• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
With the poison coursing through her veins, Kaeysari takes a few difficult steps towards the dwarf, then, as her body goes through its battle change, lashes out, striking hard.

[sblock=actions]5 poison damage
Move: to J13
Minor: Longtooth Shifting
Standard: Reaping Strike vs. Dwarf H: 1d20+7=24 2d4+4+2=13 Dwarf is marked.
Save vs. Poison: 1d20=3
Save vs. Slow: 1d20=1[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:17, Fort:16, Reflex:12, Will:13
HP:12/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:4/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Cleave, Reaping Strike, Covering Attack, Longtooth Shifting,
Villain's Menace, Healing Word

Conditions:
poison 5 (save ends)
slowed (save ends)
Longtooth Shifting (+2 to damage and regeneration 2 while bloodied)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas scrambles back on to the bridge, hardly feeling the poison, but he slips at the last second and falls to his knees on the edge. He struggles to his feet once more and scrambles further away from the collapsed section of bridge.

"There's... there's pointy fish in there!" he yelps.

[sblock=actions]Font of life saving throw against poison: 1d20=20 success.

EDIT: Free--mark the swarm. May as well.

Nature check: 1d20+6=8. Those things look like fish.

Move: climb back up onto bridge at J11. Athletics check 1d20+6=19. Not quite good enough to stay standing.

Move: get up.

Minor: shifty--shift to J12.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Warden 1
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:12
HP:26/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/13
Action Points: 2
Powers:
Shifty
Tempest Assault
Weight of Earth
Warden’s Fury (immediate interrupt)
Warden’s Grasp (immediate reaction)

Gale Strike
Second Wind
Student of the Sword (feat)

Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

Last edited:

Charm

First Post
Cillani wasn't very happy as she stood up, there was a fire in her eyes that until now had laid down in embers. "You're about to realize that a scorned woman is nothing compared to me pissed off. Angel, aid me against this common foe and attack!" She raises her hands to the heavens as she speaks and a burst of fire in the shape of an angel explodes next the dwarf. The Angel glares at the dwarf and reaches out his hand clasping the dwarf on the shoulder and a burst of fire swept over them.

[sblock=actions]
Move action to stand. Minor action to summon/ use my daily abilty Summon Fire Angel. Angel is in I0 and used standard Action=Close burst 1; target each creature in burst 1d20+4=13 vs Reflex; 1d8+4=7 fire damage. Hope this is right. Also is it a minor action to sustain the Angel? [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats ]Cillani Shadowtongue- Female Wind/Fire Genasi Invoker 1
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16, Fort:12, Ref:14, Will:16 -- Speed: 6
HP:15/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges Per-Day 6/7
Initiative +0 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Vanguard's Lightning
Hand of Radiance

Windwalker
Firepulse
Rebuke Undead
Armor of Wrath
Spear of the Inquisitor

Summon Angel of Fire[/sblock]

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=Charm]You should probably write in which square you summoned the angel in. I suggest either I0 or J0 to avoid catching Az and CIllani in the close burst attack.

Also, you may want to correct the power in your online character sheet. You have it the power itself (summoning the angel) listed as a standard action.

On maintaining the angel: Since the power doesn't specify special rules, the general rules for the summoning keyword state that the angel stays until either it is destroyed (takes damage equal to your bloodied value), the encounter ends, or you spend a minor action to dismiss it. However it doesn't have it's own actions. You spend a minor to tell it to move, and otherwise it spends your standard action or opportunity action if you choose to have it use it's abilities.

Hope that helps.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Charm]Yes, please pick a square for the angel to appear in (see LadyLaw's suggestions).

Also, in case you missed it, Cillani had an opportunity to use her Firepulse attack against the dwarf when he hit her. It's your decision whether to do it or not... if you use it, you will be at -2 to hit for being prone, but on the other hand, the dwarf has a very low Reflex defense. It might also be your only chance to use Firepulse, if you don't get hit in melee again this fight (which is probably what you'd prefer ;)).[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]That's everyone! I should be able to update tonight, or if not tonight, then early tomorrow.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Out later than expected tonight, and I unexpectedly have to work tomorrow. :( I'm still hoping to be able to update tomorrow but it's looking a little iffy... Sorry![/sblock]

Charm

First Post
[sblock=Replies]
Thanks for catching that I antagonized for quite a while on where to place him only to forget to write it out lol Thanks LadyLaw for the information about summoning and yea it's written wrong on my sheet. Bad Only! :p

Ryryguy: Yea I chose not to use the firepulse this time.

Thanks guys for helping :D [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=sorry...]Insanely busy weekend...

