• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon sees the potential to hit three enemies in one fiery blast, but only the kid is hit with full force.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard: Scorching Burst. Centered on AB 14
Scorching Burst (hit: Kid, Wererat 1, Wererat 2; damage) (1d20+3=21, 1d20+3=9, 1d20+3=7, 1d6+3=4)
Move: Shift to Ad 15

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 16 Insight: 11 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 13
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 4 / 8
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Scorching Burst, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Lead the Attack

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Pinned beyind the warlord, Incarnation steps forward where he can see a little. Drawing upon his arcane bonds, he lays down pain on the nearest werecreature. It resists the power.

OOC: Shift behind Riardon, curse AC14, and Vampiric Embrace: Miss.

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] My bad from earlier. My hp is right, but my defenses need to all go up by 1 to 16/12/17/16. Also you forgot to deduct the action point I used first turn.[/sblock]

Vashik looks to either side, then snaps his rod down in a decisive chop, activating magic that allows him to sprint away before either of his opponents can even raise their weapons.

Asessing the battlefield as he rushes by, Vashik sees an opportunity to pin one of the thugs between himself and an ally. Firing one volley of magic missiles after another, Vashik is sure one of them will strike home.

Keep them busy, I'll support from the flanks!

[sblock=Actions]
Move Action to cast expeditious retreat and shift to AD 8 (8 Squares)
Magic Missile 1 (1d20+8=9, 2d4+5=10) Magic Missile 2 (1d20+11=24, 2d4+5=11)
Standard Action to Cast Magic Missle Against AD 12 (Combat Advantage) 10 Damage
Action point to cast Magic Missle Against AD 12 (Combat Advantage and +3 from Riardon) 11 Damage

As an aside, I think I'm using distant advantage correctly. I gain combat advantage because of Dane correct? I am "flanking" from a distance?[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Now ye braught ya friends. Tis a shame de not gonna stay for da party.

Dane cleaves into the thug, making his presence known. Should he strike, he'll carry his swing through wererat 2.

[sblock=Actions]
Cleave with Damage. (1d20+7, 1d12+6=[18, 7], [7, 6]) into Thug 2. 25 vs AC for 13 pod. 4 pod into wererat 2 if he hits. If Thug 2 is dead, Dane with attack Wererat 2. In any case, he will mark his target.[/sblock] [sblock=Vashik] Sorry you are incorrect. With Distant Advantage, you gain combat advantage (CA) when the target is flanked in melee. So if Dane and Rurdev were flanking wererat 2, then Vashik would get CA with a distant attack againt wererat 2. So it takes 3 allies to make it work.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev slashes out with his scimitars in a flurry. His rage and the tightness of their surroundings throws off his aim.

[sblock=Actions]Quarry the rat in front of me. Twin strike and then off-hand strike. 8(nat one), 14 and 15 to hit. 8, 9, and 10 damage with an additional 3 from quarry. If I am damaged in melee, I'll use my yield ground power(immed reaction) to shift to AB 14 and gain +2 to my defenses. twin strike att/off hand strike att/twin st dam/off h str dam/quarry dam (1d20+7=8, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=15, 1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=9, 1d8+5=10, 1d6=3) [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Rurdev HP 36/36[18], HS 5/8[9] SW; D(17|16,15,14); AP 3
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 1]

Incarnation moves into a position where he can see through arms and legs to the nearest werecreature but is unable to affect it.

[Round 2]

Vashik shifts around behind the small building and spots another thug coming to join the rest from the south. Distracted he misses with his magic missile.

Riardon fires his scorching burst but only manages to singe the 'kid'. He then moves out of the basement to suport Rurdev.

Rurdev misses with all three strikes against the wererat in front of him.

Dane cuts down the thug next to him, slashing the wererat in the process.

The kid chases after Vashik and tries to feint but the wizard is too quick to fall for that. The blade however hits as the kid smiles with its big ugly grin.

The two wererats move in on the crew up front. They concentrate their attacks on Rurdev. One misses completely but the other manages to bite the shifter's neck injuring him significantly but much worse inflicting him with some unknown pestilence.

The first thug that Vashik saw the kid hand something to takes off running. The second moves over from where he was following the kid but unable to keep up. A third thug emerges from down the street from Vashik on the far side of the warehouse.

Map:
Building to the North = Glassworks (40' high)
Building to the South = empty warehouse (30' high)
Building to the West = small shed (15' high)
Trees = difficult terrain
Rubble = difficult terrain

[sblock=ooc]Notes: Nebten is correct on Distance Advantage the target must be flanked already before you get this bonus. Also you can only use one Action Point per combat and I believe Vashik used one already.

feint vs. Vashik Refl; atk Vashik AC (+2 if feint successful); dmg; sneak atk (if feint successful) (1d20+6=9, 1d20+8=23, 1d6+3=5, 1d6=3) = feint miss, but hit with sword = 5 dmg
atk, atk vs. Rurdev AC (1d20+8=16, 1d4+2=4, 1d20+8=28, 1d4+2=6) = miss, crit = 6dmg + 2 ongoing (save ends) + contract filth fever.

Incarnation HP 32/32[16], HS 10/11[8] SW; D(14|15,13,13); AP 21;
Riardon HP 13/24[12], HS 6/8[6] SW; D(17|15,14,13); AP 2;
Rurdev HP 36/36[18], HS 5/8[9] SW; D(17|16,15,14); AP 3
Vashik HP 22/24[10], HS 6/6[5] SW; D(15|11,16,15); AP 2;
Dane HP 27/31[15], HS 1/12[7] SW; D(19|16,12,12); AP 1;

Note: please update my stat line above, I think I might be missing some changes from the level up.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon tries a secret technique: "Hit them like... this???" and misses.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard: Warlord's Favor (1d20+7=14, 2d8+4=11)

Does anyone need healing? The summary seems to not be correct.

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 16 Insight: 11 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 13
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 4 / 8
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Scorching Burst, Warlords Favor, Feystep
Daily Powers: Lead the Attack

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Did both my magic missiles miss? And thatnks for the distant advantage clarification.[/sblock]

Vashik looks at the shapeshifter, and then at the escaping thug and shouts.

One of you fools stop him, he's getting away!

Seeing that no one else is close enough to do anything Vashik switches gears. Stepping away from the shapêshifter, he twists his hands through the motions of an unfamiliar spell. Cupping his hands to his mouth Vashik lets out a shout that begins low but quickly rises to a painful tenor, shaking the two thugs.

Not waiting to see whether or not his attack was successful Vashik moves off to the north, trying to distance himself from the thugs and cut off the one attempting to flee, but knowing that he may soon be trapped.

[sblock=Actions] Thunderwave 1d20+6=23, 1d6+5=9
Move Action to shift one square west
Standard Action to cast Thunderwave (Corner squares being Z7, AB9) if it hits push the SE thug to AD11 and the N thug to Z10
Move Action to move to X5[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev flexes his neck, ignoring the blood running down it. He growls to Riardon, "Go help V-V-Vashik. Incarnation and I w-w-will take c-c-care of these r-r-rats." The shifter slashes out with his blades, nearly cutting himself with his first slash, but the second draws blood.

[sblock=Actions]
twin strike att/dam/quarry (1d20+7=8, 1d20+8=27, 1d8+1=7, 1d8+1=8, 1d6=1)
So that should be 9 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats/WalkingDad]
I'm okay for healing right now. Once I shift, I'll be okay.

Rurdev HP 28/36[18], HS 5/8[9] SW; D(17|16,15,14); AP 3 ongoing 2 damage

Save vs ongoing damage is a fail. save vs ongoing damage (1d20=6) [/sblock]

Remove ads