• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Dekana

Explorer
Hello all. I'm out of town until saturday July 7. Sorry for the inconvenience. I thought I would have interet access but that wasn't the case I believe that characters still ha e to post their moves anyway so the wait shouldn't be that long. (posting via phone)
OOC: I thought I should repost this here. Have a good week, dimsdale!

Dekana

Explorer
Eva is astonished at the young girl who has just dropped in on the group, first at how easily she recovers from that kind of fall, and then by her strong (if mixed) spirit. In any case, it's the perfect opportunity to try to be a hero.

The elf girl waves cordially to Merri. "Hiya! Don't worry, I'm not with those meanies, whoever they are. I'd love to ask how you ended up here, but, well, you know..." She looks to the side and sighs, annoyed by some apparent interruption. "We should probably first deal with that hideous monster standing right behind you."

Rapida

First Post
[sblock]
I'll be on a business trip for the next two weeks. I don't expect it will effect my posting ability, but if I appear absent feel free to NPC my turns.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Merri stands and turns just in time to dodge one of the lashing tentacles of the horrific beast.

OOC: I assumed that everyone maxed out their hp. I took the liberty of adjusting character remaining surges. Also, I'm going to assume that the 6 healing potions were divided 2 a piece for Graven, Eva and Ignus

[sblock=mechanics]
Heros Turn
Eva:
Ignus: Delays turn
Merri:
Graven:

Total Damage to Enemy:

Baddies turn:
Carrion Crawler
Movement: Move to current location
Attack: Reach 2; +10 vs Merri's Fort; 1d4 + 5 damage, and the target takes
ongoing 5 poison and is slowed (save ends both)
Merri: Miss (Roll 14)

Total Damage to Allies:
None
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Palyers
Eva
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:17, Will:15 -- Speed:7
HP:32/32 +2 TEMP, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +2
Action Points: 0

Ignus
Initiative: +4, Speed: 6 Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 12
HP:28/28, Bloodied: 14 , Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/10
Action Points: 0

Merri:

Graven
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 15, Will: 14
+2 saves against ongoing damage
HP: 35/35 Temp 0, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 8/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: unused

Enemies:
Carrion Crawler: 81/81
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats]
Carrion Crawler
HP 81; Bloodied 40
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Refl ex 18, Will 17
Speed 6, climb 6 (spider climb)
m Tentacles (standard; at-will) ✦ Poison
Reach 2; +10 vs. Fortitude; 1d4 + 5 damage, and the target takes
ongoing 5 poison and is slowed (save ends both). First Failed
Saving Throw: The target is immobilized instead of slowed (save
ends). Second Failed Saving Throw: The target is stunned instead of
immobilized (save ends). Saving throws made against the carrion
crawler’s paralytic tentacles take a –2 penalty.
M Bite (standard; at-will)
+12 vs. AC; 1d10 + 5 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Summary]
Quest
Hired to blow up a portal that connects the Isles to the Valley of the Bone

Summary
Move through an underground passage encountering rats
Killed rats. Graven found a new sword
Successfully crossed a log bridge
Investigated a pile of bones in a river bed only to be ambushed by two trap door spiders.
[/sblock]

ooc: It's your turn

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
Graven launches a dazzling orb of color at the monster before moving forward to place himself between the monster and the newcomer.[sblock="actions"]Standard: Color Orb vs CC will - 1d20+5=16Miss
Move: to I6
Minor: Aegis of Shielding on CC[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Graven Male Warforged Hybrid Swordmage/Wizard (Good)
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 15, Will: 14
+2 saves against ongoing damage

Vitality
HP: 40/40, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges Left: 8/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Aegis Blade Longsword: 1d8+3
Ranged Basic Attack: Magic Missile - 6 damage

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Missile, Booming Blade
Cantrips: Mage Hand, Light, Presdigitation, Ghost Sound
Encounter: Aegis of Shielding (Special), Cold Strike, [-]Color Orb[/b], Dimensional Vortex, Warforged Resolve
Daily: Vanishing Blade, Guardian Blades

Weapons:
Aegis Blade Longsword - 1d8+1
Longsword - 1d8

Conditions:

Living Construct - No need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep
Unsleeping Watcher - 4 hours of inactivity counts as an extended rest
Warforged Resolve - +2 bonus to saves against ongoing damage
Sword Bond - Can call sword to hand from 10 squares away as a minor action
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid) - Regain use of swordmage aegis if target dies[/sblock][sblock="Immediate Interrupt"]If an enemy marked by Graven's Aegis of Shielding makes an attack against an ally that does not include Graven as a target and the enemy is within 10 squares of Graven, Graven uses an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to one creature by 9.[/sblock]
OOC: @dimsdale: Just an FYI for stats - I have 40 max hp after leveling

Dekana

Explorer
"Oh, you there!" Eva points her staff at the ground next to the carrion crawler, apparently speaking to one of the corpses. "I know you must have had a hard day, but can you help us fight that thing too?"

The crystal at the tip of Eva's staff glows a sick purple-black color, and then human corpse stirs! "Ugggghhhhhhh..." it moans in a voice filled with pain and despair. The undead, a young human man in the earlier stages of decay, crawls toward the carrion crawler and bites viciously at its soft belly.

The zombie then collapses to the ground, most of the magic animating it already having expended. Still, he has enough use of his arms to tug at the carrion crawler's legs as it tries to maneuver.

[sblock=Eva actions / stats]Standard: Restless Dead vs Carrion Crawler hits Reflex 19 for 8 damage, Eva gains THP, and the squares adjacent to it are difficult terrain for Eva's enemies TENT Eva (so basically, the crawler can't shift next turn). (1d20+8=19; 1d8+6=8)

PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 3
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:17, Will:15 -- Speed:7
HP:2+32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Color Spray, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Shield, Spook
Summon Dretch

[sblock=spellbook]Encounter (2): Color Spray (3), Cordon of Bones (3), Darkening Flame (1), Ray of Enfeeblement (1)
Daily (1): Spirit Rend (1), Summon Dretch (1)
Utility (1): Shield (2), Summon Shadow Serpent (2)[/sblock]Notes: +2 damage rolls vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Oh. My. Gosh. You guys are heroes!"

Merri starts beaming. Her sense of happiness is as easy to read on her face as it is emanating out from her in invisible pulses of happiness.

"Well, I've done some adventure like stuff before with my friends, Caim and the witch and the fairy. I can help!"

Merri reaches into her pouch at her side and draws a normal sized rapier from the small bag as if it was the most normal of things. She then approaches the tentacled monster and stabs it.

Very pleased with herself, the positive energy rolls off her again. Graven finds himself buffered by the positive emotions.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Retrieve Rapier from her bag.

Movement: Shift to I-5

Standard: Energizing Strike (augment 0) vs. carrion crawler: 1d20+9, 1d8+5 → ([12, 9], [2, 5]) Roll. Hit AC 21 for 7 damage. Graven gains 4 THP.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's mini-stats]Merri- Female Human Hybrid Ardent/Vampire 3

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12

AC 18 For: 15 Ref: 16 Will: 18

HP: 29/34 Bloodied: 17 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 2

Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Elven
Action Point: 1
Power Points: 2

Powers:
Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge, Second Wind, Sympathetic Agony, Blood Drinker
Lingering Fury, Brooch of Shielding, Onyx Dog

Notable Effects:
Resist Force 10. Vulnerable Radiant 5
Allies within 5 squares get +2 to Diplomacy, Intimidate and +1 to OA damage rolls.
Gains regeneration 4 if bloodied. [/sblock]

Remove ads