• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against Nockmort!

BSF

Explorer
Immovable Rods aren't quite immovable, but they are damned hard to move! I do think that with a good plan and clear goals, you guys will do fine. I have seen you guys, as a group, pull off some pretty fun stuff.

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
Well how about a bit more refined then. Lets get a plan for talking and a backup plan to run/engage.

What do we want to say to Nockmort?

"Nockmort, We're SOL an adventuring group here to help you!" :)

Not

I'm not to sure what we're going to say to him to make an impression. but I do have a plan incase we piss him off.

I think we should shut the door with the Immovable rod. Use that time to buff and heal as much as possible as quick as possible. Then if we're headstrong engage nockmort. WE should rush him with everyone who is melee and try to keep him supressed and flanked. We'll need every advantage we can get. Then if we can't bring him down or we start to lose we should make a fighting retreat.

Before engaging him we should use any potions that will help, buff whenever and whereever possible.
We may be able to grapple Nockmort as a group - just an idea. (probably unlikely.)

Meowzebub

First Post
We could fess up to what we have done today, but provide a different reason for why we have done so. Like we tracked a Naga here that we had vowed revenge on. Or have been looking for pieces of the starmetal that we saw fall. Saying we want startmetal might be the most innocent, as he does not know we have killed the Naga, unless he heard about 5 fireballs detonating :heh: .

I would not confess to releasing his prisoner yesterday or killing his ettin.

Meanwhile, work on summoning the Fire Elemental continues while we stall.

Macbeth

First Post
Hey guys, I just found out there's a birthday party for a few of my friends who all have birthdays in the last week of October on October 28th, the day we were planning on playing the SoL game again. there had also been talk about doing a Hollowen horror game that friday, so I was going to ask if there was any chance of doing that instead. If we do play the SoL game, there's a good chance I'll still make it (they're not really really close friends), but it would be easier if I wasn't missing the big Nockmort battle.

If we do stick with Nockmort, I'll still probably make the session, as I can miss the party, or, maybe, get them to move it to Saturday (not sure if that'll work, since there's a lot of people), but just wanted to put an idea forward.

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
Really I'm not going to make a big deal about it. I'm really anticipating the Nockmort battle and would like to finish it ASAP but if it's gonig to be a problem for some people we can wait. :) Whatever!

But I did have a question for BSF - Because I technically didn't lose any XP - can I adjust Gelvin to 6th (Where he would have been) Or am I stuck with what he's got now? :)

Last edited:

Russ

First Post
Oceas has 1 flask of oil left, along with a torch and some cloth to burn. He also has a Spiritual weapon spell and 2 more spells. Either 2 healing, a healing and an offensive, or 2 offensive spells. If we use one of the flaming potions on my trident it could provide some bonus damage as I have a +10 to hit but only do a d8 +3 damage as is.

Also- Dave, I am still carrying around that magic metal shield from a while back. What are the bonuses/traits of this baby.

Either way I can use this shield and Seiche (my trident) and take front line if needed.

I think destroying the rock on his chest is a great idea. It may free his mind or just piss him off but it's worth a shot. If somebody wants to talk to him, go ahead but talk fast. If it doesn't look like he's convinced not to attack us I'd like to hit him before he hits us.

Slam the door shut and talk thru the door while we prepare. Use the rod to help hold it. Other than that I'm open for suggestions as well

BSF

Explorer
Fists.o.Fury said:
Really I'm not going to make a big deal about it. I'm really anticipating the Nockmort battle and would like to finish it ASAP but if it's gonig to be a problem for some people we can wait. :) Whatever!

Hmm, I would like to finish up the battle, but I will leave it up to the group to decide.

Perhaps as an alternative for that night we could do a one-shot of a different game? I would actually have an interest in trying out Feng Shui. Basically it is martial arts/action movie fast paced action. It looks fun.

I leave it up to the group consensus though.

But I did have a question for BSF - Because I technically didn't lose any XP - can I adjust Gelvin to 6th (Where he would have been) Or am I stuck with what he's got now? :)
Nope! We didn't decide on anything until after the adventure started. For that matter, we didn't decide on anything until just before this battle. If we were going to adjust one PC, we would need to adjust them all. Then I would need to rescale Nockmort to accomodate a much higher party average level.

That's a lot of work to worry about.

BSF

Explorer
Russ said:
Also- Dave, I am still carrying around that magic metal shield from a while back. What are the bonuses/traits of this baby.

Umm, more information please? Which shield from where? There have certainly been several opportunities for you guys to grab shields thoughout the game and off the top of my head I don't know which one you are talking about.

This is one of the reasons why it is good to try to identify items quickly. That way you know what you have instead of having mystery item X in pack Y with PC Z.

Remove ads