My volleyball team Virtuous Strike had a triumphant upset victory tonight :D followed two games later by a crushing defeat against the team that has not won a game in three seasons :( :(

But anyhow, I will definitely update by Monday evening. Sorry for the delay.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Bridge - round 3

Chaku turns to see the dwarf who bowled over Cillani, and decides to give his new maul's powers a test. Unleashing a warcry, he charges in with a mighty swing, which the dwarf contemptuously sidesteps. Full of frustration over his constant ineptness in combat, the goliath unleashes his most powerful attack... which the dwarf nearly sidesteps as well, only catching a blow in the shin.

The raging barbarian takes a step back, ready to receive retaliation, and hoping the dwarf is just a bad as he is.

[sblock=ooc]After the charge, you can take a free action to spend your AP, but that only grants you one additional action. So you can't use the move/minor at that point.[/sblock]
Azryah feels the power of Merkari fill her as the bridge collapses. Her heart is filled with rage and she can feel it pulsing through her veins and allowing her to move to heights she hasn't before. She's not sure what it will mean in the long run, but she's very tuned into it.

Seeing Cillani down, and Chaku ineffective, she moves to take care of the problem.

"You are going to sorely regret this day, if you live to see another," she says as she approaches the dwarf who attacked Cillani, her voice even: sounding deadly, but not shouting, simply stating a matter of fact. "Feel the wrath of Merkari!"

She swings her sword at the dwarf's head and nearly misses him, but she can feel her god's guidance move the blade enough for it to strike true. Seeing that she has wounded the dwarf, she jerks the blade sideways before removing it, causing a bit of ice to form around the wound as the cold seeps into his blood. A dangerous looking smile crosses her face, and she begins to softly glow. The dwarf is bloodied.

"That is my sister good sir. I'd thank you to apologize." Jynxx says to the dwarf rather politely. He notches an arrow and unleashes an exclamation to his statement. The arrow penetrates the dwarf's armor - just barely, but enough for the bard's magic to warp his mind.

With the poison coursing through her veins, Kaeysari takes a few difficult steps towards the dwarf, then, as her body goes through its battle change, lashes out, striking hard. The dwarf is bloodied.

[sblock=ooc]Missed both saves? Kaeysari seems to be one of those characters cursed by Invisible Castle. :( At least she got a good hit on the dwarf![/sblock]
A few fish nip at the kobold.

[sblock=ooc]Papolstaanas does suffer an attack from starting in the aura of the pirhana swarm: Misses AC 12.

The swarm also gets an opportunity attack for him moving out of its space: Hits AC 26 for 3 damage. Barely a tickle! :)[/sblock]
Then Papolstaanas scrambles back on to the bridge, hardly feeling the poison, but he slips at the last second and falls to his knees on the edge. He struggles to his feet once more and scrambles further away from the collapsed section of bridge.

"There's... there's pointy fish in there!" he yelps.

Cillani wasn't very happy as she stood up, there was a fire in her eyes that until now had laid down in embers. "You're about to realize that a scorned woman is nothing compared to me pissed off.Angel, aid me against this common foe and attack!" She raises her hands to the heavens as she speaks and a burst of fire in the shape of an angel explodes next the dwarf. The Angel glares at the dwarf and reaches out his hand clasping the dwarf on the shoulder and a burst of fire swept over them.

The dwarf screams in agony and collapses to the ground, a smoking corpse.

[sblock=Charm]Good job with the Angel! ;)

Don't forget, the angel has fly 6 (hover), so it can easily get over the broken bridge, and, should you decide you need to attack the pirhanas, it could hover above the surface of the water and attack without them being able to attack back (they can't leave the water)! (The pirhanas are the least of your worries right now though.)[/sblock]
The pale man hisses, and locks eyes with Kaeysari. The shifter recoils as she suddenly finds herself surrounded by attacking snakes! She bats at the serpents but to no avail, as they are an illusion that only she can see. Her mind reels under the assault.

ooc: Kaeysari is in big trouble, with two ongoing damage effects on her! She is going to go down on her turn unless someone can somehow grant her a save!

The man leaves the pile of rocks and moves to the bridge with a rolling, sinuous stride.

The dwarf screams once more and takes a step forward, swinging his club at the staggering shifter, but the blow is wild, and Kaeysari manages to turn it aside.

The remaining zocaltipapatlaca on the far side of the bridge again flicks a spray of his own blood towards Papolstaanas, again getting it in the warden's face. The renewed dose of venom causes blood to run from the kobold's nose and mouth. Papolstanaas is bloodied. The man cackles manaically and quickly chants. Apparently given strength by his success, his magic is strong and both Papolstaanas and Kaeysari jerk backwards as the poison in their blood pulls them around like puppets. Papolstaanas manages to catch himself on the edge of the bridge before being dropped into the water, and the shifter ends up next to him.

