Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
All character careers have been updated for each character in this adventure.

Please check here to make sure there are no errors.
here
Enjoy the adventure!

dimsdale
(Self Appointed L4W Archivist)
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just a heads up. When it was looking like it would take a while for this adventure to find 5 PCs, I invited a RL friend to make a character and jump in. He was a little bit slow to get back to me, but he does want to play, so I'd like to let him in to the adventure.

Nobody has to drop out though. It should not be too hard to adjust the adventure for 6 PC's. I hope this is okay with everybody.

FWIW, I think he's making a warlock. He may join the group here, or he might join you at your destination, depending...

I hope to post an update shortly.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
As the tiny kobold erupts in laughter over his previous comment, a wide smile slowly grows across the goliath’s face. Where I come from, we revere our ancestors, and the spirits of the world around us. I am kind of familiar with the Gods, but not so much that I don’t occasionally miss-say their names.

"I was always taught never to speak the name of the keeper of the dead at all," Kaeysari says solemnly, before brightening slightly. "However, if his priests here are as disorganized as we saw, I suppose his influence here can not be unduly powerful."

She turns to Azryah "I have not been to the Isle of Opposition either, but it does sound intriguing, and I am much interested in seeing the customs of many lands. I wonder what their temples are like there, and whether their priests any more organized? I suppose if what..." she pauses to be sure she's remembered the name, "Jynxx says is true, that we will very likely find out."

[sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Cleave, Reaping Strike, Covering Attack, Longtooth Shifting,
Villain's Menace, Healing Word

Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ryryguy]I don't think a sixth will bother anyone. By the way, Kaeysari seems to have mystically been approved, so that's one you won't have to worry about[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
The door at the top of the stairs opens, and a woman comes sweeping down the stairs. She is tall and statuesque, in her late forties or early fifties, and stunningly attractive. Her brown hair is done up with thin golden chains decorated with leaf motifs, and a jeweled brooch that looks like a sheaf of wheat over a blood-red heart is pinned to the breast of her extremely clingy toga.

[sblock=Religion DC 12 (passive)]The brooch is a symbol of Vena, goddess of fertility and beauty.
[sblock=Religion DC 20 (active)]The woman is the High Priestess of Daunton's temple of Vena. Her name is Millienas D'Rawth. She is noble by birth but has served in the temple most of her life. She's generally popular, but has occasionally stirred controversy by bucking traditions and establishing new practices at the temple.[/sblock][/sblock]
Two others wearing similar but less ornamented brooches, a human man and a tiefling woman, trail along behind her. Both are much younger, and not quite as good-looking.

The tall woman smiles brilliantly at you all as she heads for the front door.

// I'm going to keep moving the narration along here, but if you want to try to interact with her, go ahead - we can come back to it.

"Who's this bunch?" a voice asks from the top of the stairs. You can see a half-elven woman standing in the doorway.

"They're here about that pickup job, boss," the scruffy clerk says.

"Send 'em up then," she says, and walks back into the room at the top of the stairs.

The clerk turns back to your group. "You heard the boss, dintcha? Go on up." He jerks a thumb in the direction of the stairs, and turns back to his desk, where he appears to be stabbing various sheafs of paper with a sharp dagger. It looks like he's already forgotten about you.

// Again, I'm keeping things moving, but if for some reason you don't go up right away, we can come back to this point...

The woman has left the door open. Behind it is a fairly large room dominated by a huge desk carved from a single block of oak. It's covered with papers, logbooks, a few quills and inkpots, and one shiny brass sextant being used as a paperweight. Behind the desk is a big open window featuring a killer view of the Commons across the harbor. Soft splashes, bird calls, and the salty smell of the water waft through it on a cool breeze. You can see the top of the silver mast of the sloop as well.

Two sturdy chairs sit before the desk along with one behind it, against the window. Pieces of carved driftwood hang on the walls alongside parts of ships (wheels, rudders, railings) in a seemingly random, but not unpleasant pattern. A weatherbeaten and pitted keel from a sizable ship dominates the hangings.

The half-elven woman is sitting on the edge of the desk, facing you. She has a lean build, hair barely frosted with grey, and a piercing gaze. She's wearing a plain grey cotton dress, but jade jewelry at her throat and ears provides a splash of color.

She turns her sharp eyes over each of you in turn. "Well, well, aren't you the motley group?" she says. "That's Daunton for you." She seems amused.

"I'm Hedra Silverships. Just call me Hedra. I'll give you the rundown on the job in a minute. But first, tell me a bit about yourselves and your qualifications. Does one of you speak for the group? If so, that'll save us some time. But if not, you can each speak for yourselves." She leans back with her arms crossed, waiting.

