Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Vyrna almost laughs when the bubble of sound burst from the top of the cube and Randal's screaming cry is heard...that is until she realized just what kind of danger Ryan is in. Unlike herself, Ryan needed to breath. Even if he could manage to survive being digested alive by the acidic being in front of her, given enough time, Ryan would suffocate and die.

With those thoughts bringing a boil to the stolen blood within her, the miniature vampiress snarls at the cube and leaps forward, fists smashing the gelatinous mass in an uncontrollable rage.

"If you won't feed on me, then I will feed on you!"

A dark red light begins to shine behind Vyrna's eyes and she bares her fangs at the beast, brings her face in close to the thing and breathes deeply. Ripples of energy drift from the cube and into Vyrna's mouth.

She couldn't drink blood that didn't exist, and trying to swallow the cube's acidic body would be just as damaging as one might think, however, vampires don't just drink blood. In fact, it's not, really, the blood they are after. Rather, it is a beings' life force that is typically held within the blood that a vampire wants, as it quickly converts into necrotic energies within their body and sustains their undead form. In those situations where blood isn't present, vampires have other means of extracting a beings life force.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Charge attack vs Cube using Vampire Slam hits for 19 damage. (Vyrna is at U14 after the charge)
Free: Use Blood Drinker to deal an extra 5 damage. Vyrna gains a healing surge.

Blood Drinker (Encounter No Action Personal ✦ Shadow) Vampire 1
Trigger:
Vyrna hits an enemy with a vampire melee At-Will attack power.
Effect:
The target takes 1d10 extra damage from the triggering attack, and Vyrna gains a healing surge.

Total Damage from Vyrna this turn: 24
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vyrna's Stats]
Vyrna - Revenant (Halfling) Vampire 1
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 15, Will 15
HP 22/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 3/2
Speed 6, Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Vampire Slam, Dark Beckoning, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Blood Drinker, Dark Reaping, Takedown Strike
Daily Powers: Swarm of Shadows
Utility Powers: none [/sblock]

Last edited:

Karlowitch

First Post
OOC:
Ok, thanks for the second(many) opinions ;D ! I am sorry for the inconvenience ;).

To CrimsonFlameWielder: I'll be more than happy if you could take over Ryan in that period. It's nearly a month, going 30dec and returning 27jan.

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Now that we're at it, I'll leaving for my parent's home from December 23rd to January 5th. I don't expect much internet access, but even if I had it I won't have the notes or anything to make maps with.

OOC: No problem Someone! That's only a couple of weeks, so no huge rush. Karlowitch: Great! So I'll go ahead and take over Ryan/Randal starting on the 30th of December (or whenever you post a good-bye message and remind me to get off my tuckus and play both characters =P

OOC: Unfortunately, no. With the rules RAW for attacks, an action has to finish before another can occur (exception: immediate interrupts). So by my understanding, My standard action vampire slam's attack and damage AND push would have to complete before any other action could occur, even free actions. So if I want to use one of my encounter powers in addition to Vampire Slam, she can't push them, as they would be out of range of the encounter power before she could use the free action to activate it.

If I am mistaken on this, and a free action CAN be used before the push is resolved, and THEN the attack can complete, that would be much more beneficial to her powers, and I'd be able to push them around, even when using my encounter abilities.

DM/Judge, could you rule on this please (I'd just like to know going forth so that I know my options).

Dekana

Explorer
Eva wipes the remaining ooze off her legs and then raises her arms, crossing them in a defensive posture.

[sblock=Eva actions / stats]Standard: Total Defense. She gains +2 defenses TSNT Eva.

End of turn: Saving throw vs Immobilized succeeds. (1d20=16).

PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:7
HP:2+18/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1
Conditions
+2 defenses TSNT (not included above)

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Spook
Spirit Rend
[sblock=spellbook]
Darkening Flame, Ray of Enfeeblement
Spirit Rend, Summon Dretch[/sblock][/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
GM: Blood drinker is a no action. Basically, it's an addition to your normal attack and takes place simultaneously. You can push and use it at the same time, but in this case there's no room to push the cube and you can't force an enemy to squeeze into a space

Remove ads