The other zocaltipapatlaca blood warrior looks a little frightened as he realizes he is alone on the other shore. But he screeches a word of power, then drinks deeply from the bowl of zocalti mixed with blood. He tilts his head back and sprays the fluid back out. It forms a cloud of dark red liquid, impossibly large at thirty feet in diameter, which rains down on the entire group of adventurers on the near side of the bridge. It burns exposed flesh and continues to cling. The man yelps as the power of Merkari burns him a bit, then giggles obscenely and retreats back deeper in the jungle.

The pale man surveys the scene, then laughs softly. "You th' ones killed Planhoein?" he says in accented Common. "Hard to believe."

The thuggish men in the water whoop war cries. Two of them climb up on the near side of the bridge, one of them just barely making it and still lying on his stomach. The other two splash their way towards the shore, moving underneath the remaining bridge section.

[sblock=ooc]Well, very good rolling by me this round... It was odd, I think there were three times that I hit the target defense exactly, and the same was true for the players on their turn...[/sblock]
[sblock=Nature DC 20]The stinky oil the club men are covered with is essence of a jungle plant called "cawa". It acts as a fish repellent, keeping the piranhas from attacking them. (In the water, it will wash away eventually, but not for a good fifteen minutes or so.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
12 Kaeysari - K11 - 5/28 (4/10) AP: 1 - ongoing 5 poison (save ends), slowed (save ends), ongoing 5 psychic/slowed (save ends), bloodied, longtooth shifting
10 --- ENEMIES ---
Dwarf H - J14 - 19/43 HP remaining; bloodied, SB used, marked by Kaey
Dwarf O - I1 - DEAD
Dagger R - M19 - 0 damage - concealment
Dagger V - O-5 - 8 damage - concealment; PB used
Pale Man - I15 - 0 damage - SC used
Club B - I5 - (minion) - prone
Club T - K4 - (minion)
Club E - I4 (under bridge) - (minion)
Club K - K4 (under bridge) - (minion)
Piranha Swarm - J10 - - 0 damage - aura 1
---------------
10 Azryah - K4 - 21/28 (5/9) AP: 1 - Avenging Echo TENT (8 radiant), vuln 5 poison (save ends)
7 Chaku - I5 - 26/33 (7/12) AP: 0 - vuln 5 poison (save ends)
3 Papolstaanas - J10 - 14/35 (8/13) AP: 2 - ongoing 5 poison (save ends), slowed (save ends), prone, bloodied
2 Jynxx - I-2 - 15/24 (5/8) AP: 2 - vuln 5 poison (save ends)
2 Cillani - K2 - 8/23 (6/7) AP: 1 - firesoul (+1 Reflex / resist 5 fire), vuln 5 poison (save ends)
Angel - I0 - 5/12 - bloodied, vuln 5 poison (save ends)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mechanics]
Pale Man
  • Serpent Curse vs. Kaeysari Hits Will 13 (just barely!) for 7 psychic damage, plus ongoing 5 psychic and slowed (save ends both).
  • Move to I15
Dwarf H
Dagger Man R
  • Poison Blood vs. Papol Hits Fortitude 19 for 9 poison damage + 5 ongoing.
  • Corrupt Poison vs. Papolstaanas Hits Fortitude 18. Tries to slide Papolstaanas into the water at J10 but Papolstaanas saves and may go prone instead of into the water if he chooses. (I'm guessing he does so choose.) Papolstaanas is slowed (save ends).
  • Corrupt poison vs. KaeysariHits Fortitude 18. Slides Kaeysari to K11. (She is already slowed by this effect.)
(I'm kind of shocked that they keep hitting the defenders with Fort attacks. I guess they have around 50-60% chance to hit, but still!)

Dagger V
  • Poison Barrage, area burst 3 at I0: Hits everyone's Fort (!!! The two low rolls just hit Jynxx and Azryah's Fortitude defense exactly on the nose. Wow.) Does 7 poison damage (that's max damage too, double wow.) In addition to the 7 poison damage, everyone gets vulnerable 5 poison (save ends).
  • Takes 8 radiant from Avenging Echo.
  • Move to O-5

(I screwed up the first roll for club men athletics, just ignoring that one.)
Club Man B
  • Athletics to climb onto bridge: Fail
  • Athletics to climb onto bridge: Success but prone.

Club Man T
  • Athletics to climb onto bridge: Success but prone.
  • Stand up.

