• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Boo. I guess I wasn't paying attention, because my post is missing. I guess I got the timeout error, but missed it.[/sblock]

The ronin spreads his arms wide to back the others away, and the readies himself to strike against whatever comes out of the box. "I'm ready. Use the scroll to open the chest."

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Fine, when everyone is ready, Mervin can perform the ritual." Riardon says to the others.

[sblock=OOC]

Not approved for 5th level

-----

Riardon is ready with weapon and shield in hand after a short rest.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 48 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Mervin looks quizzically at being volunteered, but doesn't say anything. "Care to assist?" he asks Riardon.

[sblock=scroll use]Ok so my understanding is that using the knock scroll will cost 5 minutes, 35 gp's of reagents, and 1 healing surge. It's an arcana check with a +5 bonus against the lock on the chest; others can help. (I'm assuming others just need to beat a static DC arcana check to add 2... oh, and that check just got changed from 10 to something like 10 + 1/2 level or something, I can't remember all the crazy changes, but I guess in this case it'd be like 12 then? Who knows.) Who wants to help? It's my understanding that anyone can roll (you don't need training); the only limitation is the total number of helpers, which has to be reasonable for the situation; there's only 4 of us so it seems like 3 helpers isn't completely unreasonable (HMG, your call).

Mervin doesn't mind paying the healing surge cost, but here's a little snag: if you want to be super-technical, he only has 30gp of reagents on him. Anyone else have 5? HMG, do you care, or can we just use gold? Also, would everyone mind chipping in for the cost of reagents? I kind of hate how the ritual system works in 4.0... Anyway, that's a side rant...[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=knock Ritual]Fortunately for you, the three vials of yellow, white, & black powders lying next to the scroll when you found it are sufficient as reagents to perform the knock ritual. Given Riardon's Arcana check, he should know this. Just remember that it's a scroll. That means a single time use.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Do you really need me? Your skill and those powders should be enough. But shall we really use it now? It is a one time thing that could be handy later, too." Riardon says, still holding his weapon prepared.

[sblock=OOC]

Not approved for 5th level

-----

Riardon is ready with weapon and shield in hand after a short rest.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 48 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=scroll]I'm cool with just using it. This situation seems like it calls for something a bit more delicate than force, so I'm fine with burning a resource - I mean, we can always buy another scroll (or a ritual for that matter).

If you guys would rather be ready with your weapons out instead of helping that's cool, too - I don't mind either way. Just say if you are helping or not and then I'll make the roll.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Fenwick will stand with weapon ready, unless you feel he could help by impressing the chest with his warm and engaging personality.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Likewise, Jin is at the ready.

Ben, I don't think Fenwick's unique brand of encouragement could hurt. :p[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Out of Town after July 1st]All, I'll be needing to go out of town from July 2nd to July 10th. The next update be the last I can post before I go. I apologize for the short notice, but you can count on me to be back on the 10th.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=scroll]I'll go ahead and roll it!

Woohoo, a 1. :( That becomes a 19. Is that enough to even do anything?[/sblock]
Mervin attempts to perform the knock ritual using the scroll, but he may have been doing the can-can.

[sblock=out of town]So the game will be on hiatus for 8 days after tomorrow, then?[/sblock]

Remove ads