• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Shadowlyn steps forward and hurls a slingstone at one of the ratsmoving out of the shadows. It stikes the vermin, but doesn't take it down (3 hp). She comands Shilo toward the nearest rat, and he barks and moves forward. (success) Meanwhile, Jack dances around 'his' rat to the side opposite Loskar (though Loskar doesn't flank yet) and strikes again, this time landing a hit, but the rat is now too alert for him to aim for the eyes or throat. (2 hp, no SA)

Mintrik, farther back, loads and fires his crossbow at the same rat Shadowlyn hit, and it drops, nicely feathered. (5 hp, dead) Loskard steps forward and smashes his giant sword down on the rat between him and Jack, smiting it down. (7 hp, dead) The remaining three rats swarm upon Jack and Loskard, one landing a stinging bite on the halfling. (2 hp) Shilo charges into the fray barking loudly and tries to attack the rat which bit Jack, but fails to connect.

Meanwhile Reilin, just recovering from his nausea, finds the remainer of the gear which the group had been given shoved in his arms and is propeled quickly by one dwarf through the door while the other dwarf and the gnome begin closing it. With a very final seeming thud, the doorway is sealed, leaving only the light from the torches and Jack's lamp.

Pbartender

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
The remaining three rats swarm upon Jack and Loskard, one landing a stinging bite on the halfling. (2 hp) Shilo charges into the fray barking loudly and tries to attack the rat which bit Jack, but fails to connect.

"You poxy little sack of lice!" Jack grumbles at the rat that just bit him, "I just bought this suit." Jack pirhouettes about the rat, in attempt to divide its attention between himself and Shilo...

Jack tumbles around the rat that attacked him to get into a flanking with Shilo, the dog. Regardless of the success of that maneuver, he attacks with his short sword.

Tumbling: +8
MW Short Sword: +7 (1d4, +1d6 if Sneak Attacking)
Jack's AC: 19

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Loading another bullet, Shadowlyn takes the sling, spins it around in a faster whirling motion than before, and let;s the bullet fly at the nearest enemy. "I hate rats!!!"

Shilo will continue to attack the rats, as instructed.

Sling+5 dmg 1d3+1 critx2

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Shadowlyn slings a stone at the rats again, and in spite to having to take care not to hit Shilo (or anyone else, I suppose) scores another strike. (3 hp) Jack is already flanking the rat who bit him with Shilo and uses the distraction of the dog to aim a solid strike skewering the vermin's throat. (6 hp, dead) Mintrik aims and shoots his crossbow again, but this time his bolt goes astray. (miss) Loskrad swings down at the rat who unsuccessfuly attacked him but misses as well. The rat returns the favor but misses, while the second one facing Jack lands a hit. (2 hp, halflings got no luck) Shilo attacks it but again cannot seem to connect with the jumping rodent. (neither do dogs)

Reilin has recovered from his disorientation and can act at the end of the round.

Pbartender

First Post
Thoroughly committed to the thick of the battle, Jack ingores his injuries and presses his attack...

Continue as before...

Tumbling: +8
MW Short Sword: +7 (1d4, +1d6 if Sneak Attacking)
Jack's AC: 19

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn continues loading her sling and shooting at the rats. Shilo continues his attacks as well (Guess I should have fed him better);)

OOC - Sorry for the short post, but I am leaving out of town and will be back tomorrow sometime, hopefully.

Torlax

First Post
(OOC: Sorry guys, I've been very sick for four days now. DM, is Reilin aware of the rats, and are they within line of sight?)

Reilin, still feeling ill to his stomach, stumbles into the sewers, his arms full of gear. He looks around, bewildered, trying to figure out where the sounds of fighting are coming from.

Initiative Roll: 12 + 0 = 12

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pbartender said:
In the midst of mortal combat, time stretches on... Mere seconds seem as if they are days...

OOC: Bump.

Kahuna burger's head explodes from conflicting guilts as she simulatneously reads nag post, gets nagged by hubby about preparing the baby room and gets ready to go to work... And worries about up coming gaming weekend some foolish spirit possessed her to host. :eek:

:p Sorry for the lag, I will endevor to catch up this weekend, and hopefully things will improve after game day....

Kahuna Burger

Pbartender

First Post
OOC: I didn't really mean to nag you or anything... It summer, and a busy time for being anywhere but inside next to a computer. I can hardly fault anyone for that.

I was just bumping the thread so it didn't fall too far down the page. And hey, if I'm going to bump the thread, I might as well do it with a little in-character panache, eh? I've got to earn those roleplaying XPs somehow. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads