Adventures from Tacnar (IC thread)

Manzanita

First Post
rowena

OOC: Having trouble posting a reply

Rowena bows to the King, and takes the opportunity of his talk to detect evil in him and her new companions.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

Has Rowena heard any rumors about the King or the Prince? Is he well thougth of?

"Thank you sire, for the opportunity to help this city. I would like a horse myself before we leave. By the way, how will we recognize the prince when we see him?"

kuroshidaku

First Post
Guuk picks himself a horse, saddles it up and jumps on. Though his riding is fair, he doesn't particularily love riding on a beast, and impatiently waits for everyone, checking the action of his crossbow.

shaff

First Post
See the RG thread for party alignment. The king is pretty good as well, nothing too unnatural. And the king states that his son will be the only human in the goblin camp, but if nothing else, he has a signet ring and amulet with the family seal.

As said there are horses in the stable to pick from, you all get 1 or ride ur own and u meet up with the ranger guide there. He introduces himself and leads u on your way.

You ride out for a bit, until you are out of sight of Tacnar. Its still dark, assuming your going to make camp since you cant be seen from town which was the main problem. You make it through the night without incident and wake up refreshed from finishing the rest u were having the former night which was interupted by the gaurds.

Your guide tells you that you should get going. The longer you wait the less chance the priince has of living.

You all break camp and get moving along aa somewhat beaten path. Occasionaly the ranger bends down to track what seems invisible to you all. This ranger seems to be well prepared for the task at hand. You all notice that his bow seems better than everyone elses items.... it very very well made and looks difficult to string, although he has no trouble with it. After riding for a bit it looks like the thing that the ranger was looking at were tracks, but are only now evident to everyone else. He says they are goblin tracks, and you all take his word for it.

You continue to ride for a while no sayin how long... But finally u come into sight of the forest in which the goblins are supposed to reside. The ranger confirms that this is in fact that forest. There seems to be a smaller form about 300' from the edge of the forest sitting on a rock with his head in his hands... You are about 200' away from him and he doesnt seem to notice you... He is also making noises in the sound of a large whimper. When you get to about 100' from him he looks up... seeing you he stands up and looks to the forest as if he is going to run, but then thinks better of it and crouches hiding behind the rock (its a pretty big rock). He didnt look like he had any weapons on him and looked very frightened when he spotted you. He also didnt look like he was the normal size of a goblin, he looked smaller, like a runt.

OODM: Rathan will now RP the ranger guide, and i also need all spellcasters and anyone else with spells to list what spells they have prepared for today in this thread. If anyone had anything to do over the night just tell me and it probably wont be a problem. If there is anything else just speak up.

bruin

First Post
OOC: Shaff, I forgot to choose a bonus language for my halfling. Any chance I can choose Goblin, or would that be a little too convenient? My cleric's prepared spells are: Change Self(Trickery Domain), Protection From Evil, Bless, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance.

"That little bugger sounds like 'e might be hurt, or maybe 'e's just as frightened of 'is mates as 'e is of us" Galen said. "Hold up a minute. Maybe I can trick 'im into thinking I'm one of his kin, heal up whatever ails 'im. Then he might be very talkative, if you take my meanin'. But if we all goes ridin' up to him, packin' all these swords, who know what the little bugger'll do."

Galen will wait to see what the others say.

OOC: his plan is to cast Change Self on himself, wanting to look like a goblin, and then go speak to him.

Last edited:

shaff

First Post
OODM: it is a bit too convinient, but go ahead, i guess having someone else besides your guide who can speak goblin wouldnt be too bad. I forgot to tell rathan to take goblin, so if he didnt, ill give it to him free, since he will need it. So now bruin and rathan's characters speak goblin, on top of whoever else does.

kuroshidaku

First Post
Guuk growls at the sight of the creature, and trains his crossbow on the rock.

"Go ahead, try to talk to it. If you raise your hand and I can see it, i'll take it as a sign to fire. Make sure you keep your distance from it." he says in a low murmor.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

"Excellent idea, my small friend. If you give a shout or the raised hand signal, we will charge to your aid." Rowena tries to quiet her steed, and readies her sword and shield for a charge.

Thels

First Post
Eclyssia looks a bit bewildered at all the weapons being drawn. "Why do we want to fight with it? Can't we just settle it in peace? Maybe we'll scare him and he'll run away. How are we gonna find the prince then? I got a better idea."

Eclyssia dismounts her pony, draws a pinch of sand from one of the pouches on her side, looks at the rock the goblin used for cover and starts chanting for a spell.

OOC: Sleep spell, targeted right behind the rock.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonathon watches the little one start casting a spell and shakes his head "Oh, great going. We all know how talkative people are when you start casting magic spells at them." He looks over at Galen. "Don't you think that's a much better idea than going and talking to it?" He asks, for a moment acting like a typical, sarcastic teen.

Remove ads