Piranha Swarm
  • Circle underneath the bridge hungrily...
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]Lots of terrain features on this map! We'll see how many actually end up coming into play. ;)
Bright Light Cillani is holding a sunrod which effectively illuminates the whole map (20 square radius). (Note, however, the dwarves have a power Chameleon Defense which still gives them concealment if you are more than 3 squares away.)

Road/Shore/Grass (brownish and green squares) - normal terrain.

Jungle - difficult terrain, and provides concealment. (Consider any square with more than a tiny fragment of a jungle leaf graphic to be jungle... I think it should be pretty clear but ask if need be)

River - "Shallow" river lacks the blue highlight and is difficult terrain. "Deep" river (blue highlight) requires an Athletics check to swim or tread water (DC 10 to move half your speed or stay afloat; fail by 4 or less and you don't move but tread water; fail by 5 or more and you sink 1 square.)

River Rocks - There are three large, relatively flat rocks in the river. It takes one extra square of movement to go from a river square to one of the rocks, but otherwise they are normal terrain.

Rock Pile - There is a large pile of rocks on the far shore. These provide cover and are difficult terrain.

Bridge - The bridge is 3 squares wide - you can walk normally on the "rope" squares. It has rope railings which makes it difficult to force someone over the side using forced movement - the target gets a +4 bonus to its saving throw to fall prone rather than go over the edge. (This doesn't apply if forced off one of the ends where it was collapsed.) The surface of the bridge blocks line of sight and provides superior cover for characters on opposite sides (i.e., between one character on the bridge and one character in the river under it). (Rope and post graphics on the shore have no effect, they are just for show.)

Collapsed Bridge - The section of the bridge outlined with a blue square (I6 to K10) has been collapsed and fallen into the river. This area is difficult terrain - even the "deep" part of the river here, as the remains of the bridge provides a surface to walk on under the water.

Bridge to River, River to Bridge - The bridge is one square higher than the river; so there is no damage from falling or jumping in. To move from the river to the bridge requires a move action. You must be adjacent to the bridge and have moved no more than 2 squares in that action, and make a DC 10 Acrobatics or Athletics check. Success places you prone in the adjacent bridge square; if you beat DC 20 then you are standing in the adjacent bridge square. Either way ends that move action.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Zocaltipapatlaca Dwarf
HP 47, bloodied 23
AC 21, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 15; concealment against enemies more than 3 squares away
Basic Attack: War Club +9 vs AC; 1d10 + 2 damage

Zocaltipapatlaca Dagger Man
HP ??, bloodied ??
AC ??, Fort ??, Ref ??, Will ??
Basic Attack: Dagger +6 vs AC; 1d6 + 3 damage

Zocaltipapatlaca Club Man
HP 1 - missed attack never damages a minion
AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11; +2 to all defenses while within 5 squares of at least two other club men
Basic Attack: Club +6 vs AC; 4 damage

Pale Man
HP ??, bloodied ??
AC ??, Fort ??, Ref ??, Will ??
Basic Attack: Dagger +10 vs AC; 1d4 damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends)

Piranha Swarm
HP ??, bloodied ??
Swarm Attack aura 1; the piranha swarm makes a basic attack as a free action against each enemy that begins its turn in the aura.
AC ??, Fort ??, Ref ??, Will ??; Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks; Vulnerable 5 damage from close and area attacks
Basic Attack: Swarm of Teeth +8 vs AC; 1d6 + 2 damage, or 2d6 + 2 damage against a prone target
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]Remember two of the club guys are UNDER the bridge!

And oops, I zoomed in too much to see the other dagger guy on the far side... he did not move in any case.
bridge_3.png
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
His eyes red, the massive goliath turns toward his closest enemy, a club weilding fellow who had just climbed onto the bridge. Grinning with malice, Chaku steps forward, maul twirling in his hands like a twig before being brought down hard on the man's chest. The sickening thud of ribs shattering is drowned out by the thunderous shockwave that booms outward, slamming into the other club weilder, and sending him careening from the bridge, blood freely flowing from the ruptured eardrums.

The blood of his foes dripping from his maul invigorates the barbarian, and he smiles as he shrugs off the toxic effect of the poison burst.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move to I4, since the bridge blocks LOS, no OA.
Standard: Howl of Fury: 1d20+7=17 damage isn't needed, hit and resulting blast (I5-K7) Kills Club B and T. Rageblood vigor grants 4 Temp HP.

Don't know if the piranha swarm is in the blast area, but they'd take 4 is they are.

Save vs poison: 1d20=14 success[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads