Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
"Fresh? Locals maybe? Or shipwrecked people, so close to shore. ... Nah. Anyway, I'll go with you to look." Jax shoulders his backpack and readies his armaments, and then he starts toward the campsite.

He considers it unlikely that the unknown humanoids will be hostile, but just to be safe, he examines the ground near the campsite for snares, deadfalls, and any other untriggered traps. (Perception 28)

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot follows Jax to the campsite. "If you're able to track this group, I think we might want to try to follow them. Otherwise, let's go ahead into the swamp and pursue our mission." It looks back towards the ocean uneasily. "I sense some sort of dark shadow power in the sea. It doesn't seem to be a threat now, but it wouldn't hurt to get some distance between us and it."

Luinnar

First Post
Jax quickly scans the campsite remains and notices no traps. He does spot wheel tracks heading into the swamp and the party follows, stepping into the murky knee deep water. The day is dark and dismal, painted gray by the clouds and dark skies. The sun has not shown its face since you arrived, and the air is clammy and cold. What few sounds you can hear are amplified by the surrounding swamp: your own breathing, your beating heart...

After what seems like hours you spot land. Soaking wet from the swamp you struggle to reach it as quickly as possible. As you approach however you can see two huge shapes on the bank. It seems the the smell of RAM TIGER's meal's blood still on his body has alerted two gigantic crocodiles, trying to defend their nest from what they think is a rival croc. There is a loud splash and you quickly turn your head to spot two huge frogs behind you, getting ready to partake in what they think is an easy meal.

[sblock=initiatives please!]
Please roll initiatives! If you get a higher number than the monsters go ahead and post your character's actions. The monsters will go next then the whole party.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain Info]
The water is difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]
Monster Initiative = 22

Giant Croc: HP:???
AC=20 Fort=19 Reflex=14 Will=15

Giant Frog: HP:???
AC=18 Fort=15 Reflex=15 Will=13
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for the map being fuzzy. I'm having trouble with the file size and had to convert it.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• map1.jpg
    map1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Raft]
Since you are following the trail from the campsite, the raft was in a different part of the swamp. The water was shallow enough to go on foot, but too shallow for the raft to be of any use.
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
All this trudging through muddy water isn't really up Kasha's alley, but she consoles herself by whistling tunelessly and kicking up great splashes of water as she goes along. Happily absorbed in these pastimes, she's not quick enough to react at the sight of the reptilian predators ahead.

[sblock=OOC]Initiative 1d20+5=16[/sblock]

Remove ads