Age of Worms AP (pathfinder system)- FULL, sorry

ghostcat

First Post
It seems Padreigh and s@squ@tch aren;t ready so I skipped over tehm for now, (really weird is s@s's equipment looks excatly like WD's hmm... LOL)

Galyne:

* Hero points spot need under game info
* +2 to any one ability not listed please put it under racial traits: +2 to any one ability - DEX raised or something like that
* Have your weight carried at 63.5lbs
* Have money spent at 115gp, 7sp, 2cp, and leftovr at 34gp, 2sp, 8cp
* please put a link to starting gp in your tracking I think it is on page three of this thread thanks
* what is Ekujae Reflexes??
* CMD is 17 not +17 (I did that too, lol)
* Will should have +2 [racial*] *vs enchantments only
* Under weapons you have listed the +1 damage but not the +1 to hit you shouldn't list either though. Just copy-p this after the range -

Special: PBS(feat) +1 to hit and damage at ranges up to 30'

* Under racial traits need the +2 as mentioned above and Size, Speed, Low-light vision, +2 to save vs enchanments, and list your two favored classes after multitalented
* can list wild empathy as 1d20+1
* skills you have +3[survival] listed after following tracks I think that is your class skill bonus right?

Ok somehow in the past hour I had no threads to check go to 10?? So I need to check in and then head to dinner jkason let me know when your character is ready I will give it the once over tonight.

HM

_

I think that's Done.

Weight and Money was correct. I'd forgot to add a dagger.

Elven/Ekujae Reflexes is in the PF OGC. I've just realised its cassed as fan contents, so if its not allowed, I'll find another Trait.

2nd Favoured Class. Still deciding. At the present time I am planing to go straight Ranger. However, I may decide to take a PRc. So, its a case of deciding if I take a PRc which one and which base class will I need to go with it.

ghostcat

First Post
PCGEN.

I have a customised outputsheet, which more or less produces HM's character sheet. Having trouble with attributes and feats, so these have to be hand edited. If anyone's interested I'll post a copy. Although it needs a bit of tarting up so it'll be a day or so.

fireinthedust

Explorer
updated! Character sheet is up.

Shayuri: what do you think of the initial meeting? Obviously it goes well, we decide to team up; I just figured a dramatic entrance is always good.

Shayuri

First Post
Fire, let us say that Arven discovers Aria's body near the abandoned mineshaft while he's out exploring or whatever it is rangers do. He thought her dead at first, but she briefly regained consciousness and looked around before fading again. He took her to the temple of Pelor, and there their paths diverged again for a time.

At this point we should pause and see how our GM plans to bring the PC's together, but Arven would recognize her on seeing her again. Aria would most likely not, but he might seem familiar to her for some reason...

Alternatively, if you want him to have visited her at her cottage and delivered his speech, that can have happened to. Her reply (which I can provide if we decide to go this route) will have satisfied him enough to refrain from killing her...and there again they go their separate ways until the GM brings them together again.

Whuddya think?

fireinthedust

Explorer
Fire, let us say that Arven discovers Aria's body near the abandoned mineshaft while he's out exploring or whatever it is rangers do. He thought her dead at first, but she briefly regained consciousness and looked around before fading again. He took her to the temple of Pelor, and there their paths diverged again for a time.

At this point we should pause and see how our GM plans to bring the PC's together, but Arven would recognize her on seeing her again. Aria would most likely not, but he might seem familiar to her for some reason...

Alternatively, if you want him to have visited her at her cottage and delivered his speech, that can have happened to. Her reply (which I can provide if we decide to go this route) will have satisfied him enough to refrain from killing her...and there again they go their separate ways until the GM brings them together again.

Whuddya think?

I like both ideas; finding a near-dead woman and bringing her to safety would be something he'd do, but then not think about. Human business after all, and he's an outsider. Time passes, he wanders in search of adventure, learns more about the area, the miners, the nature of the humans of Diamond Lake.
There I'd say they could part ways; he'd remember her (19 Int, so I'm thinking genius-level facial recognition/memory at least), but unless there was something about her that would have triggered his Knowledge: Arcana...?

GM thoughts?

The cottage discussion, however, strikes me as the sort of event that starts fires. Good fires. I think it should happen as close to the start of the campaign as we can.
What if it didn't end in violence, or door slamming? What if the direct confrontation, the blunt question-asking, became a conversation?

