(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Sorry about the late update, haven't had decent net access the last couple days...

Semabin
"So, if your key was always at your side... isn't it possible that someone stole it from you to open the case, and returned it to you? Did you notice anything odd during the day, or at home?"

Jamaris shakes his head. "I doubt such a thing could be possible. Nothing unusual happened on my way home, nor at my home last night."

Deos
"Well then, that seems to be everyone. Jamaris, have you opened the case since the gem disappeared? What did the gem look like? Was it rumored to have any 'special' properties?"

"No, I have not opened the case since we came in this morning." The jeweller says. "As for its appearance... it was a sky-blue diamond, nearly perfectly in the shape of a sphere; that was its natural shape. It didn't have any 'special' properties that I'm aware of."

Celeste
"I'd really like to take a look around that back room. If the theif tampered with the lock, as it appears, there must be something importat back there."

"I believe your companion was referring to the front door, not the door to the workshop." Jamaris says.

Celeste
"... what kind of gem was it?"

"It was a diamond, sky-blue in color, nearly perfectly spherical in shape." Jamaris says. "It was many-faceted, so many that its surface was smooth to the touch. It was roughly the size of a fist."

fuzzy

First Post
I think I might have heard of spells that require a diamond as a component.

Ooc: Knowledge: Psionics +4, Knowledge: all others +0 untrained.

fuzzy

First Post
Celeste walks over to the locks on the door, and goes over it, trying to memorize the design of the lock and the damage to it.

OOC: Search +0 and Autohypnosis +5 checks to examine and memorize the lock and the damage to it. Taking 20.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

Zander said:
Getting an idea out of the blue, Zander decides to ask the rest of the group. "Is there any mage with us? Maybe we could find some traces of magic tampering with the locks?"

Deos gives Zander a quick nod, "I was just about to examine the shop for latent dweomers. One moment." Deos sweeps his hands over his closed eyes and then rests the fingertips of his right hand on the middle of his forehead while whispering a single word in auran, "Mihaya." His will surges up through his fingertips and into his forehead. He lets his hands drop and he opens his eyes to scan the room.

Celeste said:
I think I might have heard of spells that require a diamond as a component.

OOC: Deos is casting Detect Magic and will take his time scanning the shop, paying particular attention to the case. After he is done he'll try and remember if his mentor mentioned the various uses for large diamonds or diamond dust as material components.
Possible Relevant skills:
Search +3
Spot +4
Knowledge Arcana +10
Spellcraft +7

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg looks at Deos. "Wizard, Durg understands nothing about magic. But if one only need diamond for a spell, why take one, that is so difficult to get? Makes no sense. Why that family gem so special? That most important."

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin is a bit surprised that Jamaris is so sure the key had not been stolen from him, but is distracted by the whisper from Deos.

Was that the Language of Air? It sounded vaguely familiar...

"Well, Durg, some people like to face challenges simply because the challenge exists. Climbing the windswept canyons in Sairundan, for example. That might be a similar case."

fuzzy

First Post
Celeste turns around to face Durg and Semabin.It's possible that they needed that particular diamond, or one with certain qualities, or just a high-quality gem

OOC: Knowledge checks (psionics +4) and all others untrained (+0) to think of magics that might need a personal effect or suchlike.

Remove ads