• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Celeste walks over to the locks on the door, and goes over it, trying to memorize the design of the lock and the damage to it.

Celeste -
You succeed in memorizing the lock and the damage done to it.

OoC: That's a rather unusual use of autohypnosis, but I'll go with it. For purposes of recall, consider the design of the lock and the damage done to it two different documents (so you need two Autohypnosis checks to recall them).

Deos
"Mihaya."

Deos -
There are no signs of any sort of magical effects evident in the shop.

There are some more powerful spells that you have heard of that require diamonds.

Celeste
"It's possible that they needed that particular diamond, or one with certain qualities, or just a high-quality gem"

Celeste -
You can't think of any spell that would require such a thing.

fuzzy

First Post
Well, I can't think of any particular thing that would need a gem like that. I have one last idea. Jamaris, do you have any rivals who might want to do something like this? Celeste ponders for a second. Wait, why did the theif tamper with the part of the lock on the inside? He must have gotten in some other way. Celeste steps outside and takes a look at the outside of the door

OOC: Untrained Knowledge: local (+0) to see if Celeste knows any of other jewelers in the city. Untrained Search (+0) to examine the outside of the door.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

"Well, there are some incantations that require the use of diamonds, but I can't think of any that require one of this size. And it's not as if the gem grew legs and walked away." Deos glances around, his eyes eventually falling on Cas. "How about you Cas? Do you have anything to say about all of this?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"From the inside? That's odd..." Semabin looks around, searching for a way the thief may have entered other than the door.

Wait, why is Deos asking the boy? That seems rather unlikely...

"Did you find something, Deos?"

fuzzy

First Post
Semabin, i think its more what he didn't find. Everything points to someone who knew the inside of the place well. That leaves us Jamaris and Cas, or whoever built the locks. They might have added some sort of trick to get in.

OOC: Knowledge: Psi +4, others +0 checks to think about ways to bypass the locks, especially without actually unlocking them.

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg knows it's better to leave searching for clues to the others. As he stands on the side he observes Cas and Jamaris very closely.

There's something fishy about this. No clues and no marks of breaking in from outside. Is our employer telling all he knows?

(OOC: Sense Motive +6 to observe both Cas and Jamaris. Does it feel like they are telling us everything they know?)

fuzzy

First Post
Celeste walks over to Durg and Semabin and whispers I sense a set-up job. I'm going to get ready. Don't point out what I'm doing.
Celeste steps so Jamaris and Cas can't see her right hand, and summons her mindblade. She then starts focusing, trying to get into that state where her dodging improves.

Gnomeworks-
If Jamaris or Cas try anything dangerous, she will stop focusing and step out, saying Alright, gig's up. What's going on.

OOC: Concentration check to gain psionic focus. (+6) Stop if anything fishy goes on.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

Knight Otu said:
"Did you find something, Deos?"

"Not yet, but I suspect an answer will eventually present itself." He glances back to Cas, "Well lad? Do you have anything to add?"

OOC: I've got a few ideas, but no real way to present them in-game. Gnomeworks, what's your attitude towards "table-talk"?

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin is somewhat confused at the turn of events. Cas was supposed to have something to do with it? If so, then certainly the boy had thought we was doing a good deed, right...?

Despite his confusion, he adds nothing more seeing that the others seem to have everything under control.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: I'm fine with table-talk. Just note it with an OoC tag or something similar, so it's easy to tell what's IC and OoC.

Celeste
"Everything points to someone who knew the inside of the place well. That leaves us Jamaris and Cas, or whoever built the locks."

"That's absurd!" Jamaris exclaims. "Why would I steal my own gem? And the boy is no thief. I doubt he could keep such a thing to himself if his life depended on it; half the city would know he stole it by now, if he had done it."

Deos
"Well lad? Do you have anything to add?"

The boy shakes his head vehemently. "No."

Durg - (OOC: Sense Motive +6 to observe both Cas and Jamaris. Does it feel like they are telling us everything they know?)

Durg -
It doesn't seem that they're hiding anything (Sense Motive: 16 + 6 = 22).

Remove ads