Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
The party sets sail on the boat. Kasha seems to be a good sailor as you are making good time (or perhaps she is just good at faking it). RAM TIGER however seems to busy finding out a way eat Jax, rather than his promised role as sailor. Before no time has passed, thanks to the map and compass, Kasha sails the ship into the ocean current marked on the map. It should be easy sailing from here on out.

The sky is clear.Some seagulls fly overhead, fish jump out of the water near the boat, and Jax is still undigested. What could go wrong? Soon you can see the tiny speck of the island... too late for anything wrong you tell yourself, the sky is great and the waters are calm.

The party notices that as they approch the island the sky grows darker and darker, like a storm might be coming in. The winds starts to pick up even more and the waves grow bigger and bigger. Thanks to the current and Kasha's quick thinking of taking down the sail, the boat is not blown off course however. The wind grows more fierce and the waves higher and higher. All the party can do is cling on to the boat, hanging on for their dear life.

Out of nowhere a thick mist envelopes the boat. You can barely see your hand in front of you. Unable to see all you can do is hang on and pray that you will get to land soon.

The mist grows thicker, the boat is tossed higher and higher and winds howls now as if with range. Just when you think you cannot hang on any longer.

CREEEEK

When you open your eyes you find the mist has cleared and you feel the wind has die down. The boat has ran ashore. Shaken, you climb out of the boat and notice that thankfully it is not damaged. In front of you you see a dark swamp. Sitting on the water is a raft with oars and a pole to steer through the swamp, the same one on the map you recon. You notice a path marked through it leading to the town on the map as well. The sky is still dark, when it rains it probably be a huge storm.

[sblock=ooc]
Please roleplay when you are doing now, what you plan on doing etc. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER emerges from the frothy surf panting hard, eyes red and body dripping wet with seaweed - looking like some kind of monster. Somehow, some sort of large sea bird has gotten tangled around the gnoll's leash, and now dangles lifelessly from his neck like some kind of horrible trophy.

"SOON I HEARD A ROARING WIND:
IT DID COME ANEAR;
AND WITH ITS SOUND IT SHOOK THE SAILS,
THAT WERE SO THIN AND SERE.

THE UPPER AIR BURST INTO LIFE!
AND A HUNDRED FIRE-FLAGS SHEEN,
TO AND FRO THEY WERE HURRIED ABOUT!
AND TO AND FRO, AND IN AND OUT,
THE WAN STARS DANCED BETWEEN.

AND THE COMING WIND DID ROAR MORE LOUD,
AND THE SAILS DID SIGH LIKE SEDGE;
AND THE RAIN POURED DOWN FROM ONE BLACK CLOUD;
THE MOON WAS AT ITS EDGE.

THE THICK BLACK CLOUD WAS CLEFT, AND STILL
THE MOON WAS AT ITS SIDE:
LIKE WATERS SHOT FROM SOME HIGH CRAG,
THE LIGHTNING FELL WITH NEVER A JAG,
A RIVER STEEP AND WIDE.

THE LOUD WIND REACHED THE SHIP,
AND NOW THE SHIP MOVED ON!
BENEATH THE LIGHTNING AND THE MOON
THE ADVENTURERS GAVE A GROAN.

THEY GROANED, THEY YELLED, THEY ALL HELD,
NOR SPAKE, AND CLENCHED THEIR EYES;
IT HAD BEEN STRANGE, EVEN IN A DREAM,
TO TASTE THE KOBOLD'S THIGHS.

KASHA STEERED, THE SHIP MOVED ON;
AND ALWAYS A BREEZE UP BLEW;
THE ADVENTURERS ALL 'GAN WORK THE ROPES,
WHERE THEY WERE WONT TO DO;
THEY RAISED THEIR LIMBS LIKE LIFELESS TOOLS -
THEY WERE A TASTY CREW."

________/

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=RAM TIGER]Just so I'm clear, *all* of RAM TIGER's dialogue is internal, yes? His song is in quotation marks, so it looks like speech to me.

It would seem inconsistent for him to go from being mute to creating poetry, so I'll assume it's more "garfield dialogue" (unless you say otherwise).[/sblock]
Jax, curled up in a ball and shaking with fear, cowers for the duration of the freak storm. Only after the boat has come to a complete stop does he open his eyes.

"Um... we're here!" He stands up and hops onto dry land. "No time to delay, right? Let's drag the boat upshore. So it doesn't wash away." Jax points at the boat, but he makes no effort to actually move it himself.

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha emerges bedraggled and sorry-looking from the wreckage, but upon seeing that they've reached their destination safely after all she quickly recovers her customary bounce. "Everyone in one piece? Course you are! Not about to lose any hands to some little rain shower, not while I'm at the helm."

"Um... we're here! No time to delay, right? Let's drag the boat upshore. So it doesn't wash away."

"Good thinking! You can be my new mate. As for YOU..." she glares at RAM TIGER. "I'm demoting you to swabbie."

[sblock=OOC]Yesss, I was hoping for another RAM TIGER sailing epic. :D[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=Dekana]I think it's whatever you want it to be. If you think about it too much, it ruins the magic.[/sblock][sblock=Antithetist]All we need is to be attacked by some exploding constructs and it'll be exactly like our last adventure.[/sblock]

RAM TIGER looks slightly hurt at Kasha's comment, but then he notices the bird around his neck and after devouring it feathers and all, he feels better. He then sniffs around the shore and swamp area for something else to eat.

[sblock=Perception Check: 27]Perception Roll (1d20+9=27)[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn pulls himself onto shore. Sopping wet, the half-orc looks even smaller than usual.

"That was... exciting. My sincerest thanks for getting us here in one, albeit soggy, piece," he says to the 'sailors'. "The rest of this mission should seem easy by way of comparison."

Dorn closes his eyes and extends his hands toward the island, but his arcane senses are dulled by the voyage. If there is anything out there, he can't sense it.

[sblock=OOC]
Arcana 10. Rats.
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
While Kasha and Jax pull the boat farther inland, RAM TIGER goes off to hunt for food nearby. Meanwhile Dorn stands still, reaching out with his arcane senses.

[sblock=ooc]
Just to be clear, it has not rained yet. You probably got wet from the waves however :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=RAM TIGER]
You smell fish in the ocean, though they seem to be a long way off. You spot a crab nearby, probably washed up from a wave. It is making a desperate attempt to get back into the water. From the swamp you can smell bugs, snakes, birds and a strong smell of frog and crocodiles. You spot a small frog right near the waters's edge, peering at you from just under the water and a small snake slithering in a nearby tree.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dorn]
Even though your arcane senses have been confounded by the tiring trip, you can still feel an arcane force. Where it is coming from, what it is or how power it maybe, you cannot tell.
[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
RAM TIGER rushes up and down the shore like a happy puppy. He gobbles up the crab with a crunch and rushes up towards the swamp, eating everything he can get his jaws on.

nerdytenor

First Post
"I sense... something here, friends," Dorn says in a faraway voice. "Unfortunately, I can't tell what it is or where it is coming from. Bah."

"Perhaps we should explore our current environs. Would someone like to lead an expedition? Perhaps a bit of exercise will loose some of the moisture from my body."

Remove ads