• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Idea - Need help please!!!

Grishnak

First Post
Hi,
I'm thinking of running a few adventures for the group I play with. My idea has them in Ravenloft, they were sent on a mission to find a peasant girl whose husband had been murdered and they think she's been kidnapped. Unbeknown to them they are all dead! (They were killed by the kidnappers) I was thinking of having them as low powered Wraiths (Say 1 class level & 1 or 2 levels of Wraith) My only problem is they will be facing their murderers and I want 1 of the murderers to be a cleric and try to turn the party. The 1st time the cleric holds up his symbol to them and invokes the power I know the wizard player will say spellcraft - will that work on a turn attempt or should I just fudge it and say you dont know what it is. Other ideas I have for the encounter are that once a player has killed a murderer he rolls a saving throw to see if he stays for another round of combat or gets taken to whatever ghastly god wants them in Ravenloft or should they all stay until the last murderer falls before departing to their fate.

Cheers in advance

Wycen

Explorer
Grishnak said:
spellcraft - will that work on a turn attempt or should I just fudge it and say you dont know what it is.

That should be a Knowledge: Religion check. However, and it is possible I'm missing something, maybe this is particular to Ravenloft, but how are your clerics going to turn characters? That can't be done except by a nasty monster in Monte Cook's Banewarrens. Or maybe cleric vs. cleric.

Other ideas I have for the encounter are that once a player has killed a murderer he rolls a saving throw to see if he stays for another round of combat or gets taken to whatever ghastly god wants them in Ravenloft or should they all stay until the last murderer falls before departing to their fate.

Cheers in advance

Give the murderers the Die Hard feat for free.

Grishnak

First Post
Wycen said:
That should be a Knowledge: Religion check. However, and it is possible I'm missing something, maybe this is particular to Ravenloft, but how are your clerics going to turn characters? That can't be done except by a nasty monster in Monte Cook's Banewarrens. Or maybe cleric vs. cleric.

They will be able to turn the characters because the Pc's will be playing undead but wont know that until the last adventure. Thanks for the reply

Thanee

First Post
Why not let him make the spellcraft check. Tell him (if successful against DC 15), that he isn't casting a spell, but rather channeling pure energy, and it hurts to look at it.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads