(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Before much can be done, Sir Ishmael," says Fant, keeping her eyes on the tower. "We must first gain entry." She walks over to the door, and tries the knob. If it does not open, she says "If you would be so kind as to lend me a hand?"

ooc: Strength checks to force the door, with one of us "aiding" the other. Fant will gladly yield to a stronger character, if one volunteers.

Zweischneid

First Post
Morulas is a slender and graceful Elf, used to wandering and living in the wilds. His ravenblack hair is bound in plaited bead that falls to his lower back, his elven, blue-and-silver eyes almost always shine with anticipation.
His clothing and gear are crafted for the outdoors and colored to blend well with the woods, but meticulously cared for and adorned with fine elven patterns and scrollwork.

With long and graceful strides, the lithe elf heads for the tower-entrance to make himself useful.

keeping her eyes on the tower. "We must first gain entry." She walks over to the door, and tries the knob.

"Telin le thaed"² he says, drawing up to the little gathering before the entrance."

Looking up from the base of the building at the smoke and lightning rising from its top floors he notes:

"Does anyone among you know the Istar of this tower? His door might be warded and breaking it might cause even more commotion.

-------
²
"I've come to help you"

³
Wizard

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Morulas's voice of caution comes a bit too late, as the door easilly swings open as Fant turns the knob. A shimmering aura remains where the door was, although it does not appear to obstruct entry. Through the blue haze, a well furnished waiting room can be seen. It is uninhabited, and appears untouched by any sort of fire.

Seeing that a number of people have gathered to handle the problem, the Watch-Captain orders the bells turned off. Slowly, as word spreads around town to ignore the pillar of smoke rising fom the tower, the din of the alarm fades.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars Blackbeard

Nars arrives on the scene just in time to catch the last of the explanation. Nars is an average sized dwarf, black beard and eyes. He has a calculating demeanor. Puffing as he catches his breath, "Nars .. Blackbeard .. , locksmith, here to, ah, help. I don't know .. much about magic, but we dwarves have some natural resistance to the stuff. And ye might need some help if the next door doesn't come unstuck so easily."

Nars will enter the building keeping, probably in the back of the line at the moment, looking and listening for anything amiss. He will also keep an eye out for any structural weaknesses caused by the disruption.
OOC: (Spot +4, Listen +4, Search +6 (+8 for stonework), Darkvision 60 ft, Knowledge (Arch & Eng) +6)

Last edited:

Xaov

First Post
*with no apparent response from the crowd dismayed Rhamos turns only to see 3 others going inside*

"I'm Happy to see some people have some backbone in this town" he mutters to himself

*He runs to the door.*

he unfortunately left Kalgovia back in his room so he feels a bit uneasy but won't let it stop him

*Shortsword drawn he proceeds into the tower with everyone else*

Although the inside is untouched by the fire, Rhamos sees no reason why someone would do this unless they needed to. He calls out

"Is there anyone in here?" he yells

[Listen check: 11+3=14]

Patlin

Explorer
nimisgod said:
Ishmael recognized the commanding presence of Fant and of the Guard Captain. So he strode to them and offered his skills modestly. "I am Ishmael. How might I lend aid?"

"Well met, Ishmael." Frandeth responds. "I'd like a squad of volunteers to go into this tower and investigate this strange not-quite-a-fire. And make it stop! I can offer your group 200 pieces of gold if you accomplish it. It looks like those others are ready to step inside... you all might want to stick together."

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

Gorefoot notices Lady Fant and the others heading into the tower. The heavily muscled and horribly scarred gnome runs over, heads through the door, and steps up beside Lady Fant, "I'm here to help."

Xaov

First Post
hearing no response, Rhamos charges up the nearby flight of stairs, calling all the while "is anyone here!"

Remove ads