Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Luinnar

First Post
GM: I'll just assume everyone is following.

The party follows Brummett down to the captain's cabin and finds that Brummett has gotten there first and the door is closed. Jax decides to put his ear against the door to listen in on the conversation.

Sir, you must of heard it, she was back again. Brummett mutters.
I know, I know! Captain Garvyn snaps irritably.

Sir, you are going to have to tell the newcomers. They are bound to be suspicious... Why did you bring them along anyway?

I wanted...I thought...I just...We just needed the help! he snaps.

Jax leans closer to press his ear right on the door, causing it to fly open. It must of not been closed all the way.

What do you want? Can't you see we are having a private conversation here?
the captain yells.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten stares at him for a moment. YOU CAN'T SEE A CONVERSATION UNLESS YOUR VISUAL SPECTRUM ALLOWS PERCEPTION OF THE RAPID AIR OSCILLATIONS RESULTING FROM SYLLABIC UTTERANCES THAT ARE DECIPHERED BY THE PERCEIVER VIA SOCIAL CONDITIONING AND EXTENSIVE PRACTICE INTO SYMBOLS THAT ARE IMBUED WITH INDIVIDUAL MEANINGS AND, WHEN COMBINED, FORM CONVERSATIONS. SO, NO, WE DIDN'T SEE IT.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras looks gravely at the captain, "With all due respect sir, I think this haunting affects all of us. I don't mean to impose on a private matter, but if you know something, you should tell us."

Luinnar

First Post
Andras looks gravely at the captain, "With all due respect sir, I think this haunting affects all of us. I don't mean to impose on a private matter, but if you know something, you should tell us."
Have a seat he says with a sigh, motioning to the only vacant chair. The truth is that this effects you more than you can know, but let me start from the beginning.

Almost twenty years ago I married my wife, Madeline Daegon. She was a lovely women, much too good for a lowly sailor like me. She returned my love and we were happy. Happier still when we found that she was with child. When she died giving birth to that child my heart was broken. I tried to love Charles, but he reminded me too much of his mother, making it hard to look at him without thinking of her. Because of that I was not a good father and I spent most of my time at sea.

He was raised my my mother-in-law Samantha Daegon. She never liked me, thought her daughter was too good for me. She was probably right. Blamed me for her daughter's death too. But she was a decent caretaker for Charles. The witch.

He waved his hand. I mean it literally rather than figuratively speaking. She dabbled in the arcane arts. I think the technical term is a wizardess. I was a simple man and did not hold with such things. My wife did not have any of the powers, at least that I knew of. But my son did, though it was not the same as his grandmother.

One day I came home and found that women teaching my son her magic, he spits out the last word as if poison. I was so angered that I hit her, knocking her to the floor. And then I rounded on my son... he says sadly. I did not touch the boy, but I was yelling at him at the top of my voice. I could see he was terrified, but I kept screaming and yelling, even when the boy was in tears. It was not his fault, but I would not stop.

He was so frightened of me that he caused some sort of magical explosion or summoned up some kind of spell to protect himself from me. There was a flash of fire, and I must of been knocked out because when I woke up the whole house was on fire and part of it was already caved in.

I tried searching for them, but neither could be found. Most of the house was gone by the time I came to. I could only find the boy's bear he used to carry around. I was so angry that I cursed myself for what had happened and my boat and my crew. Cursed the day I set eyes on the ship since it took me from my son.

Well, it seems that someone of something granted my request, for next time we sailed we got into a vicious storm. Mist and waves and wind buffeted the ship, everything every sailor fears. It smashed us to pieces. The next morning I woke up in my cabin and the ship was somehow repaired and the crew alive. When we hit shore it turned out that me and my crew was unable to leave the ship, bound to it. Many nights we were also haunted by the ghost of my wife, whose spirit must have been brought back from the afterlife. I have also heard that a child haunts this ship, but look as I may I never found it. It must be part of that same curse, never to look upon the face of my boy again.

Over the years I have picked up several new crew members...I am sorry to say that you are all bound to this ship as well, though not strong enough to be trapped, at least for this moment..

Years has passed, but then a particular thing happened. I was docked in port seeing the sights, for that is the only thing we could do on this cursed ship, when I was approached by a small green fellow. He wanted a boat and cheap too and it turned out that he wanted to go to the same island my wife is laid to rest at. I though that perhaps he could help, perhaps he could lay to rest the spirit of my beloved and end this curse. For you all should be able to venture far enough away from the boat to do what me and my crew could not do these many years.