I see Avren (decided today the r is after the v) as the type who'd sit down and try to learn as much about what's going on as possible. He remembers her, and now she's what, a sorceress? That's something that needs study. The suggestion? Get some money and ask the wizard (a sage who charges 20gp per question) what the deal with her is; that may mean an adventure. However, as Avren is a student of magic and curious about the nature of undeath, he literally has nothing better to do than figure this out.

If she's not slobberingly evil, he'd offer his help. Then, if our GM likes this idea, we could start the adventure with said question in our minds, and that plan (scrape together 20gp somehow/adventure with a group).

Shayuri

First Post
Arven's visit wouldn't end in violence unless he started it :)...and if he was not quick to judge, she'd be almost pathetically willing to converse with him. For all that her experiences have changed her, somewhere in her is still the gregarious bard-to-be that she once was. The ostracization she's suffering is painful to her.

So your idea is a good one for getting Aria hooked in.

That said, lets see what the GM is cooking up before we officially add it to the backgrounds.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
PCgen: wow, didn't know about it until just now, and I'm liking it! Can I simply post the statblock here, or do you want the breakdown?

If I knew what you were talking about I could give you an answer but I have no clue, sorry.

Magic Items and/or Feats: can I design my own? I have a sword I'd eventually like him to have, to transform spells into weapon damage.

A little ahead of ourselves but I won't say no this early in the game. If you have the ability (feat and resources) then you may.

Treasure: if we're cutting out minor combats, will we be getting treasure from those battles shifted elsewhere? I have scrolls I"ll need to scribe, and magic items to design.

That is what I will be doing but don't think of it as getting the extra reward even though you didn't have the encounter. Think of it more like the GM is rewarding you for completeing the adventure goal and the goal of the game. (Goal of the game = Have fun)

EVERYONE: This is pbp and it takes long enough as is, I wish to keep the game moving not only by taking out a few encounters but by making sure you all know that you need not kill everything you come across to advance. Once the goal of an adventure is reached you will level up. And I figure everyone will stay focused on the goal this way because it doesn't matter if you go and kill a 100 orcs lead by a red dragon, you will still be lvl whatever until you take and complete whatever the adventure goal is.

Will the two parties know of each other? Are we competing? And if we have player drop-offs, at what point will you decide to merge the two groups?

Man wouldn't I love to beable to do something like this. But the game isn't designed well for it. The main reason is locations. Once a group goes through a location the second group would be pretty much playing catch up in the main adventure as the key objects and key personas will have been found or takin care of. I still have time and am still looking into it.

Now about background. Truth be told I was sad when I saw Shayuri had posted in the RG but there was no background. I was really excited to read it as I am all of Shay's work. So I was sad but reading this you need a little info from me so here is what I would like to add that will link the undead sorcerer to the campagin.

1. Guess you need a how you almost died and that is up to you.
2. You vaguely remember the time from your almost death to the time you awoke changed. This is flashes of colors as if looking at light shining through jars of colored liquid. And the sun shining of sharp metal tools. Your character may remember a few smells formaldehyde and blood being the most prominate. And the sound of someone humming?! :erm:
3. After you awoke in your current state what you did is all up to you but the question remains what happen to you while you were "dead"?

Actually not much help LOL I just wanted you to be in control of your background. Let's see a few questions you might want to address.

1. After you were persumed dead why weren't you buried and if you were buried who dug you up?
2. If someone is trying to create undead why? and where? If you are from Diamond Lake then maybe the culpirt is close by somewhere.
3. Have you talked to a sage or priest? Or someone similar that knows a little about the undead.

Ok will finish checking characters over teh weekend. and that will be slow do to work. If the groups are ok I will set up OOC for each:

The BLG (Bronzewood Lodge Group) and...
TDL (Team Diamond Lake) thanks for the name renau1g, ;)

That way background talk isn't spread across this thread.

HM

_

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hee

Don't be sad. I know my background for the most part, I just haven't filled it in yet. They take time to write, and time is always at a premium during the week.

I will incorporate your clues though, thanks!

I expect Aria had a chat with the priest of Pelor, but no one since then.

Mostly what we need from you is some idea for how you plan to get the PC's together, so we can blend the end of the background into the beginning of the adventure smoothly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
On the bus (on the way to work :(), but when I get home tonight I will make two OOC's for each group so we can work on backgrounds and adventure hooks.

HM

_

Remove ads