• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
As the warlord carefully picks up the orb and places it on one of the last two remaining slots, the orb, like the others before, fuses into the shield. Before it solidifies, a piece of hot liquid metal spews forth from the orb, landing on the warlord's forearm. Smoke rises from the flesh that burns from the flesh exposed to metal, the pain causing the warlord to drop the shield. An instant later the pain is gone. As the warlord inspects his arm, he notices a mark left where the metal hit. There is no sign of the metal, but the mark is diamond-shaped and the same dark red color as the original orb.

[sblock=temporary orb power: orb of runes]

Halleck receives an extra inspiring word per encounter.
Each inspiring word now does an additional +2 healing

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: I know there has been a delay, but I think everyone will be done leveling their characters soon. I intend to get things moving again this weekend. There is a door, blown outward due to the blast. A corridor, A rough cut passages way leads to what looks appears to be a dead end.

ooc: ah hell, let's get started now :)

[sblock=dungeoneering 15]
There is an outline of a door etched along the wall. Someone
has taken precautions to keep it hidden.
[/sblock]

[sblock=perception 20]
There is a trap on the door.
[/sblock]

[sblock=thievery check 20]
You disarm the trap

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Rocco passes first two by default, will not even attempt third one :)

"Oi, there's hidden door here. Somebody didn't want us to find it. Only, it has a nice surprise for the unwary. See here? There is a trap. Very predictable.

Can anyone do something about it? Or should I just walk through?"

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Knight Commander Halleck, Hybrid Warlord/Bard L11 mini-stats

[sblock=Note to other Players: Knight Commander Powers]
Halleck has the PP Powers:
1. All adjacent allies get +2 to attacks
2. When I spend an AP, all allies who can see/hear me get +1 to defenses TENT-Halleck

[/sblock][sblock=Note to other Players: Bravura]
Halleck has the Bravura Presence:
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Melee characters might also want to save their AP until I hit with Withering Courage, so they can double dip on the +5 damage bonus.
[/sblock][sblock=Note to other Players: If you miss on something REALLY important]
Halleck has daily power Unintended Feint:
If you miss an attack, and you are within five squares of Halleck, you can use my daily power to reroll the attack with CA.

But, since it's a daily, please use wisely. Also, please throw up a big OOC message so I don't miss the fact that you used it.
[/sblock][sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
[sblock=Action Block]

Free:
Resist All: 2
Move: (+1 to AC / Ref)

Minor:

Standard:
Attack:
Damage: (+2 shield) =
Effect:

[sblock=ignore]
Standard:
Brash Assault

• Target: B2
  • Attack: 1d20+15=23 Miss
  • Damage: 1d8+8=0 (+2 shield) =
  • Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

• Skalisss MBA: 1d20+20=30 hits for 1d8+12=19
REMOVE WITH NEXT BRASH ASSAULT[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard Knight Commander 11
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20

Defenses:

AC: 28*, Fort: 23, Reflex: 19, Will: 26 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 76/76, THP: 0/14 Bloodied: 38, Surge Value: 19, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +16 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+8 (+2 shield)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
All Adjacent Allies: +2 to attack
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage
Superior Will Feat: If dazed or stunned, you make a saving throw at the start of your turn to end the effect, even if it does not normally end with a saving through (IE, TENT)
On AP: +1 to all allies defenses, TENT-Halleck
Orb Shield Powers:
+2 to damage
+2 resist all
+2 to all saving throws
+1 to AC
+1 Inspiring Word / Encounter
+2 hp with inspiring word

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery, Cloak of the Walking Wounded Second Wind, Boot of the Fencing Master shift,
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word 1 (+2 hp), Inspiring Word 2 (+2 hp), Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Slash & Press, Withering Courage, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc, Benefactor Armor Enc, Recoil Shield Knockdown Immediate Reaction
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Song of Discord, Canon of Avoidance, Unintended Feint, Harmonic Spellblade Boon, Benefactor Armor Daily,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +5, Athletics +12, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +20, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +12, Heal +12, History +5, Insight +10, Intimidate +16, Nature +8, Perception +8, Religion +5, Stealth +4, Streetwise +12, Thievery +4

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log][sblock=Mark of Trogdor]
1. Thorkelson, a bald, tattooed man, entered the hangman's tavern and recruits Halleck and Vimak for a job. Thorkelson, needed some protection at the docks, but apparently had some sinister other motive, since he used drinks from the bar to drug Halleck and Vimak.