I know it is selfish of me to bring you into this without your permission.
I am not a wealthy man, nor a powerful one, so I can offer little in return, but will you help me? he says, looking at each of you in turn.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
<INITIATE INTEREST FILTER: ... witch ... arcane arts ... wizardess ... magic ... magical explosion ... summoned up some kind of spell ... flash of fire ... house was on fire ... cursed ... vicious storm ... ghost ... spirit ... ship ... trapped ... cursed ship ... small green fellow ... spirit ... curse ... FILTER COMPLETE, SYNTHESIZING...>

COMPANIONS, SIR EXSIXTEN HAS FIGURED OUT THE RIDDLE OF THIS MAN'S TALE: THE WITCH IS THE STORM, THAT'S THE TWIST. SEE, WHEN THE LITTLE GREEN FELLOW - A GOBLING OBVIOUSLY - SET THE HOUSE ON FIRE AND CURSED EVERYTHING, HE LITERALLY CURSED UP A STORM, THAT BECAME SENTIENT AND BEGAN BLOWING OR SETTING ON FIRE EVERYTHING IT TOUCHED!

SIR EXSIXTEN AND HIS MERRY BAND NEED ONLY TO FIND WHERE THE GHOST STORM ORIGINATES AND THAT'S WHERE THE GOBLING WILL BE. DESTROY HIM AND WE DESTROY THE GHOST STORM WHICH, PUT AN END TO THE CURSED SHIP'S REIGN OF TERROR, AND <ADDITIONAL DRAMA NEEDED: INSERT DRAGON> SAVE THE DRAGON FROM <ADDITIONAL DRAMA NEEDED: INSERT PRINCESS> THE PRINCESS ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Dekana

Explorer
If Jax weren't so terrified of drowning, he would immediately make for the dinghy and flee from the haunted ship. But he is.

"Ughh... Where's Jaz? He just had to skimp on the travel budget and hire a ghost ship!" Jax looks briefly to the captain. "Right, right, we'll get rid of your wife. It's not like we have a choice anyway, not if we ever want to leave this garbage scow.

The thief turns away from the captain and dashes out of the room. "JAZ! Where are you? I'm going to knock some sense into you!"

Luinnar

First Post
<INITIATE INTEREST FILTER: ... witch ... arcane arts ... wizardess ... magic ... magical explosion ... summoned up some kind of spell ... flash of fire ... house was on fire ... cursed ... vicious storm ... ghost ... spirit ... ship ... trapped ... cursed ship ... small green fellow ... spirit ... curse ...FILTER COMPLETE, SYNTHESIZING...>

COMPANIONS, SIR EXSIXTEN HAS FIGURED OUT THE RIDDLE OF THIS MAN'S TALE: THE WITCH IS THE STORM, THAT'S THE TWIST. SEE, WHEN THE LITTLE GREEN FELLOW - A GOBLING OBVIOUSLY - SET THE HOUSE ON FIRE AND CURSED EVERYTHING, HE LITERALLY CURSED UP A STORM, THAT BECAME SENTIENT AND BEGAN BLOWING OR SETTING ON FIRE EVERYTHING IT TOUCHED!

SIR EXSIXTEN AND HIS MERRY BAND NEED ONLY TO FIND WHERE THE GHOST STORM ORIGINATES AND THAT'S WHERE THE GOBLING WILL BE. DESTROY HIM AND WE DESTROY THE GHOST STORM WHICH, PUT AN END TO THE CURSED SHIP'S REIGN OF TERROR, AND <ADDITIONAL DRAMA NEEDED: INSERT DRAGON> SAVE THE DRAGON FROM <ADDITIONAL DRAMA NEEDED: INSERT PRINCESS> THE PRINCESS ONCE AND FOR ALL!
OOC: My Bard would love to save the dragon from the princess! :lol:

GM: Each PC may either follow Jax or continue talking to Captain Garvyn :)

The thief turns away from the captain and dashes out of the room. "JAZ! Where are you? I'm going to knock some sense into you!"
Jax dashes back to his cabin. The wolf pups wag their tales at Jax upon his arrival and then go about trying to find a way to get to Uncle Jaz.

Waaaa, what do you want? I was sleeping. Uncle Jaz says poking his head out of the trunk he was sleeping in. Why do you want to hurt me?

Dekana

Explorer
"Don't act so innocent. You hired a ghost ship for us!"

Jax looks around for something to beat his uncle with. He settles on a sheaf of papers and rolls them up. He leaps at Jaz, still in the trunk, and bops him on the head a few times with the roll of paper.

"You dolt! This is what you get for being cheap!"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten steps into the room and, upon seeing Jax whacking Jaz, he steps up behind them, voice booming as he raises his axe.

RE-NON-UN-EX-GHOST LIZARD JAXIMUS, DO YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE? IF THERE IS SOME MACHIAVELLIAN FILIAL BETRAYAL IN ACTION, SIR EXSIXTEN COULD AXSIST YOU!

Remove ads