[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Onwards! Assuming we want Ashurn and Lenyara to scout ahead again... (although it looks like Stealth is very much not her strong point)

Lenyara waved Ashurn forward towards the tunnel, and made ready to follow- not noticing that the barbs of her net were tangled in a pile of weapons from the forge. The resulting clatter was not as loud as it could have been, but it echoed down the tunnel for a fair distance...

OOC: Stealth 1d20+7= 9; Perception 1d20+11= ; rolls
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4075260/
So for Stealth rolls, we have a 1 and a 2 so far...

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: I would very much like to take a glance at the forge area as well as the pile of weapons, just in case we might miss out something of value.

Ashurn again sticks to the shadow but winces visibly at the din caused by Lenyara's clumsiness. As he turned his head around to look at what happened, he nearly tripped as he stepped on to the corner of his own cloak.
[Sblock=Stealth & Perception] 15 for both. [/Sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Ashurn and Lenyara continue down the tunnel with the rest of the party following shortly behind. The two scouts come upon to a corner. A great ruckus can be heard from ahead, the sounds of many conversations going on at once. Most of them are carried out in Draconic, but they sound fearful. The voices echo down the tunnel, making it a little hard to judge how far away they are. When Lenyara slowly peeks around the corner, she sees the commons area that they party earlier had the audience with the Boss in. The area is positively filled with kobolds, most of them unarmed civilians. The Boss is in the same spot as before, except now he is surrounded by bodyguards.

Lenyara is spotted instantly by half a dozen of the kobolds, who shout out warnings to the others. Thinking combat will be imminent, Lenyara motions for the rest of the party to move up, However, none of the kobolds close in for attack or fire arrows. Instead, the Boss shouts to the party, "Why don't you all come forward? We'll have a little chat." He then barks out an order in Draconic, and the kobolds between the party and the boss then disperse, forming a clear path.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara did not move at first- after a moment a wicked smile spreads across her face. If he wanted a good show... She stepped forward, just around the corner and into sight of the larger cavern, and spoke loudly, her voice filling the space with a guttural growl.

"We aren't very happy with being lied to, and having people try to get us killed and robbed. Why don't YOU come out from behind that ring of guards and we can settle this. Just you and me- no friends, no magic, no tricks. Unless you are too scared..." Then she punctuated her statement with a dismissive spit on the ground and settled into a ready stance.

Dekana

Explorer
All conversations in the chamber cease as the Boss and Lenyara face off. "I don't blame you for that," the kobold Boss calls back. He walks toward the adventurers and halts about 50 feet from the mouth of the tunnel. His entourage follow behind him, despite Lenyara's challenge.

"You've already fought through the bugs and half my guards, sure: they're nothing compared to me," he boasts while literally thumping his chest. "But stupid kobolds don't get to be the Boss. Enough of us have died already, and I think it's time to call it a day. So here's what I suggest:
First, you'll get all the gold and jewels I promised for killing the bugs. A deal's a deal after all.
Second, as compensation for past mistakes, I'll give you a set of enchanter bracers from my own hidden hoard. They'll make you strong like an ogre! For everyone else, I have enough diamonds stashed away to make them happy.
Finally, you'll all be allowed to return to Daunton unhindered by us. You can even keep the boat that you took to get here."

"So how about it?"

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: My opinion, I want to avoid this fight but of course not without an insight and perception check, just in case. Plus, if we leave on good terms (as good as it can get), we might get more job offerings in the future (minus more backstabbing hopefully). But I will wait for the rest to weigh in.

Ashurn tries to read the kobold's face and scans the surrounding, trying to discern if he is sincere about his offer or just trying to trick the party yet again.

[sblock=Insight & Perception] Insight: 17
Perception: 23+1=24 (forgot about my regional bonus)
Results. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Ashurn]You notice that the Boss hasn't really apologized for his treatment of the group. Maybe he's trying to look strong in front of his underlings, or maybe he's just not sorry at all (or both possibilities could be true).
You think the offer is probably genuine, otherwise the Boss would have attacked when he had more distance and bodies between him and the party.[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn steps out of the shadow and stops right behind Lenyara. "Doesn't look like he's lying about the offer, though he doesn't look very sorry for what he had done. But I agree with him about ceasing the fight. My dagger's getting dull from stabbing too many of them.", said Ashurn as he brough up his blade, it's edge still as sharp as ever.

Remove ads