• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc stuff]
IS there a way to shift and maintain cover from the archer? Would O13 offer cover due to O14?

O13 might arguably offer concealment right now, but the bandit could just move NW and get around it. What you really want is to go to Q13, where Aurak is, but that requires waiting until Aurak moves. And, of course, coordinating things so that Aurak isn't in the area of your blast. But, really, what's wrong with just staying where you are now? You've got concealment from the bandit. Myri's not going to attack you; she's stunned. Ibram and Aurak can easily move so as to flank Myri and attack; or, if you prefer, they can move to stay in the cover of trees and still attack Myri (though without flanking). Cyr isn't in the way where he is, and he isn't in danger. I don't really understand why you're looking so hard for ways to move him.

OOC: <rant mode>I realize dropping Rocco was easist for her, but doesn't really seem optimum as she's threatened by two equally weak and cursed attackers (and closer)...of course they both have will in line with their AC :( </rant mode>

I hate having to wait for two weeks to be able to do something :)

Yeah, sorry about that. I really was going to attack Cyr, until I realized that your mark + the concealment would put the shot at -4 to hit, and I wasn't really willing to take that penalty.

[/sblock]

THushman

First Post
OOC: Since Myri's stunned and has so many people ready to bust her chops I'll moves to N15 and try and take out the pea-shooter of a bandit. I've got a bonus from Prime Shot and concealment from Shadow Walk.

Eldritch Blast (1d20+4=13, 1d10+3=10)

That's a 13 vs Reflex...I doubt it.

By the way Covaithe, I used my Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes to hit Elalaran a few turns ago.

thaco

First Post
Kryath continues moving north and he hurls a ball of ice at Myri, the frost causing a bad case of frostbite, but not killing her.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: to Q8
Standard: Dragonfrost on Myri - 1d20 4=18, 1d8 8=14
That should hit for 14, no push. non lethal
Minor: na
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc stuff]
I don't really understand why you're looking so hard for ways to move him.
Didn't want to be in the way. I didn't know if Ibram could 'cut' accross the hole and therefore if he could attack Myri in melee...no other reason. I'm fine with Cyr being where he is now.

[]QUOTE
Yeah, sorry about that. I really was going to attack Cyr, until I realized that your mark + the concealment would put the shot at -4 to hit, and I wasn't really willing to take that penalty.
[/QUOTE]
Neurotic: Nah nah nah Naaah nah! :p

covaithe

Explorer
Round 8, partial

Cyr channels the power of the Sky Lord through himself, accepting the pain and disorientation of trying to contain so much power. It dizzies him, as he knew it would, but its effect on the dark warlock is much worse. She stands motionless, stunned into inactivity by the force of the blast.

Kryath takes advantage of her disability to land another well-placed blow, dropping her unconscious in a boneless heap.

Silphyus takes a shot at the only remaining bandit, who dodges it. The bandit looks terrified, standing alone against so many foes, battered as they may be.

[sblock=ooc]Cyr hits with Silent Malediction. Myri takes 11 nonlethal, is stunned (se), and Cyr is dazed TENT.

Silphyus misses the bandit.

Kryath hits for 14 nonlethal. Myri drops, unconscious.

Ibram and Aurak are left to act this round, and Rocco will need to make a death save, unless someone can heal or stabilize him first.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]

• Myri unconscious
  • Issa dead
  • Elalaran dead
  • Bandit 1 dead
  • Bandit 2 dead
  • Bandit 3 unharmed
  • Ibram 7/30 HP, 9/11 surges, 1 failed death save, cursed by Issa
  • Rocco 0/31 HP, 9/12 surges, cursed by Myri, 1 failed death save, prone, dying
  • Silphyus 18/28 HP +5 temp, 8/9 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Cyr 7/22 HP 6/7 surges, cursed by Myri, dazed TENT
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Aurak 1/27 HP, 9/11 surges, prone, cursed by Myri

Resources Used:
  • Cyr: AP, Silent Malediction, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Blades of Astral Fire, Channel Divinity, Second Wind
  • Ibram: AP, Echoing Roar, Majestic Word x2, Thunder's calling, second wind, Dire Radiance
  • Rocco: AP, second wind
  • Myri: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Issa: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Kryath: Ice Javelins, breath weapon, Ray of the Moon
  • Aurak: Lay on Hands x2, Divine Strength, Valorous Smite, second wind
  • Silphyus: AP, second wind, vampiric embrace, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]Human bandits: AC <= 24, 11 < Reflex <= 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=map and terrain notes]
forest10.png

Squares that are more than half covered in vegetation are difficult and lightly obscured terrain. Entering such a square costs 2 squares of movement. Creatures in obscured terrain have concealment, and if there are five or more squares of obscured terrain between you and a target, that target has total concealment from you.
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Okay, so Aurak and I are going to move into flanking. I'll move to R-16 and Aurak you just shift to your right one which puts you in P-14, Otherwise known as Cyr's spot. Cool?[/sblock]
[D]...[/D]
Ibram tries to guide Aurak towards Myri, calling for him to shine his divine light and smote her to ruin. He then circles around the back and comes low and quick underneath the tree, carefully avoiding the pit, to attack her blind spot.
[D]...[/D]
[sblock=Actions] Move(if legal)- From R-13 to S-13 to T-14 to T-15 to S-16 to R-16. Standard- Attack with guiding strike, lowering Myri's AC -2 if hits.
1d20+8 → [20,8] = (28) cooool. Roll Lookup damage is 17 1d12 + 5...non-lethal I guess if that's what we're trying to do..I don't understand what that's about. Minor-A short bow..hehe.[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Scratch last post, haha..I think I put that up as soon as you posted round 8 partial.[/sblock]
[D]...[/D]
Ibram watches as Myri finally crumples to a heap under the branches. He sighs heavily then sheathes his fullblade. He draws his hand crossbow and loads a bolt.
[D]...[/D]

[sblock=Actions] Change move to minor, sheathe weapon. Standard to minor, draw weapon(hand crossbow). Minor action- Load hand crossbow.[/sblock]

Remove ads