• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

fuzzy

First Post
Celeste lets her mind blade dissipate. She steps out from cover and thinks a little.Maybe we should look around outside, also?

OOC: Gnomeworks: I didn't get answers for some of my skill checks.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos Kirith - Human Wizard 1

GnomeWorks said:
"That's absurd!" Jamaris exclaims. "Why would I steal my own gem? And the boy is no thief. I doubt he could keep such a thing to himself if his life depended on it; half the city would know he stole it by now, if he had done it."

The boy shakes his head vehemently. "No."

"Peace, Jamaris." Deos says calmly, "No one was accusing you, but surely you must understand that we needed to ask such questions? I apologize for the discomfort, but I am quite satisfied that you and Cas are not theives."

Celeste said:
Maybe we should look around outside, also?

Deos gives Celeste a big smile. "An excellent idea! Shall we?" Deos looks at the party, motions towards the door, and offers his arm to Tumna with a gentlemanly gesture.

Zerth

First Post
Durg

"They speak truth," Durg comments shortly as Jamaris and Cas are being questioned. "We must look closer. There has to be some clue. Gems don't disappear in thin air."

IcyCool

First Post

Deos begins searching the outside of the shop. Windows, doors, roof tiles ... none are safe from his inquisitive gaze.

OOC: Looking for anything of interest.

Search +3
Spot +4
and maybe Listen +4

Knight Otu

First Post
"This is odd... Jamaris, do you know all your customers well? Were there any new customers recently?" Semabin asks, so lost in thought that he almost misses the group going outside of the jewelery.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
fuzzy said:
OOC: Gnomeworks: I didn't get answers for some of my skill checks.

OoC: Sorry about that!

Celeste -
Nothing comes to mind about how to bypass the locks, either psionic or arcane (4 + 4 = 8). You don't achieve psionic focus (6 + 6 = 12, failure).

Deos
"Peace, Jamaris. No one was accusing you, but surely you must understand that we needed to ask such questions? I apologize for the discomfort, but I am quite satisfied that you and Cas are not theives."

The jeweller appears quite ruffled, but he manages to calm himself.

"My apologies. I know you're just doing your job. I should be gracious, not upset. Again, my apologies."

Semabin
"This is odd... Jamaris, do you know all your customers well? Were there any new customers recently?"

"Well, most who come through here are new, but I usually get to know them before I sell them jewelry - to ensure that they have the funds, you understand. "Jamaris closes his eyes for a moment, his brow furrowing in thought. "But any recent ones... not that I can recall..."

Cas begins jumping up and down. "I know! That man who said he was an adventurerer! The one with the bandana!"

Jamaris looks at Cas, then his expression brightens in recollection. "Ah, yes, that one. There was one man, couldn't have been older than twenty years, who came in recently to have a look around - a few days ago, perhaps. He bought a simple silver necklace, as I recall, nothing too flashy or expensive - he paid for it on the spot. The only thing I really remember about him was that he was wearing a bandana tied around his hair. He spoke strangely, but he didn't seem like a thief. Though there was something he said that struck me as odd..."

"I know, I know!" Cas interrupts loudly. "He said, 'When you begin to overvalue possessions.' And then he smiled, like it was funny!" He smiles. "And then he said, 'you start buying things for no reason.' And then he laughed! I laughed too, 'cause that part was funny."

-----

Looking at the outside of the shop, nothing seems amiss.

Deos -
You don't see any signs of a break-in, or anything else out of place (Spot: 7 + 3 = 10, Search: 9 + 4 = 13).

IcyCool

First Post

Deos comes back in from his examination of the outside of the shop."Well, I found nothing out there. Jamaris, would you open the case that held the diamond? I'd like to examine the inside."

OOC: I'm a bit confused on the timing here. I'm thinking Deos was outside and didn't hear the bit about the odd customer, would that be correct?

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Now that sounds like a lead, " Tumna says with a smile, "you guys mind if I ask around about this bandana-fellow? Might take a few hours."

Zerth

First Post
Durg

Durg smiles to Tumna, "Sounds good. Better have you do it than me. Ha!"

"Durg still not understand, how gem just disappear? Is it magic?" the half-orc asks Deos scratching his clean shaven head.

IcyCool

First Post

Tumna said:
"Now that sounds like a lead, " Tumna says with a smile, "you guys mind if I ask around about this bandana-fellow? Might take a few hours."

Deos blinks in confusion, "Bandana-fellow? What?"

Durg said:
"Durg still not understand, how gem just disappear? Is it magic?" the half-orc asks Deos scratching his clean shaven head.

"I'm not sure, but it sounds like Tumna has a lead. Tumna, do you mind if I join you?"

Remove ads