• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thurgan
"Hello . . . name's Thurgan . . . darn practice is tough to break."

Troi gives Thurgan his traditional greeting, smiling. "Welcome to the club, Thurgan."

"So, I'm guessin' we still 've some traveling to do, otherwise this was a short trip."

"Yep, we got a ways to go yet." Troi says, nodding. "Twenty-some miles south, south-east a town, there's a vinyard. A shipment or somethin' got destroyed, and we're gonna go find out how. And maybe why."

"'fore we do that, though, we gotta go talk to the guy who reported the missin' shipment. Name a Fenton, owns a shop down in th' Avenue a Merchants. Gonna go talk to 'im 'fore we head out."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Originally posted by Troi
" 'fore we do that, though, we gotta go talk to the guy who reported the missin' shipment. Name a Fenton, owns a shop down in th' Avenue a Merchants. Gonna go talk to 'im 'fore we head out."

"Fair 'nough. Is Fenton paying for the service or someone else? Either way, doesn't matter much, though I like to look inta the boss's eye and see if we're gettin' paid," Thurgan said.

"Ya know, I really have no idea what I'll be doin' today . . . kinda nice feeling for once," Thurgan commented to Troi.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thurgan
"Fair 'nough. Is Fenton paying for the service or someone else? Either way, doesn't matter much, though I like to look inta the boss's eye and see if we're gettin' paid."

Troi shrugs. "Dunno. I have no clue as to what's goin' on, y'know? That's why we're headin' down to Fenton's, we're gonna figure all that out down there."

"Ya know, I really have no idea what I'll be doin' today . . . kinda nice feeling for once."

Troi nods. "Not knowin' what's gonna happen is all part a the fun of adventurin', I suppose. Anything's possible."

Thels

First Post
Troi
Troi nods. "I'm not sayin' that there aren't enough a us. I'm just sayin' that I'd rather not leave 'im behind, y'know? I got no problem with goin' out the way we are."

Zoe nods "Yeah, but when I was in the inn this morning, he was still sleeping with his head on the bar, and we can't wait forever, can we?"

OOC: I think we can safely call Grak MIA by now.

Troi
"Heh..." Troi says, rubbing his chin. "Well, y'know that money problem I was tellin' ya 'bout the other day? Well, I still got that problem. Part a why I'm doin' this, y'know? For the cash."

"Yeah, I remember. But maybe there's a few others with some coins to spare. I'm willing to pay everyone back out of my own cut at the end, taking responsibility for the donkey, if we buy it, that is."

Thurgan
The somewhat-tall burly dwarf entered the shop, Edwyrd's Victuals, and rounded to the area Troi was at, talking with the others. "Hello . . . name's Thurgan . . . darn practice is tough to break," Thurgan muttered deeply as he approached.

Zoe looks around to the newcomer and introduces herself with her usual smile: "Hi Thurgan, I'm Zoe, recently graduated follower of Hyrag." as she sticks out her hand towards him.

Thurgan
"Fair 'nough. Is Fenton paying for the service or someone else? Either way, doesn't matter much, though I like to look inta the boss's eye and see if we're gettin' paid," Thurgan said.

Zoe shrughs as the conversation starts to go about money. Troi said they'll get payed, so she's fine with Troi handling business.

Thurgan
"Ya know, I really have no idea what I'll be doin' today . . . kinda nice feeling for once," Thurgan commented to Troi.

"Yeah, same here. Venture into the unexpected", Zoe grins.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan nods in Zoe's direction and says, "Zoe." by way of greeting.

"I'm ready when ya'll are," Thurgan finished.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Zoe
"Yeah, but when I was in the inn this morning, he was still sleeping with his head on the bar, and we can't wait forever, can we?"

Troi nods. "Well, if he ain't comin' along, then he ain't comin' along. Like ya said, we can't wait forever."

OoC: Yep, I agree - he hasn't been around for a few days, and the show must go on.

"Yeah, I remember. But maybe there's a few others with some coins to spare. I'm willing to pay everyone back out of my own cut at the end, taking responsibility for the donkey, if we buy it, that is."

Troi nods. "I dunno if that'd be necessary. If we all use it, we should all chip in to buy it, y'know? No need for ya to pay everybody else back."

"Yeah, same here. Venture into the unexpected."

