(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn charges forward with Charlarn intending to give the goblins a good thwumping. He will head for the one closest to the wagon.

[ooc; round 2: double move, then a charge in round 3. Quarterstaff +5 (w/ +2 charge) (1d6+3)]

Gurdjieff

First Post
[OoC: Did my attempt to shoot the goblin miss that much that you didn't mention it? ;] Or doesnt Irene have a second round action afterall? ]

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3 (con't)

The northern goblin gets off one more arrow at Flavius, but it deflects off his scale mail. Spurring his horse forward, Flavius then skewers the little beast on his longspear.

The last goblin fires off one last futile arrow at Charlan, before going down before his morningstar and Telebryn's staff.

Glancing about, the only enemy action is the snores of the sleeping hobgoblins.

"Yahoo!" shouts Flavius. "We did it!"

orsal

LEW Judge
There are still a few more stanzas of Nurlan's inspiring song, but the bard interrupts his performance to solicit advice from his companions.

"Is there any point questioning these ghaps when they wake up?" he asks, pointing to the sleeping hobgoblins and using a crude insult from the Giant language. "Or should we just finish them off in their sleep?" There's a hostile tone in his voice, especially strong when he looks at the one on his left. (OOC: I believe that's the one who sliced his shoulder, right?)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: human cleric 1

orsal said:
"Is there any point questioning these ghaps when they wake up?" he asks, pointing to the sleeping hobgoblins and using a crude insult from the Giant language. "Or should we just finish them off in their sleep?" There's a hostile tone in his voice, especially strong when he looks at the one on his left.
Charlarn walks back to the bard. "Nurlan, you're hurt. Let me heal your wound." (If Nurlan wants, I'll convert my comprehend languages to a cure light wounds (1d8+1 damaged healed).) He adds, "I think we should tie them up, and take them with us to the city. After all, the bounty doesn't say the ears gotta be cut off the goblins. We can take the ears off the dead ones, though."

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
Charlarn walks back to the bard. "Nurlan, you're hurt. Let me heal your wound." (If Nurlan wants, I'll convert my comprehend languages to a cure light wounds (1d8+1 damaged healed).)

"Please do, if you can. I'll be OK, but I'd rather not lose any more blood", Nurlan answers.

Steve Jung said:
He adds, "I think we should tie them up, and take them with us to the city. After all, the bounty doesn't say the ears gotta be cut off the goblins. We can take the ears off the dead ones, though."

"Good idea", says Nurlan, as he reaches into his pack for a roll or silk rope. "We can use this. Then once we have them secured and disarmed, let's see if any of these bodies lying around have some life in them. The ears can wait."

Erekose13

Explorer
"That was a rather interesting experience to say the least. I think that this marks the first time I have ever been involved in such a brawl. Guess the celebrating waits eh? I agree that we should tie up some of those who are sleeping. Perhaps we can find out where more of these lawless brigands are hiding out, might make our job a little easier." Tenebrynn says, obviously not affected by the loss of life in the least.

Manzanita

First Post
Aftermath

All the goblinoids are dead, except the two sleeping ones, which the party carefully trusses up w/o waking. Flavius brings the one he killed over to, and the dead ones are stacked next to the wagon.

The wagon is nicely made, pulled by a healthy horse (still attached). In back is covered by a canvas, which as been partly pulled aside, revealing some crates within. On the sides of the wagon are a crest, depicting a closed flask, a bolt of cloth, and a goblet. From inside the wagon, you hear a scuffling noise.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
All the goblinoids are dead, except the two sleeping ones, which the party carefully trusses up w/o waking. Flavius brings the one he killed over to, and the dead ones are stacked next to the wagon.

(OOC: What about the other bodies lying around? You said when we arrived at the scene that "A handfull of bodies litter the ground" and that a hobgoblin was in the process of smashing a dwarf's head. How's the dwarf faring?)

Manzanita said:
The wagon is nicely made, pulled by a healthy horse (still attached). In back is covered by a canvas, which as been partly pulled aside, revealing some crates within. On the sides of the wagon are a crest, depicting a closed flask, a bolt of cloth, and a goblet. From inside the wagon, you hear a scuffling noise.

"Sounds like someone's inside!" Nurlan cries. "The goblins must have had a prisoner!" He will take a look.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Shouldn't we be cutting their ears off? For bounty?" Irene points at the goblins, and runs over to the cart when Nurlan says someone's in there.

"Come out, whoever you might be. The goblins are gone now. We're here to help."

Remove ads