[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Lenyara]The Boss isn't sorry for attacking you at all. He's likely trying to buy you off just in case your net is stronger than his magic. As long as you stay on your guard until you get out of the caves, you don't think the kobolds will betray you.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara nodded, just enough to be noticeable. Then she called back over her shoulder to the rest of the group. "Let's get out of here- everybody move it. I'll keep an eye on things until you are all out of the cave." She turned back to the Boss, her eyes still wary and her weapons steady. "We are going to walk out the front door, and you can keep your part of the bargain once my friends are safely outside."

Dekana

Explorer
The Boss's perpetual reptilian grin widens a little as Lenyara agrees to his offer.

GM: Okay then! Is everyone on board with taking the deal?

Neil1889

First Post
Labraundos calls out, "I want the bones of one of your victims, gathered with reverence from the cave first."

He sounds vaguely disappointed.

"I'd be happier cooking his goose for him,"
he mutters in Lenyara's ear.

FlervaFlerv

First Post
Flervin thinks about it for a minute, carefully gauging his companion's and the Kobolds reactions., "Deal seems to be for the best , I s'pose." he mutters.

OOC: Worst case is if the kobolds betray us after we have completed the deal, then we just slaughter them all and get even more stuff...just a thought :D

Dekana

Explorer
Labraundos calls out, "I want the bones of one of your victims, gathered with reverence from the cave first."

He sounds vaguely disappointed.

"I'd be happier cooking his goose for him,"
he mutters in Lenyara's ear.
The Boss replies, "Since you killed the bugs, that won't be a problem. I'll have one of my lackeys collect the bones." He then calls an idle kobold over, gathers a description of the goliath skeleton from Labraundos, and sends the kobold off. In the meantime, the Boss disappears for a few minutes to gather the promised treasure. As Lenyara instructed, everyone in the party except her heads toward the entrance. The party passes by several more kobolds on the way, but none of them make any aggressive actions. On the contrary, most of them scatter in fear upon seeing the heroes. The group finally steps out of the cave and back into the surface world. It is dark out, the party having spent all afternoon underground.

The kobold underling returns after a few tense minutes with the bones gathered in a large sack and hands them over to Lenyara. When the boss returns, he has a sack that jingles with coin and treasure. He also gives his sack to Lenyara.

"Well then, this is yours. Since our business is done, you can leave now."

Though half-expecting a betrayal, Lenyara also makes it to the outside without any trouble. The party is reunited in front of the cave entrance, their job finished. All that's left is the return trip to Daunton.

[sblock=rewards]Lenyara: Iron Armbands of Power, 1750 gp worth of coins and gems, 2501 xp
Ashurn, Emsy, Flervin, Labraundos, Nicodemus: 850 gp worth of coins and gems (each), 2001 xp

And 4 months = 8 DM credits for me.

[sblock=calculations (already included above)]Time rewards
March 2013 to June 2013 = 4 months.
1st level characters: 668xp, 504gp
4th level characters: 1168xp, 1400gp

Encounter XP
Bug fight: 725 xp
Blowing up the door: 750 xp
Tunnel fight: 875 xp
Bridge fight: 900 xp
Quest reward (finishing the kobolds' request): 750 xp
Subtotal: 4000 xp, split 6 ways = 666 xp, times 2 = 1333 xp each.[/sblock][/sblock]
GM: The party can find their way back to the beach and take the kobolds' boat to Daunton. Or, if you don't want to risk the passage in that canoe a second time, you can walk to Bacarte and travel from there.

That's a wrap! Thanks for playing everyone. I hope you enjoyed the game!

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: Thanks for DMing the game! Now to do my levels and we can buy stuffs while in town, aye?

"Alright, now that we're done. I'll be heading back to Daunton by the portal in Bacarte. Maybe we'll meet again.", Ashurn ends his sentence with a smile before walking towards Bacarte's direction.

Remove ads