• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Advice for way of the wicked?

Drathir

First Post
while the point is moot now that its done did Havelyn smite the AP? if so did u remember AP-pally smite does the same as if they were evil dragons/outsiders (ie first hit in a round is + lvlx2 not just lvl)? Thats actually the only reason my groups AP survived... cause at this point he was willing to walk around in his clerics vestments/MW full plate that just looked bad while proudly wearing his Unholy symbol. Regardless that fight is almost always satisfying, i mean that man is a beast.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Yeah used smite on him. I wasnt aware of the X2 though...Ouch. He would have exploded all over the wall if it was double:p. The anti pali tried to smite back.But he rolled low and didnt even hit.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Oh and yeah varning survived. They forgot they also left 3 soldiers alive in the same room who were just unconscious due to color spray .Muhahahahahahaha! So on their boat trip leaving the fort they are going to see a rider with him strapped to the back of his horse riding parallel to them give them a look and then turn away and ride off. Just to let them know he will be back. And he will be stronger than before!

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Yeah. Although it might be difficult squeezing a mostly mounted enemy in though. I mean he i decent with hid bow but nothing outstanding. And I will have to lvl him to make a challenge the next time they meet. any idea on what I should do with varning to make him more challenging?

Mr.E_Danger

First Post
How many times has your party fought Varney and he lived? I would think that all of his run ins with the PCs have given him an insight into how they fight. or what their strengths or weaknesses might be.

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
He's run into them 3 times so far. He only got hit in that last encounter 2. Hah. How should I lvl him I wonder though? Should I actually put some lvls of ranger on him?

Fooly_Cooly

First Post
Hmm. Cavalier might be interesting. But I think I will throw him in as an archer type character with 1 of the adventuring groups I read shows up in the second book :). So lvl him up 1 or 2 times and add either a little ranger or some more fighter....It would take qiute a few lvls of ranger before he really started seeing any benefits from it though. If possible I will try to keep varning alive throughout the campaign. That pestering do gooder he keeps coming to thwart their plans. Make him learn from his failures and grow stronger with each encounter.

Drathir

First Post
truthfully Fooly id throw him into the sons of balentyne then, read the tactics of the mage... works well for ur plans, also while a few lvl of rangers may be needed for better benefits if the party is mostly humans or something one level will give him +2 atk and dmg. Also since you plan on bringing him back over and over this gives better chance for higher ranger level. They have destroyed his post and his commander, argueably they have besmirched his name and standing in the military... let him hunt, let them Know that fear... or death if things go well for him.

As GM go ahead and do slight respec if you want Archer Varning... focus/spec lance for bow and what not... which is a better reason to put him in the last group... time for proper training. Also if bow ditch spirited charge for point blank or something to help the prereqs. Just suggestions for what you could do... i like the hunter idea and wish he had survived my group... of course its hard to survive a rogue going Assassin with an invisibility potion, especially at night.

Last edited:

Remove ads