Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Dekana

Explorer
Jax wanders over to the table while Andras helps the boy find his bear. He still suspects that the kid is a specter or zombie or some monstrosity, but even if he is, he seems pretty harmless.

[sblock=thief mode]Jax's curiosity is really piqued now. The marble almost looks likes a cat's eye, doesn't it? He wonders if it actually belonged to some creature. But humans don't keep trophies like that. Then again, the softskin barbarians did have dragon heads hung in the tavern...

In any case, Jax wants the marble.

Thievery 31. (1d20+18=31)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Jax]
Jax deftly steals the marble without anyone looking. Perhaps it is time to choose a deity that is forgiving with these things ;)
[/sblock]
The boy yaws and starts to crawl into bead with his bear. Thanks for finding him he mumbles sleepily. The groups tiptoes out and shuts the door quietly.

Where were you? Uncle Jaz says as Jax opens the door to his and Sir ExSixTen's cabin. I was hoping you would make me some rat-on-a-stick, but it is too late now.

Can somebody please take care of these dogs? They have been bothering me all day, yapping and clawing at the trunk I was hidi- I mean investigating! Yeah that was it! Captain told me to investigating it! he stammers as the wolf pups yap
happily, running around Sir ExSixTen.

Yep it is a box alright! Jaz says tapping it with his clawed hand. Well I'm going to bed and crawls into a corner before anyone can ask any more questions.

The next day the party continues their duties. Brenn is in the crows nest, keeping a lookout.
[sblock=Brenn]
In the distance you spot thick fog. It seems to be a ways off, but judging from the speed the boat is traveling at you will hit it by nightfall.
[/sblock]
Dorn and Jax are helping the cook gut fish. Where your friend go to? Ralf the cook says, looking up from cutting some onions. We could use an extra hand here, I've got seventeen more fish to go!

Andras and Quagmire are on deck, helping scrub it clean with some of the other sailors. So, where you from lads? First mate Brummett asks walking up to the duo. For some reason he seems nervous.

Sir ExSixTen is rigged up to a harness and pulley system and is set to work polishing the statue of Neptune on the front of the boat. He spots strange grey fish-like creatures with a snout and hole in its head. They seem to be watching him, interested in the shiny sun gleaming off his metal body.

Luinnar

First Post
Suddenly a horrible shrieking and wailing fills the air, causing every plank of the ship to vibrate. Never in your life have you heard such an unearthly caterwauling. Crewmen look around in horror and some come running from below deck with swords in hand.

What is it? Brummett shouts. Who is making that noise?

With a shout some of the sailors point to the source of the noise. The wailing is caused by an transparent apparition of a woman floating by the stern of the ship. She is approximately 30 years old, with long blonde hair and a beautiful face. She is dressed in a pink flannel nightgown and she clutches a baby’s blanket, cradling it in her arms, but she holds no child. Her face is puffy and swollen and she looks exhausted.

The woman cries, sobs and shrieks, calling out. Oh, child, you shall never know me! Who will be mother to you? she wails.

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn follows the sailors and hurries toward the source of the noise. He steps well behind the armed sailors when he sees the apparition. Gods be good, he thinks, subtly drawing his daggers just in case.

covaithe

Explorer
"I'm from.... What in the seven hells is that??!" Quagmire's response to Brummett is interrupted by the appearance of the spectral figure.

OOC: Yes, sorry, I know that was my cue to interact with Brummett. This week kind of sucked. :p

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten regards her solemnly for a moment. FEMALE PERSONAGE, APPARENTLY YOU ARE OUT OF SYNCHRONIZATION WITH MODERN MODES OF FEMININE PRESENTATION VIS-A-VIS MODES OF DRESS AND GENERAL PERSONAL APPEARANCE. PINK LOOKS TERRIBLE ON YOU AND FLANNEL, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING WOMAN?

OUR HERO SUGGESTS SOME CONCEALER TO REDUCE THE DOMINANCE OF THE PUFFINESS AND THE DETRIMENTAL EFFECT IT HAS ON YOUR COUNTENANCE AND A NICE PRACTICAL PAIR OF TROUSERS AND A TUNIC - SOME MATERIAL THAT DOESN'T REACT ADVERSELY TO THE OCCASIONAL SEA MISTS AND THE LIKE.

ALSO, IF YOU ARE HERE TO DO SOME WHALING, YOU LOOKED UP THE WRONG WORD IN YOUR SYNTACTICAL CODEX AS WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS "W-A-I-L-I-N-G" AND IT IS NOT LIKELY TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED EFFECT OF ELICITING A PARENTAL BOND WITH YOUR UNSPECIFIED DERELICT HOMO-SAPIENS PUPA.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Well, I think we should tell young Charles that his mommy is looking for him," Brenn quipped after a moment. "Somehow I think the two are connected. All in all, I'm more concerned with the fog bank out on the horizon. Ghosts and undead, I think we can handle those..."

Luinnar

First Post
Sir Exsixten regards her solemnly for a moment. FEMALE PERSONAGE, APPARENTLY YOU ARE OUT OF SYNCHRONIZATION WITH MODERN MODES OF FEMININE PRESENTATION VIS-A-VIS MODES OF DRESS AND GENERAL PERSONAL APPEARANCE. PINK LOOKS TERRIBLE ON YOU AND FLANNEL, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING WOMAN?

OUR HERO SUGGESTS SOME CONCEALER TO REDUCE THE DOMINANCE OF THE PUFFINESS AND THE DETRIMENTAL EFFECT IT HAS ON YOUR COUNTENANCE AND A NICE PRACTICAL PAIR OF TROUSERS AND A TUNIC - SOME MATERIAL THAT DOESN'T REACT ADVERSELY TO THE OCCASIONAL SEA MISTS AND THE LIKE.

ALSO, IF YOU ARE HERE TO DO SOME WHALING, YOU LOOKED UP THE WRONG WORD IN YOUR SYNTACTICAL CODEX AS WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS "W-A-I-L-I-N-G" AND IT IS NOT LIKELY TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED EFFECT OF ELICITING A PARENTAL BOND WITH YOUR UNSPECIFIED DERELICT HOMO-SAPIENS PUPA.
Sir, have you seen my beloved son? she asked Sir ExSixTen. I have not been able to be a mother to him and I left him in the care of my mother and husband.

Oh why must I be tormented so? she wails anew. Why can't I be set free? Why must I be bound to this world? What must I do to earn your forgiveness? with these last words she scans the deck, as if searching for someone.

Dekana

Explorer
Jax exclaims "Undead, everywhere we go!" More out of frustration than anything else, the kobold raises his daggers and crosses them.

"Um, begone - lost spirit! I command you on, uh... my authority, to depart this ship... this world... and return to... wherever you came from!"

OOC: Jax has no divine power of any kind, hehe.
Gods that like thieves, eh? Tiamat is probably cool with it if Jax only steals from inferior softskins. Or to use the Greek (L4W) dieties, Hermes.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras relaxes slightly when it appears the ghost isn't malicious. "Ah, madam, what were your son and husband's names? And why are you looking for them on this ship?"

Remove ads