(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Xaov said:
ooc: hopefully you won't mind my Half-orc Pally Rhamos Kahn joining the game do you?

ooc: Happy to have him! A David Weber fan, perhaps? I'm waiting to see if we have any more join. Looking about, it seems we have a Ranger, Barbarian, Monk and Paladin so far. Remember, the Inn is still nearby if you want to return there in order to recruit more help...

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
A woman in scale armor comes following slightly behind the group, and sees the guard captain speaking to the rest of the Inn's contingent. Seeing them milling about in a manner just as disorganized, if perhaps more courageous, as the bucket chain was, she slips into her accostomed position of command. She strides up to the guard captain.

"I am Fant of Lionel," she says, speaking in a respectful but not subservient tone- treating the captain as a peer, "and I will offer my services in an attempt to expidite this process. Now," she says, raising her voice to be heard by all of the group above the din, "Mr. Gorefoot, if you would please open that door in the most efficient manner possible?"

ooc: Fant is a noblewoman and a former military officer. So she will "take command," and order you around, albiet politely. I assure you that no offense is intended to the players in this respect (and the PCs, of course, are under no obligation to obey ;)).

Last edited:

Xaov

First Post
(I am going to use diplomacy to see if I can get anyone in the crowd to give us a hand.)

OOC: could you explain how using skills works for this?

*looking around the crowd Rhamos shouts out* "Is there anyone in this crowd of onlookers willing to risk their own lives for the sake of another? We know not what lies beyond these doors and could use as much support as possible for going inside! WILL ANYONE COME WITH US!"

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Xaov said:
OOC: could you explain how using skills works for this?

OOC: All of the people that will wind up going in to the tower will be player characters. If you would like, you may make your diplomacy check and post it, giving other PCs something to respond to in their roleplaying.

Xaov

First Post
[ROLL] 11(roll)+4(skill)+3(cha)=18 Diplomacy check

"WHATEVER PERSONAL MOTIVES MAY DRIVE YOU! WILL ANYONE COME FORTH AND JOIN US IN GOING INSIDE WE KNOW NOT WHAT LIES INSIDE! WILL YOU HELP US!" *the half-orc shouts*

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: A couple requests to y'all- one, could you either describe your character's physical appearance and mannerisms? Another good thing to do is put a link to your character in your signature, which allows both the DM and other players to do a quick check of what you look like (and for the DM, what your stats are). Second, could you not use colored texts? No matter what color you use, there's probably a board color scheme that makes it hard to see (I'm using black-and-grey, which makes dark green difficult to read). Quotes are usually a good indicator of when you're speaking. :)

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

A beautiful young woman with flowing locks of strawberry blond comes jogging up behind Fant. Her pale blue eyes widen at the comotion. She places one hand on Fant's shoulder. "Good thing you're taking charge around here. I'll see if Fridly can find out any more up there."

Shooing the small white owl off her shoulder and onto her wrist, she brings her face close to him. She tries to comunicate that fire would be worrisome and then flings him into the air. The owl will not go into the smoke, but hopefully will try to see if any flames are visible from above.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Persephone." Fant nods respectful greeting. "Any idea what's going on? I think you're the first with expertise on the scene."

Fant is a tall woman with dark brown hair pulled back out of her face in a bun, and her features, while not entirely beautiful, areuncanny in their symmetry. She has an assertive posture and manner. She wears scale armor and has a sword at her side; judging by its hilt, which features a green gemstone, it is of exceedingly high quality.

ooc: Thanks, Xaov!

Xaov

First Post
Rhamos Kahn is a man of valor, his demeanor firm, though at times a bit rough on the edges he is good at heart. His family Halberd Kalgovia is always at his side as it was given to him by his father who had wielded it before him, almost 10 generations of Kahn blood flow through its' blade, not only does Rhamos see it as a good luck charm but also as a sign of the honor of his family.

His build is strong like that of a well trained fighter. His hair is black, pulled back most of the time. His mind always focused on his dream as well as serving Heironeous who was the patron of all the warriors in Kahn's family. His eyes are black, they are watchful like a mother to her child always watching.

Rhamos' dream is to one day have his own kingdom, name it after his family, and have it be one of the strongest kingdoms in the land. If he accomplishes this. When death comes to take his soul into paradise he will be willingly go, and let his son continue to uphold the honor of the family name.

The attachment is the char sheet of Rhamos.

ooc: NP hobbes

Attachments

• Rhamos Kahn ENWorld RPG Char sheet2.doc
    25 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
The Deep Halfling Ishmael arrived on the scene. The bucket he carried seemed too big for his 2 and a half foot build. He wore a tabard that hid the cloth-thin mithral mail hauberk beneath it. Unreadied but visible is a scarred wooden kite shield. Likewise is a finely crafted warhammer hanging from his belt.

Upon the shield and the tabard is a downward pointing, rust colored sword. Those learned of peasant folklore are more likely recognize the symbol of the Wooden Sword than those of noble blood. Those of lower births are more likely to think of it kindly as well, since the order is the least prestigious of Enworld's knighthoods... and Ishmael is the smallest of the small in terms of build, rank and glory.

The halfling carried a noble air about himself as he viewed the conflaguration. He had left behind his favorite cloak and his equine friend to lend aid to the brigade. Such destruction was disheartening to Ishmael, even though he had witnessed the slaughter at St. Feragon's monastery and the wake of a cloaker infestation at Stonepike. Perhaps, t'was there was some persistent innocence in the Halfling still. He certainly looked the part of the naive, young, untested warrior. Those who've stood beside him and those who know better than to judge a book by its cover would recognize the Halfling's competence.

Ishmael recognized the commanding presence of Fant and of the Guard Captain. So he strode to them and offered his skills modestly. "I am Ishmael. How might I lend aid?"

Remove ads