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas bows his head shyly as the beautiful woman passes (even though he doesn't know who she is, and isn't much affected by human beauty). When told to go upstairs, he obediently stands up, but waits for someone else to go up first.

Seeing that there are only two chairs in the office, Papolstaanas remains standing. If there is a spokesperson for them all, it certainly isn't him, and he watches the half-elven woman nervously with his wide yellow eyes, shyness constraining him for the moment to silence.

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari watches the priestess and her acolytes leave. Recognizing the priestess, she wonders what she's doing here, and whether it relates to the task at hand. When the temple people pass through the door, she follows the clerk's orders. Seeing only two chairs, she retreats to the back wall, and falls naturally into a parade rest. We've got no chain of command, and I'm sure there's someone else better than me at talking.

[sblock=religion roll]
1d20+5=24

Why can't IC treat me like this on rolls that matter?
[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
"Hmmm...I've never been there either. I do a lot of traveling, but never had cause to go there. I was hoping one of you could tell me more about it, but it seems we will learn together. Nothing wrong with that."

[sblock=religion roll]1d20+10=19
Wasn't sure if I should link that since it's a fail, but I figured I would since I made the roll. If you'd rather I only link on success, let me know and I'll remove this and proceed that way in the future.
[/sblock]

As the procession heads out the door, Azryah notes the people with interest, but says nothing, simply filing the information away for a later time. When told to go up the stairs she does so, and remains standing.

"We have all only just become aquainted recently, so I don't think we have a group spokesperson. I am Azryah. I have some training in the religions of the world, but serve Merkari in the capacity of protecting travel routes, people and objects while they travel, and retrieving them should them become lost. Since your notice indicated that this mission required, at the least, traveling to the Isle of Opposition, I thought I may be able to help."

[sblock=ooc]No problems with a mysterious 6th person. We all seem to be friendly people so I'm sure it we'll all get along. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
"I was always taught never to speak the name of the keeper of the dead at all," Kaeysari says solemnly...

In response to Kaeysari's comment, the goliath's grin vanishes, replaced with a blend of sadness and determination. There are days I would welcome his touch... shaking his head quickly, the sadness gone. But that is not a story for now.

//time jump//

As the beautiful woman, decends, Chaku clearly stares, both in appreciation of her appearance, and in shock that someone would feel comfortable wearing such a revealing outfit. His cheaks darken slightly as she passes and he notices one of her attendents giving him an annoyed stare.

Once the shipmaster calls them up, Chaku slips toward the back of the group, knowing that negotiations will soon follow, and that is clearly not his forte. Upon entering the room, and seeing the tight quarters, the barbarian leans down toward the little kobold and deeply whispers, Can you see, if you wish I will allow you to sit on my shoulder opposite my hammer. The ceiling looks high enough that you won't strike your head.

As Hedra asks for speakers, Chaku looks around at his companions, and answers, We do not have a specific speaker for the gathering, however Master bard here, nodding toward Jynxx, Is probably the most talkative of the group. As for me, you point, I punch. He says the last with a dead pan expression, and adjusts the position of his hammer.

[sblock=OOC]I have no problem with a 6th, and some ranged would be nice.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Once the shipmaster calls them up, Chaku slips toward the back of the group, knowing that negotiations will soon follow, and that is clearly not his forte. Upon entering the room, and seeing the tight quarters, the barbarian leans down toward the little kobold and deeply whispers, Can you see, if you wish I will allow you to sit on my shoulder opposite my hammer. The ceiling looks high enough that you won't strike your head.

Papolstaanas jumps in alarm as Chaku leans down close to him, certain that he is about to be scolded for something. Then he grins happily, charmed by the huge warrior's offer, and climbs carefully up onto his massive shoulders. "I could get used to this," he mutters to himself, gazing delightedly down at everyone. "I am Papolstaanas, from Bacarte," he says from his perch by way of introduction. He hesitates, and decides against trying to make his qualifications anything other than they are. "I have never, um, never done anything like this before. But I can do a, a few things and I am very willing to learn and I really want a job--an, an honest job--not that I mean to suggest that the work that you are offering is not honest, I'm sure it is; just, you know, I don't want to do the sort of thing that, you know, that people of my kind usually, well..." he trails off, realizing that he is making a mess of things again. "I am happy for--for Jynxx to speak for us," he finishes lamely.

[sblock=ooc]I also don't mind a sixth.[/sblock]

Remove ads