Troi seems to consider saying something, then shakes his head. "Well, I s'pose... we should probably get goin' soon, y'know? Once we're all introduced, and whatnot."

Velmont

First Post
Troi
"So... everybody's here 'cept Grak, right?" He looks to each of the group. "Yep, everybody but Grak. Well, as much as I'd like to wait for the guy, we got quite a hike ahead a us, y'know? Goin' twenty-some miles ain't easy, an' we gotta get a good start 'fore the sun gets too high."

"I've left a message for him just in case he woke up early enough to catch us, but with the smell he had when we left the Inn, I think he need to get ride of at least one more barrel of alcool who is streaming in his vein, so we should not expect him to show up."

Thurgan
"Hello . . . name's Thurgan . . . darn practice is tough to break,"

"Hi Thurgan, nice to meet you. In case you forgot my name, it is Rinaldo di Senzio."

Zoe

"Well, if I want to have at least some silvers in case of urgency, I can spare you 4 gold I think, but if we are lucky, I could exchange a few spices for a donkey, and we would have to spend no money. Let's see if I can get out with a deal. I'll do it fast."

Rinaldo enter the shop and start to talk with the shopkeeper. He tries to exchange some spices he have left in stock to have a donkey and some rations and water enough for two days.

OOC: I try to exhange any spices I have for the donkey , 12 days-person of rations (means enough food for two day for the group) and 6 waterskins full of water.

Last edited:

OoC:Moving you all along to the Launch Pad...

IC: The trip to Fenton's Wines&Spirits is an easy one, along streets filled with merchants and apprentices just beginning the day's routine. Finding the establishment is easy enough, with a Sign proclaiming it's wares visible a block away.
Inside, several young men (and one young dwarf) are busy stocking bottles and small parcels onto various shelves, whilst a sweating man, about 45 years of age and with a head sporting a scant few strands of hair stands to one side directing.
'We shall be open for business in a half an hour, good folk.' he says at first, then he notices the Posting in Troi's hand. Smiling, he wipes his hands upon his apron and waves you in and t a counter off to one side.
'Well,well. I hadn't expected someone to take my Job quite so soon. I must say that I am pleased.I am Walther Fenton, Owner of this establishment. '
After a moment (and signalling for one of the lads to bring mulled wine and small honey cakes), Fenton says 'My problem is this.My Partners, Vingarius Vinyards have suddenly ceased shipments. Now, in the past, various problems have arisen that stalled a shipment here or there, but Adolphus Vingarius is a close friend of mine.We play Chess every wee, you see, discuss the Trade and such. Aldplphus didn't show two days past to the Game. Adolphus hasn't missed a game in 14 years. I am worried that there has befallen him and his family something nefarious, and I am willing to pay for Information.I am offering a fronted fee of 300 Gold Crowns <GP> for you to go out there and see what is afoot. There is more pay depending upon what you find. If something nasty has happened and yo are able to set things right, I, and Adolphus (may he and his family be well) will compensate you as well. There is to be no looting of his Estate, however. If something is amiss, I am sure that the Authorities may well reward you additionally. As well, I will offer these.
Walther pulls forth a small box, opens it showing 3 vials in a padded setting, each copper with a steel stopper.'These are from a Priest that I am friends with, he has offered them towards the Job as well'.
<3 Potions Cure Light Wounds 1D8+1>

'So, what do you say? I can offer the loan of several horses as well, as speed is of utmost concern to me, though I would have them back at journeys end, as I am not a richman, and they are less than easy to replace'

<300GP,2 Potions of CLW 1D8+1, 5 horses-loaned, with a promise of more Gold depending on what you find>

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi nods. "Three-hundred gold, that's sixty apiece... err, fifty. Yeah, fifty, 'cause there's six of us..." He shrugs. "Anyway. Sounds good to me. You're providin' horses, so we could probably be there by... what, this afternoon?"

"Yeah. We'll take the job. My name's Troi Delmontes, and these are my associates... Felix, Zoe, Thurgan, Rinaldo, and Velbrik." He gestures to each of them as he names them.

"So, do ya accept our offer?" He offers his hand to Fenton.

Fenton smiles and shakes Troi's offered hand It's a Deal, I'll provide aMap to the Vingarius Estate. As well, I do have a sturdy Pony that I could loan you as wel. That'd be six steeds in all.

Remove ads