(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Manzanita

First Post
Yes. There's a dead dwarf, and two dead humans. The dwarf wears scale mail, and carries a heavy metal sheild, a light crossbow, 20 bolts, and a dwarven waraxe. He also has a large leather pouch on his belt. The humans were studded leather, and carry short swords, light crossbows, and 18 bolts each. All are totally dead.

From under the canvas, a young woman emerges. She wears a plain brown dress, and has long auburn hair pulled neatly back in a pony tail. She clutches a backpack tightly with trembling, freckled hands. "You ain't gonna hurt me none, is you?" She asks, tears dripping from her eyes. "I aint' got much; everything I's own is in this backpack."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Venus said:
"Shouldn't we be cutting their ears off? For bounty?" Irene points at the goblins

"Yes I guess these will be our new currency while on this mission. I'll take care of it." Tenebrynn says in reply to Irene. He watches as the others run to the wagon, seeing that they dont appear to be in any danger he sets to the task at hand.

He draws out his new dagger that he bought just for this occassion and begins cutting each ear off carefully. I wonder if we need both ears? he thinks to himself, Better grab them all just in case. Anyone watching will see that he goes about the removal of ears with a very academic detatchment, removing each on carefully.

Once finished he will look around for some kind of sack to put them in, chidding himself for not thinking to buy one of those as well. Thinking maybe these goblins or hobgoblins have something to put them in, he searches each one thuroughly.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
From under the canvas, a young woman emerges. She wears a plain brown dress, and has long auburn hair pulled neatly back in a pony tail. She clutches a backpack tightly with trembling, freckled hands. "You ain't gonna hurt me none, is you?" She asks, tears dripping from her eyes. "I aint' got much; everything I's own is in this backpack."

"No", says the bard in his gentlest voice. "We're not here to hurt anyone. Except goblins, I guess. You're safe now; the goblins are dead, and the hobgoblins are all tied up and asleep. We'll attend to them in a minute. But please, if you can, tell us what happened."

If she seems too flustered or shaken to say much, Nurlan will suggest she sit down and rest a bit. Then he'll sing her a gnomish tune, expecting she won't understand the lyrics but that the melody might help her relax.

He keeps shooting a glance over toward the hobgoblins, just in case they start stirring.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose carefully removes the ears of the dead enemies. He notes that the bleeding is fairly minimal, perhaps because the hearts are no longer beating, and that there are no large arteries in that area. It might make an interesting footnote in his forthcoming book. He manages to find a small canvas bag on one of the bodies and deposits in it 2 hobgoblin ears and 6 goblin ears. He also finds 9 gold pieces, 16 silver pieces, and 10 copper pieces on the bodies of the fallen goblinoids.

The young woman seems comforted by the Bard's soothing voice, and solid appearence. She extends a hand and allows Nurlan to help her exit the wagon. She wipes her eyes on her dirty sleeves, replacing wet cheeks with dirt-smeared ones. The light breeze sends a few strands of her fair hair straying, and pushes her bag-like dress against her body. Though her age could be as young as 16, or as old as 22, her body is clearly that of a woman.

"It was so safe here, afores, when Jara was King. Now a girl ain't even able to walk ta town without..." she waves her hand vaguely at the carnage around the wagon. "I saw these ones a-comin' over the fields. I ran to the wagon, but.." her tears begin again, making narrow stripes on the grime of her cheeks. She shakes her head.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Manzanita said:
Yes. There's a dead dwarf, and two dead humans. The dwarf wears scale mail, and carries a heavy metal sheild, a light crossbow, 20 bolts, and a dwarven waraxe. He also has a large leather pouch on his belt. The humans were studded leather, and carry short swords, light crossbows, and 18 bolts each. All are totally dead.
Charlarn heals Nurlan's shoulder (4+1=5 points healed). Then he looks in horror at the bodies. He exclaims, "We're too late. May the Searcher guide them to their final destination. What should we do with them? Since we're only an hour away, I think we should take them to town with us. Their families would want them home." The cleric then looks in the dwarf's pouch for any information.

Manzanita said:
Charlarn looks up from his search of the pouch. He says, "No, we're here to help. Are you hurt?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
"It was so safe here, afores, when Jara was King. Now a girl ain't even able to walk ta town without..." she waves her hand vaguely at the carnage around the wagon. "I saw these ones a-comin' over the fields. I ran to the wagon, but.." her tears begin again, making narrow stripes on the grime of her cheeks. She shakes her head.

"There, there" Irene says with a very comforting tone in her voice while putting her arm around the girl. "You're safe now." She looks up at the girl and smiles. "Let's get you home."

Manzanita

First Post
the pouch

In the pouch, Charlan finds some papers having to do with the wagon. Evidently, the contents of this wagon belong to one Kim Tensil. It contains a detailed list of the contents, which includes glassware, silk cloth, and finely made parts for spinning machines.

At this point, looking around you, you are in the midst of range land. Some cows and goats are visible, but no other sentient beings. You have a wagon loaded with valuables hooked up to a horse, two hobgoblin captives, an attractive young woman, and a mounted human warrior with you.

What next?

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
At this point, looking around you, you are in the midst of range land. Some cows and goats are visible, but no other sentient beings. You have a wagon loaded with valuables hooked up to a horse, two hobgoblin captives, an attractive young woman, and a mounted human warrior with you.

What next?

Nurlan calls Irene, Tenebrynn, Charlarn, Flavius and the young woman together and says, quietly (so the hobgoblins, who have probably woken by now, can't hear):

"We have much to do. I suggest we first question our prisoners. I doubt we will get any relevant information from them, but it's worth a try. Who among us is the most intimidating?

"Next, we should take this young woman -- uh, what was your name again? -- home. She can guide us, I presume. No doubt your family are anxious about your disappearance, and the sooner we can get you back the better.

"After that we can take the ears to the office of the treasury to collect our reward. Perhaps they will know how we to find the relatives of the deceased here, and where we can take the hobgoblins.

"After all that, we may be ready to find a place in town to spend the night. I'm game for some more goblin-hunting tomorrow."

Erekose13

Explorer
At the suggestion of intimidating the hobgoblins Tenebrynn chimes in, "Haha. Not me, I don't think that I could intimidate small children. But I agree they should be questioned, perhaps they can lead us to more of their kind. Sounds like a solid plan Nurlan."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

orsal said:
Nurlan calls Irene, Tenebrynn, Charlarn, Flavius and the young woman together and says, quietly (so the hobgoblins, who have probably woken by now, can't hear):

"We have much to do. I suggest we first question our prisoners. I doubt we will get any relevant information from them, but it's worth a try. Who among us is the most intimidating?
Charlarn whispers back, "Flavius, you seem to be the most threatening. Would you like to give it a try?"
orsal said:
"Next, we should take this young woman -- uh, what was your name again? -- home. She can guide us, I presume. No doubt your family are anxious about your disappearance, and the sooner we can get you back the better.

"After that we can take the ears to the office of the treasury to collect our reward. Perhaps they will know how we to find the relatives of the deceased here, and where we can take the hobgoblins.

"After all that, we may be ready to find a place in town to spend the night. I'm game for some more goblin-hunting tomorrow."
"Sounds good, Nurlan."

Last edited:

Remove ads