• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against Nockmort!

Macbeth

First Post
If everybody else is for playing, I can make it. It's just a hrd decision, and if we can make it easy by having a one shot, then I won't be there. If I have to make the tough decision, I think I'll be there.

Meowzebub

First Post
I will be there, but not forcing a decision on anyone. I am always up for learning something new if it comes to that. Like, I got a copy of iron heroes just waiting to get its spine cracked. I have not heard of Fung Shui, but I could give it a kick.

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
Well... I thought more people were going to show up for the Agent's campaign but I guess I was misguided! :) It was fun! In any case after discussing it for a bit I think we have a good plan to deal with Nockmort.

First I think we should give the talking a chance. I honestly think this is going to fail. Nockmort is, after all, an insane treant bent on destroying our species. But It could work! If this fails we should immediately close the doors and lock/hold them with the immovable rod and extra pushing if need be. During this small amount of time we have we buff up (Using potions, healing, bless, lighting torches and just generally preparing) for a few rounds. I'd say no more then three or four. Once we're satisfied with what we have we should use any time sensitive materials (such as the flaming potions) just before we open the door. At the same time we should have Oceas cast his vigor spell. The vigor spell will last 17 rounds giving 1 point of healing per round. Keep in mind with our current death rules the only way you can die is by failing your fortitude save by 10 points. If you consistently get healing you are able to stay in the combat without ever truly being disabled. With that we should engage Nockmort from a range when ever possible.

Oceas should use Sieche and Luvain should using throwing weapons while Deigh attempts to hold the front line (Full defensive actions really help! :)) Gelvin will either assist Deigh or use his bow, and when the time is right try and move in for a sunder. We need to keep Nockmort in the entry way where his manuverability is minimal. We want to keep him from moving through our front line and engaging anyone else. Ceru and Kind need to use any spells they can then start using any ranged weapons, of any kind, they can on Nockmort. (Keep Oil and Torches in mind!)

Also before opening the door and if we have enough oil we can cover the entry way floor and try and set a trap for Nockmort. If we can get him to step into a puddle of Oil then light it that would only be to our advantage.

I think with the Vigor in place and some buffing/healing we can make this battle work out with minimal losses. The vigor will likely keep everyone in the battle for it's duration and with the flaming potions and all of the ranged attacks we can dish out we can bring Nockmort down. What's everyone think?

Last edited:

Macbeth

First Post
Deigh's got max ranks in tumble, so he'll get that nice bonus to defense. Plus, Total Defense is a standard action, so Deigh can still tumble around to get his Skirmish bonus (+1 AC, +2d6 Damage). Deigh's AC vs. Nockmort (declared as his dodge) would be 27 (assuming he can get at least 10 feet of movement). Sounds like a grea way to avoid damage, assuming Nockmort is stupid enough to just attack Deigh. The downsid is, with total defense, Deigh can't take AoOs, so Nockmort can just walk past.

Fighting defensively is also an option. -4 attack, +2 AC. Gives Deigh AC 23 against Nockmort, and allows him to keep attacking, making him an actual threat to Nockmort. plus, I doubt Nockmort is much of a tumbler, so Deigh can take an AoO if Nockmort tries to move past.

I'd say Deigh will Figh Defensively for the first few rounds, and see how that goes. If he's still getting hit too often, he'll move to Total Defense.

Wow. AC 23, or even AC 27. We may have a fighting chance afetr all. Sounds like a plan.

Russ

First Post
On top of that you'll have the vigor healing every round. So if you do get knocked down you'll probably be up just as quick. I think this is our best bet! :)

Oh... I know this is odd but this is actually Brandon. I'm on mikes computer who is currently signed in under russ. But anyway... yeah.

Remove ads