Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Dekana

Explorer
I suppose old Bertram could use another potato peeler. Garvyn says. Can ye cook?
"Oh sure," Jax says while nodding. "Rat on a stick is easy. I'm good with stuffed pigeon, too. And I can peel potatoes like nobody!" He taps the daggers at his waist.

OOC: I'll consider potato peeling to be a Daggermaster bonus ability. Though they may get frostburned if he uses his own dagger.

Luinnar

First Post
Glad to have another sailor aboard! And a hobgoblin too, my first mate is a hobgoblin! You lot must be have sailing in ye blood! Garvyn says to Quagmire with a laugh.

Don't worry lads, I'm sure we will find suitable jobs for you! Garvyn says, eying Sir ExSixTen in the process, unsure if he was jesting or not.

Brummett! he yells and an older hobgoblin comes running. He looks tough and reliable. His hair is turning grey and he is missing several of his teeth. What can I do you for captain? Brummett asks.

Take these folks to their cabins. Give them the guest ones. the captian says.

Right away sah!
he hobgoblin says. This way gents. he says, leading the group below deck to the cabins. He shows you two rooms, each are fitted with a stack of four bunks, a desk (bolted to the bulkhead) and four stools. Four small empty lockers also line one wall, forming a bench. We leave at dawn so be sure to have your affairs in order. I'll leave you to get settled and will give you duties in the morning. Let me know of you need anything. he says, exiting the room.

Well, that was interesting. Uncle Jaz says examining the bed. I wish there was enough room so I could have my own cabin... he says with a frown. Oh well, sacrifices must be made. So me, Jax and somebody else in here, and the rest in the other room?

OOC: There is still time to level up and buy equipment, that was just roleplaying ;)

Dekana

Explorer
"Jaz, please - these are my friends. So we can at least fit one more in this room, and five in the other."

While everyone is getting settled in, Jax approaches his uncle. "About this island we're going to... why is it abandoned? Do you know why the family left? Or what killed them?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten comes in from above decks and walks to the Captain's Cabin.

THE OFFICER IN CHARGE OF DRIVING THIS THING UNREASONABLY OBJECTED TO SIR EXSIXTEN USING THE STEERING LEVERS OR WHATEVER THEY USE TO CHARGE OUT OF THE HARBOR.

SIR EXSIXTEN HAS DETERMINED THE CAUSE HOWEVER, SUCH IS HIS ESTEEM FOR OUR HERO, THE CAPTAIN WANTED SIR EXSIXTEN'S MIGHT CAPACITORS FULLY CHARGED FOR OUR UPCOMING BATTLE WITH THE DRAGON AND SO WANTED SIR EXSIXTEN TO AVAIL HIMSELF OF THE BEST ROOM.

He tries to open the door the the cabin and finds it locked. A moment passes of staring at it in bewilderment, gears literally grinding in his head.

Luinnar

First Post
While everyone is getting settled in, Jax approaches his uncle. "About this island we're going to... why is it abandoned? Do you know why the family left? Or what killed them?"
I think it is where they keep their dead, a crypt or something. I would not want to live near one myself, too spooky. Uncle Jaz makes a face. Better off on an island. That way old aunt Izabeza can't complain if you never visit her. Of course knowing her she would find a way. Well she is not dead yet anyway. Jaz says.

The party divide the cabins in half. Sir ExSixTen eventually figures out how to open the door and claims the top bunk (despite the fact the he does not sleep) with the wolf pups. Jaz and Jax are too scared of it collapsing on them and curl up in the corners to sleep. The rest of the party settle in quite nicely.

Brummett the first mate rouses the entire crew an hour before dawn. Final checks are made, the ship was frees from her moorings, and the Endurance slipped silently out of the harbor. With a fair sky and a brisk wind, it seemed perfect weather for Captain Garvyn’s (and your) mission.

The day passes uneventfully. The weather is clear, the wind is brisk, and the sun is warm. Each person is assigned their chores. Jax and Dorn peel potatoes and help the cook. Brenn is assigned to lookout in the crow's nest and observes numerous schools of fish in the water, flocks of sea gulls, and schools of porpoises and dolphins. Quagmire and Andras help the crew out on deck and Sir ExSixTen is appointed official wolf pup watcher below deck. Uncle Jaz seems to spend the day skirting his duties.

[sblock=Quagmire]
During the day you notice Brummett keeping an eye on you more than the others. When you look at him he hurriedly looks away. Several times he seems like he is about to say something, them he clears his throat and goes about his business.
[/sblock]
At night when the party is heading back to their cabins they spot a little boy of no more than five or six in the hallway. He is dressed in a white pajamas with a matching cap. His blue eyes are swollen with tears, and he sobs when he sees you. Can you help me? he chokes through the sobs. I’ve lost Carl, my bear. I’ve been looking all over, but I can’t find him. The little boy shudders and you realize that he must be half-frozen with the chill from the night. He reaches for Jax's hand and his fingers are ice-cold.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
"A bear?" Jax asks with some alarm. He finds it hard to believe such a young human could be a ranger. "Nevermind that, you need to get warmed up first. I'll find you a hot rock to lie on."

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn laughs. "He means a toy bear, silly." Dorn turns to face the boy. "You do, don't you?" he asks, just to be sure.

Dorn stretches out his palm and lets a tiny ball of flame appear. He lets it linger for a second, then waves the flame away. His hands appear slightly redder than usual, but otherwise unharmed.

"Now don't be afraid," Dorn says to the boy. He reaches for the boy's hands to warm them.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire frowns behind his hand. What is a child of five doing aboard a ship? The captain didn't mention any other passengers, did he? Hmm.... "Where're yer folks, laddie?" he asks gently, but does not approach the boy.

Luinnar

First Post
"A bear?" Jax asks with some alarm. He finds it hard to believe such a young human could be a ranger. "Nevermind that, you need to get warmed up first. I'll find you a hot rock to lie on."
Carl is my toy bear silly! he says laughing. Having a real bear would be fun too!
"Now don't be afraid," Dorn says to the boy. He reaches for the boy's hands to warm them.
Oh, magic! I love magic! My grandmother tries to teach me magic! But papa does not like it when she does. He gets mad and yells and grandma... he says sadly.

I just came from her house and I am going home. All by my self too! I'm almost six years old, I can take care of myself! he gives a little sneeze. Dorn finds the boy's hands are still cold even after trying to warm them up with the flame.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten leans next to Quagmire and "whispers", IN THE PAST, SIR EXSIXTEN'S RATIO OF CHILD:ZOMBIE RESULTS DURING INSPECTION IS APPROXIMATELY 5:0. DOES THIS SEEM WORTHY OF FURTHER INSPECTION? I HAVE HEARD THAT OCCASIONALLY DEMONS DISGUISE THEMSELVES AS CHILDREN - SHOULD WE DO A DEMON TEST ON IT?

Remove ads