. I wonder how much I can sell it for...

Erm, I mean, it will be really useful to us! he adds hastily. Now let's us get out of here!

Uncle Jaz walks up to the ship's wheel and puts his paws on it. Um how does it work? I just want to go back to Bacarte- hey it's working! he squeals, and wind starts to blow through the sails and the ship starts to move, even though there is not any breeze to be felt. The ship makes excellent time and soon it enters the Bacarte harbor.

I'm out of here! Uncle Jaz shouts, leaping down the gangplank. Um, I guess you want to be paid... he says, throwing a large bag of gold on deck. Thanks for the help, and make sure Jaz does not get into too much trouble! Come by The Kobold's Stinger and I'll give you a 10% discount on any trap you want!

Come on Dak, you have a lot of work to do!

C-c-coming sir! Cousin Dak stammers, running after Jaz and giving the party a scared look.

Jax hurriedly picks up the bag of gold and divides it. As he just finishes...

JAX, YOU COME TO BACARTE AND DON"T EVEN VISIT YOUR MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU?! YOU WAIT UNTIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME! HE'LL TEACH YOU SOME RESPECT! shouts a female voice, coming from a female Kobold some hundred yards away and quickly approaching the boat from the dock.

GM: Will Get xp/gold up later this weekend :)

Remove ads