Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Someone

Adventurer
" Aye Lord Charles. How were you men disposed of, what kind of wounds? What do you know about these ancient strongholds, besides that they are ancient? How did they enter the house and breach your palisade? What other noteworthy items did they steal? "

"The wounds, yes. Two of them had large gashes, like those that an axe or a large blade would make. The third was killed by two arrows."

"They must have climbed the palisade and overwhelmed the two guards at the door, then opened it and killed the third guard in the courtyard. About what they stole, well, what was handy and looked valuable; silver plated stuff and other trinkets. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'd say"

Lilli waits for Ryan to finish and then asks, "Master Charles, are there are still some of your trackers out there? Even if not, may we have some sort of warrant identifying us as working for you on this particular search, should we come accross any of your men or allies?"

"Hm, you'll find the tracker tomorrow, I'll see to it. And no warrant is neccesary, nor I have any to give you. We're no fancy nobles from the city and use no uniforms."

"So let me get this straight, your Lordship... You're going to pay us, not to retrieve the staff, but to get revenge on a bunch of jerks who messed with your house... I like your style, sir. You'll have my full cooperation! Are there any 'do's or 'don't's' while we're out there?"

"Justice, not revenge. Very different."

"I'll leave up to your conscience and experience what you do. I merely provide the reward. So, if you're done with the questioning, I reckon you'll want to sleep, so may start early tomorrow."

Karlowitch

First Post
Someone said:
"I'll leave up to your conscience and experience what you do. I merely provide the reward. So, if you're done with the questioning, I reckon you'll want to sleep, so may start early tomorrow."

Ryan ponders on what little information the lord as given them ” Very well, I shall retire to my quarters, unless my companions have something to add to discussion?"
He awaits to see if someone else has something to say. If no one has anything to say, he grabs a plate of food, bottle of wine and leaves for his room.

On his way out Randal spots the bottle of wine the warrior carries ” Ryan, you sly dog ! Planning on paying one of the girls a visit? ” and the animated head sends him a acknowledging wink from the sack but, before the others could hear Ryan's response he was too far away.

Before Ryan could excuse himself, Vyrna did have a question for them all.

"Thank you for the meal, Master Charles," she says, smiling at the older gentleman before looking at him and the rest of the group, "but is there any chance we could start right away? I do so hate to travel during the day, as it blemishes my fine skin. And we sat on those horses and carriage for so long, I'm aching to get started...and besides, traveling during the night and sleeping during the day means that there is a better chance we will get the drop on these bandits once we find them. What say you all?"

Vyrna looked around the room, waiting for the other members' opinions.

Dekana

Explorer
"Oh, I slept on the horse ride over" Eva says improbably to Vyrna. "I don't really have any preparations to make either, you know?" She raises a finger suddenly as she remembers something. "Oh, but the bandits attacked at night, right? So we won't surprise all of them." The elf girl looks troubled by the conundrum.

Vyrna grins rather evilly at Eva's assessment. "That's why it will work. They wouldn't think someone was gutsy enough to use their own tactics against them. They attacked this manor at night because they knew it would have the least guards, the laziest patrols (at least usually, no offense Master Charles), and the easiest access to the perimeter of the property due to the darkness. We can do the same thing to them and eat 'em alive...uhhh...metaphorically speaking anyway..."

If Vyrna's anatomy were actually working like a normal humans, the group would have seen her salivating at that point. However, the perceptive among the group may have noticed a very slight elongation to her canine teeth as she grinned.

Karlowitch

First Post
CrimsonFlameWielder said:
...We can do the same thing to them and eat 'em alive...
Randal jumps up and down in excitement " I second that ! "

CrimsonFlameWielder said:
Vyrna grins rather evilly at Eva's assessment. "That's why it will work. They wouldn't think someone was gutsy enough to use their own tactics against them. They attacked this manor at night because they knew it would have the least guards, the laziest patrols (at least usually, no offense Master Charles), and the easiest access to the perimeter of the property due to the darkness. We can do the same thing to them and eat 'em alive...uhhh...metaphorically speaking anyway..."

Ryan shrugs " I agree that the purpetrators would believe us to be bold. On the otherhand, they might consider us a easy prey, which could provoke them to an attack us and that will give us a better idea of whom we are facing. However, I must point out that during the night, in an unfamiliar area and only vaguely knowing what is out there, they would gain the upper hand and things could get ugly. ".

Ryan pops the wine and takes a deep swig " what ever the group wants is fine by me! " he says with glee in his eyes, hoping to be soon on his way to the outdoors.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
"We've got some way to go looking for beings who may well be children of the night anyway. Setting off now may well put us in their way after a long, long slog. Sorry, I certainly need some sleep first. I offer a compromise. Sleep now, set off in the wee hours around about three bells and rest up at noon, then carry-on a bit later whilst there is still some light to do some tracking. The human trackers can't exactly rely on moonshine, can they?"

Karlowitch

First Post
Neil1889 said:
"We've got some way to go looking for beings who may well be children of the night anyway. Setting off now may well put us in their way after a long, long slog. Sorry, I certainly need some sleep first. I offer a compromise. Sleep now, set off in the wee hours around about three bells and rest up at noon, then carry-on a bit later whilst there is still some light to do some tracking. The human trackers can't exactly rely on moonshine, can they?"
Someone said:
You've spent a long day on a horse, and sleeping while riding or not you feel rather beaten.

Suddenly the warrior yawns "...maybe we should hit the sack and take a small nap then " and once more he leaves for his room " gents and ladies, wake me up when you need me "

[sblock=OOC]maybe it just best to sleep now and continue in the morning as the Lord James suggests.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads