[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=various stuff]Ben, Hú Lí's reflex should be 15 in her stat block.

GROMkill: Takahaan is down 2 surges. Thanks for the pic, I'll use it.

Dekana: only the blue squares are difficult. The whitish stuff is normal (it was just supposed to look like a layer of foam).

Also, you can't charge to J12 and hit #4. Although you could go there and hit #3.

I'll roll a save for Dartmoor for Takahaan's help: save vs unconsciousness (1d20=2). Hmm, maybe I shouldn't. Dartmoor is still unconscious at the start of his turn.

Update to follow.

Edit: put Castile in I12.[/sblock]

The creatures half-swim, half-scuttle out of the water and attack everything in reach, with surprisingly little effect, although one clamps onto Gelik and another onto the unconscious and unfamiliar dwarf. A third manages to pinch Castile's leg, but draws little blood.

[sblock=Special rules for this fight]The Dartmoor Irregulars are unconscious (save ends) owing to having failed the Endurance check earlier. A conscious character who is adjacent to Dartmoor may, as a standard action, attempt to wake him up, which immediately grants him a saving throw against this condition. Dartmoor also wakes up immediately if he takes damage. (Of course, once Dartmoor is awake, he automatically wakes up the rest of the Irregulars.)

Any PC can retrieve an item (theirs or someone else’s) as a minor action if he or she is adjacent to either of the grey boxes (doesn’t matter which one).

It also takes a minor action to either give an item to someone else (who wants to take it) or to take an item from someone else (who wants to hand it over).

The NPCs are unconscious and stay that way even if damaged, because they are inferior beings.

Terrain: the light blue area represents shallow water and is difficult terrain.[/sblock]

[sblock=Bugs’ actions]#1, attack Alkas, miss
#2, attack unknown dwarf, miss
#3, move to J10, attack Gelik, hit for 9
#5, charge to L5, attack Alkas, miss
#6, charge to L7, attack Alkas, miss
#7, charge to K8, attack unknown dwarf, hit for 9
#8, move to K7, attack Dartmoor, miss
#9, charge to J11, attack Castile, hit for 6
#10, charge to J12, attack Castile, miss

Way to miss a bunch of unconscious people!

Rolls:
#1 (CA) vs Alkas; #2 (CA) vs Unknown dwarf; #3 (CA) vs Gelik; #5 (charge, CA) vs Alkas; #6 (charge, CA) vs Alkas (1d20+7=12, 1d20+7=9, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+8=12, 1d20+8 =13)

#7 (CA, charge) vs Unknown dwarf; #8 (CA) vs Dartmoor; #9 (charge) vs Castile; #10 (charge) vs Castile (1d20+8=15, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=11)[/sblock]

[sblock=status]PCs
Alkas (H9) HP 35/35; surges 11/13; prone, unarmed, shieldless
Castile (I12) HP 31/33; surges 11/13; shieldless
Dartmoor (J7) HP 28/28; surges 8/10; prone, unarmed, unconscious (save ends)
Hú Lí (H8) HP 24/24; surges 6/8
Noriaki (G12) HP 27/27; surges 7/9
Takahaan (I8) HP 24/24; surges 6/8; shieldless

NPCs
Aerys (H11) HP 29/29 unconscious, prone
Dwarf you’ve never seen before (J8) HP 19/28 unconscious, prone
Gelik (I9) HP 13/22 unconscious, prone
Ishirou (I6) HP 24/24 unconscious, prone
Sasha (H10) HP 23/23 unconscious, prone

Bad Guys
Eurypterid 1 (L6)
Eurypterid 2 (K9)
Eurypterid 3 (J10)
Eurypterid 4 dead
Eurypterid 5 (L5)
Eurypterid 6 (L7)
Eurypterid 7 (K8)
Eurypterid 8 (K7)
Eurypterid 9 (J11)
Eurypterid 10 (J12)

Misc
Equipment (I7, G10)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats: Eurypterid]Eurypterid
AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 12; HP 1 (minion)
:bmelee: pincers +5 vs. AC, 6 damage (or 9 against immobilized, restrained, or helpless target)[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
"Everyone get up," Hú Lí shouts, "They're getting closer."

She bustles over next to where Captain Dartmoor lies insensate on the ground, leans down and blows an shrill note on her flute directly in his ear.

"Get up! Get up!"

She notices Alkas standing weaponless menaced by four of the creatures.

"Here! she says, picking up his hammer from the pile of goods. "This is, I believe, yours!"[sblock=actions]Move: to J6
Standard: attempt to awaken Dartmoor
Minor: Pick up Alkas's craghammer.[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
His katana back at his side, Noriaki assesses the rest of the situation quickly. He steps in front of the unconscious Sasha to keep the crustaceans at bay, his hand gripping the hilt of his weapon. With the soft sound of wood on steel, the blade slides free, slicing through the pincers latched on to Gelik as if there were no resistance at all. "Hmph."

Noriaki twirls his blade to flick off the lobster ichor and holds it at the ready.