2. Wake up in the middle of a fight, being helped by strangers. Give the bandits a beating,

3. Get approached by the bandit leaders, who have two girls that look exactly like that one we want. The real girl is revealed, and natural, a fight breaks out. After we smash the goons, their leader, Hank the Tank comes out. And, eventually, Hank gets killed.

4. Get the real mission: deliver Lerrick to brother Buchta, so he can remove the mark of Trogdor from her forehead. The mark is in indicator to all that Lerrick has been chosen to be sacrificed to the dragon Bosch. Your quest as of now is to provide safe passage for Lerrick to brother Buchta so that he can perform the ritual. This includes taking her to the portal, traveling thought it, and then taking her from the portal to brother Buchta's place of residence.

5. Delivered Lerrick, performed the ritual, saved the day. However, discovered an evil dragon named Bosch who wears a necklace which makes him a juggernaut. Halleck carries a shield which should counter this effect. Adventurers now must stop the dragon.
[/sblock][sblock=Trogdor 1.5]1. Wait at Tavern.
2. Fight in tavern vs statues.
3. Kick Statue butt.
[/sblock]1. Wait at Tavern.
2. Get attacked by some shadow things, at tavern.
3. Get on the road
4. Run in to some people enslaved by demons. Agree to rescue them / free them from masters
5. Encounter Beholders (really hard!)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: I'm going to assume that Rocco would bash the door because that's the way Rocco is the type who would do that :)

Rocco bench presses the door which burst open from the shear strength of the dwarf. As it does so, Rocco heres a click...then nothing. After further inspection the dwarf realizes that the trap failed.

The door opens into a long corridor, with the door you just bashed in being one end of the corridor. The corridor is long, 20 feet wide and lighted by braziers of fire, fueled by oil. The flickering light reflects on the walls of the passageway, each of which have carved notches which hold countless broken humanoid bones and skulls

[sblock=history 20]
This corridor is one of a network of catacombs that spread under neith the city of Daunton. This area in particular was the burial place for a plague that nearly wipe out the city and surrounding area 100 years before.
[/sblock]

Another hundred feet or so you is another door. As you reach the door in front of you you see etched in the door the carving of a man dressed in full plate holding a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. It is the shield that grabs everyones attention as the shield looks like the shield that Halleck now possesses.

[sblock=perception 15]
The door has been recently open and now is slightly ajar with a ray of red light filtering through the crack.

[sblock=perception 25]
You notice the notches in the walls the last 30 feet or so are empty, containing no bones at all
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Behind the door you hear someone shouting, obviously angered, cursing loudly.

What do you do?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
History (1d20+5=9)
Perception passes passively

"Ah, HAA! Even traps are afraid of hitting me!"

"Erm, check the statue, maybe there is something orby around?"

Rocco frowns toward the empty tunnel and waits for other to join him. As soon as they are withing reasonable distance, he charges inside
"Didn't yo mamma teach you not to use foul language in front of the ladies!?"

[sblock=REASONABLE DISTANCE]
Any distance that people can come and help with one move action...which means, Halleck and Vimak almost on top of him, ranged characters 5 square more behind...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=Moment back in time]
While the group rested, Nementah explored her new relic and the power it granted her. Several times, she tried to raise it from it's dormant state, but failed. All she knew, she is Nementah, Sidhe Lord of Infinite Branches, shaman of the proud tribe of wilden from Kythira, without any knowledge of the background or history of Relkath, except those legends her tribe told from one shaman to the next.

Finally, she concentrated onto the branch and her spirit connection and sent out a Call. Call for those of Relkath's faithful, there is new Lady of Infinite Branches, help me restore the ancient treant.

Several hours later, the party is ready to move. Suddenly, from the ceiling drops a huge bat form (huge for a bat, that is) which stands in front of Nementah and bows.

[sblock=Elven]
"Greetings, Lady, I am Xerzuzu. I'm answering your call if you'll have me. I was protecting Relkath in his final battle and was severely wounded, but I survived. I felt the branch move, but until now I couldn't focus on it's location."

Nementah startles at first, but at polite greeting she relaxes.
"Welcome, Xerzuzu. We are Nementah. Your service is welcome, but I wouldn't force you into it. We're going into the fight with a wyrm of great power and that may be the end of all of us. You are free to go if you wish."

"I'm staying. In time, more guardians may answer your summons, my wings were simply fastest."

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Back to current events, consider yourselves updated on Nementahs Sidhe House Guard :)

"Don't rush out blindly! Fool warriors! Primera guard them! Go!"

Nementah follows from safer distance, but Primera gallops from the spirit world right next to Rocco, Skaliss and Halleck.

Last edited:

Remove ads