• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Xaov said:
hearing no response, Rhamos charges up the nearby flight of stairs, calling all the while "is anyone here!"

Xaov, you're getting a bit ahead of me here. At this point, I'm waiting to confirm that everyone is heading into the tower. Then I intend to more fully describe the entry chamber. There actually is not a stairway leading up in the first room. The cool, quiet atmosphere inside the tower is quite calm, and from what Rhamos can see their is no *immediate* danger to anyone, as yet. More information will be provided shortly. [By the way, I can't find Rhamos in the official character thread. Is he aproved yet?]

At this point, Fant has opened the door (and is still outside, I think) and Nars, Rhamos and Goorfoot have rushed in. That leaves Persephone, Ishmael, Morulas, and Rhodimus. Do those characters want to enter, or is there something they want to do first?

Zweischneid

First Post
"Uuma ma' ten' rashwe, ta tuluva a' lle

Morulas looks around baffled.

"Seems like the good captain found his share of foolhardy firefighters now." he notes with an uncertain smile.

----------
²
Don't look for trouble, it will come to you

OOC: Quite some crew assembled here - how many people take part in this adventure?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Yes, my lady. Ere thine entrance, thou must know that I have some ability to cure wounds should injury come to the party" Ishmael observed the rest of the party as they gathered around the entrance. Subtely, he let his Divine Inquisition ability guide his senses to determine who was untrustworthy.

ooc: After one round, he follows the rest of the party in. Since he is slow, he takes up the rear.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus hrmps at the others's rushing. He sets the bucket he was holding to the ground and walks over to the door to peer in himself.

Rodimus is short for a half-orc, has his coarse black hair tied in a loose ponytail, and is wearing monkly garb. He has a quarterstaff and is of the silent type, not wasting words.

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

Gorefoot scans the room carefully, looking for anything 'odd.'

After a moment he states the blatantly obvious, "I don't see a fire."

Zweischneid

First Post
Morulas carefully touches the shimmering blue, ascertaining that it's not obviously harmful.
Sure of that, he takes a deep breath and steps through the barrier into the room behind it.

Keeping to the walls, he takes a few measured steps into the room while his eyes scan the room and his fingers nimbly fix a string to his bow.

----------

OOC: Spot (+5) for anything unusual, also an elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search (+6) check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.

Last edited:

Xaov

First Post
I am sorry this is my first time doing this, I did not put him in the character thread or get him approved. I didn't understand thats what you meant when you said post a link to the char in your sig.

if you want I'll sit out no hard feelings, or if you want to just have me get green thumb syndrome until he gets approved. its your call I'll wait till I get an answer from you to continue.

Patlin

Explorer
Tower Entry

ooc: At this point, I'm assuming everyone wants to enter the tower.

Entering the tower, you find yourselves in a plush waiting room. Three different couches are artfully aranged around a coffee table, which sits upon an expensive looking rug. A small pedestal dominates the northernmost portion of the room, and a featureless puppet rests limply upon it.

The walls are hung with 3 paintings, one of which appears to be a portrait of a Human Wizard of about 30 to 40 years. The other two are landscape scenes, one of a snow covered mountain and another of a country road in fall, with leaves in many colors.

As you enter the room, the puppet twitches, and suddenly transforms into the torso of what would appear to be some sort of buttler or servant. It looks you over thoughtfully, and then begins to speak.

"Welcome, all. I am afraid the Wizard Rilithorne is unavailable at this time. In fact, I must sadly inform you that containment measures are in effect. Please do not proceed further into the tower without authorization. May I assume you are present in the capacity of customers?"

Patlin

Explorer
Morulas makes an alarming discovery: the shimmering blue field that you easilly passed through on your way into the tower appears to be extremely solid from this side. Could this be what was meant by "containment measures?"

OOC:

Xaov: You are welcome in this game, but see if you can get the aproval squared away. I understand (I think) that you are not eligible for xp until you are aproved. One of the Judges can probably explain better, I'm pretty new around here myself. To be clear: I do not want to discourage you from playing.

General: If anyone wants to see a list of the players, check out the link to the "intrepid band of heroes" recently added to my signature. In response to the more specific question, there are a total of 8 players.

Remove ads