[sblock=mechanics]
Move: shift to I10
Minor: draw katana
Standard: Howling Strike on Nasty #3
Attack: 1d20+7=21, HIT!
Damage(for funsies): 1d12+1d6+4=12, KILLED![/sblock]

[sblock=Noriaki]
Noriaki Matsumoto Male Human Thaneborn Barbarian 1
Initiative: +3(+5 with Takahaan), Passive Perception: 10,

Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Normal
AC:17
Fort:17
Reflex:15
Will:13
HP:27/27 Bloodied:13
Surges left:7/9
Surge Value:6
Action Points: 1
MBA: +7 to hit, 1d12+4 damage

Howling Strike
Pressing Strike

Escalating Violence []
Howl of Triumph []
Heroic Effort []
Second Wind []

Swift Panther Rage []

Conditions:

Feral Might(Thaneborn Triumph): Whenever you bloody an enemy, the next attack by you or an ally against that enemy gains a bonus to the attack roll equal to your Charisma modifier(+2).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
From the look Castile has after she is scratched by the lobster-thing, you'd think she was just slapped in the face. "You - !!!"

Castile can't find the words to finish, so she lets her axe do the talking. She swings in a wide horizontal arc at the nearby bugs and mortally wounds a pair of them in one blow. She then wades deeper into the water so she can get at the one harrassing the unknown dwarf.

[sblock=ooc]If it's okay to step on top of unconscious people, someone can move to J8 to flank with castile against bug #2.

Thanks for fixing the charge, Mewness. It took me awhile to figure out what I did wrong, heh.[/sblock][sblock=Castile stat block / actions]Actions
Standard: Hack and Hew vs Eurypterid 9 hits AC 23 for MINION-POPPING damage, and Castile gains 8 THP. Second attack vs Eurypterid 10 hits AC 15 for MINION-POPPING damage. (1d20+6=23;1d12+6=17;1d20+6=15;1d12+6=18) Sigh, all those good damage rolls wasted on minions.

Move: Walk to L10.

PC:Castile (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC:16, Fort:16, Reflex:11, Will:12, +5 saves vs poison, Speed:5
HP:31/33 + 8 THP, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/13
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions
Not using shield. AC and Reflex are adjusted above.

Powers
Battack.gif
Waraxe, +6 vs AC, 1d12+6 damage (see Combat notes below)
Combat Challenge
Crushing Surge, Weapon Master's Strike
Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew
Villain's Menace

Combat notes: +2 damage with THP, +2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
Takahaan sets his eyes on a cluster of the lobster-fiends, and steps toward them, amidst the fray of his allies and the attacking creatures. Throwing his hands in a fearsome manner, Takahaan leans back for a moment before thrusting his head forth, his mouth agape.

"Hrraaghh!" Flames erupt from his throat, volleying toward the lobster creatures, helpless in the wake of the fire breath. Two of the lobsters are struck by the Dragonborn's flames, and slump in the sand, lifeless.

With a deadly arc, Takahaan swings his nodachi with both hands, at the nearest lobster-fiend that survived his burning breath, aiming for a weak spot under one of the tough shell fragments in the lobster's exoskeleton. However, his swing was too harsh, missing the lobster-fiend.

"Gra! So close..." he yells.

[sblock="Mechanics"] Move: Shift to J9

Minor: Dragon Breath, close blast 3, corners at K7 K9 M7 M9.
Attack:(#2)1d20+6=26, (#6) 1d20+6=12, (#7) 1d20+6=13, (#8) 1d20+6=23 Hit on #2 and #8.
Damage:1d6+1=4 And it's a kill on #2 and #8!

Standard: Intuitive Strike at Lobster #7
Attack:1d20+7=10
Missed.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Takahaan]Takahaan Thanazashi Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 1
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 9
Senses: Normal

AC:17
Fort:15
Reflex:13
Will:15
HP:24/24
Bloodied:12
Surge Value:7
Surges left:6/8
Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Dragon Breath [x]
Inspiring Word []
Vengeance Is Mine[]

Lamb to the Slaughter[]

[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
Alkas shakes the sand out of his ears, kicks the closest set of pincers away as he stands up. The dwarf gestures and small green fireflies envelop the nearby crustaceans for a moment and disappear. Despite their limited intelligence the creatures feel compelled to attack Alkas.

The dwarf then accepts the offered weapon and turns around at the group of enemies arrayed against him. "Leave them alone" he calls out, slamming his weapon into the ground and the very earth begins to quiver and shake. The ground erupts underneath three of the crabs, send them high into the sky and their carapaces are cracked.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Mark all adjacent enemies
Move: Stand
Minor: Take craghammer
Move: Roots of Stone - roots of stone (5,1,8,6) (1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=25, 1d20+6=10, 1d20+6=26) hits AC 20 on #5, AC 25 on #1, misses 8, crits 6.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Alkas Glanrak]Alkas Glanrak Male Dwarf Warden 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-Light
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13
HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/13
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Roots of Stone
Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions:

Warden's Fury - Trigger: An enemy marked by me makes an attack that doesn't include me as a target
Attack: +6 Vs. Fort Hit: 1d10+6 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to me and my allies until the end of my next turn.
Warden's Strike- Trigger: An enemy marked by me that is also within 5 squares of me makes an attack not including me as a target
Effect: Slide the target 1 square. The target is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Full sheet: Alkas[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads