AGoT - House Steadfast

Widowmaker

First Post
Ser Simon died four years ago. So this has given Aaron Caron time to setup things in Summerhall. He has not done much over those years. He spends more time hunting, than really look after things.

Here is a break down of House Steadfast:

House Steadfast
“Steadfast and Loyal”

OSRIC STEADFAST, Lord of Summerhall,

- his siblings:
- {BRANDT}, his eldest brother, died of the Grey Plague along with his parents
- LADY TYRA, his youngest sister, a maid of seven, a sick child, a ward in House Nightsong, betrothed to Aaron Caron
- JONAS SAND, his baseborn brother, an aspiring Water Dancer
- his cousin:
- ADDAM STEADFAST, a son of Ser Vyncent, a squire to Ser Arthur Mandywood

- his household:
- MAESTER HARWYN, healer, tutor, and counselor, absent minded and ignored
- SER HARRICK GROVE, master-at-arms
- his granddaughter, VIVIENE GROVE, an aspiring Warrior
- SEPTA SARAH, House Septa, teacher, a beautiful and shrewd women
- The STARK, a Hedge Knight in the service of House Steadfast
- SER RICKARD SHARPE, another Hedge Knight, a childhood friend of Ser Simon’s
- SER ALLISTER, former commander of House Steadfast’s Outriders

- House Caron and its retainers:
- AARON CARON, Regent and Steward of Summerhall
- Betrothed to Lady Tyra
- SER BRYN MORRIGEN, Aaron Caron’s friend
- SER PAUL WENSINGTON, Commander of House Steadfast’s Outriders
- SANDOR CARON, captain of the guards, a distant cousin
- SER EDWARD ERROL, Master of the Hunt
- JONATHON, Aaron Caron’s squire, called “Toad”
- JAMIS, Aaron Caron's manservant
- DOBERT, Kennel and Houndmaster
- TODWYCK, Master of Fields
- GREENE, Stablemaster
- MORA, Kitchenmaster
- FREDRYCK, a member of the guard

Summerhall was built by King Daeron II just before he was married to a Dornish Princess. He built it as a gift to her. They used it as a summer retreat to get away from the oppressing heat in King's Landing.

It was used sporadicly thereafter until Prince Rhaegor. Rhaegor used the castle often and took a liking to the place.

Summerhall was built as a light castle. Built more for comfort than war. During Robert's Rebellion it was sieged three times. Finally on the third time it fell. The attackers did not leave much standing.

After the Rebellion it was given to House Steadfast. Unfortuneately Ser Simon met an early death and things have not been as kind. House Caron now watches over House Steadfast and Summerhall.

Today Summerhall is a ghost of its former glory. Of the four walls that once stood all that remains is one corner with a small tower. From the shattered remains a defensible manor house with a small yard has been built.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Widowmaker said:
Jdvn1 - Information on the Seven Gods is limited in my opinion.
Ah, I found more information on page 351... in the non-deluxe version of the book. It's limited, but there's also other information on the world. Apparently, I don't have to have been knighted to take 'Ser' and to call myself a knight? Though it's looked down upon, it might qualify as a Dark Secret, right?
Widowmaker said:
As far as enemies - no not really. There are two other faiths but they are limited. The Old Gods are still respected in the North. And Rhollar is in South (Dorne). Otherwise the Seven hold a main stay with the rest of the Kingdom.

The next novel will bring more information. But as far as game influence, not much more.

And yes you did it correct: Septons and Septas.

If you are from the North it would be rare, but not improbible, that the church would have an orphanage. Elsewhere it would be common.

Hope this answered your questions.
Yep, that's all really useful! Thanks!

Widowmaker

First Post
House Caron of Nightsong

House Caron is an old and powerful house from the Dornish Marches. Leaders of house take the title Lord of the Marches. They have long guarded the Stormlands from attacks emanating from the Reach and Dorne. Nightsong, the house's seat is like the house - old and strong. It sits at the northern end of Prince's Pass.

House Caron is rumored to have a hatred for House Steadfast because of there association with Dorne. During the rebellion some Dornish helped Robert Baratheon. A fact often over looked by many, mainly because Dorne sided with the Targaryen's during the Rebellion.

-House Caron

Lord Seamus Caron
- Lord of Nightsong, Lord of the Marches

his family:
-his wife, Lady Erika of House Royce.
-his daughter, Amaemda, a maid of fifteen
-his son, Romer, a squire of twelve, in the service of House Baratheon at Storm's End

his siblings:
-his brother, Septon Wyllem, in service at King's Landing
-his brother, Aaron, Regent of Summerhall

More to come.

House Caron can muster about 3,000 men to fight. There is a poor foot to horse ratio, perhaps 5:1. Most soldiers though are well trained and experienced because of invasions from Dorne or the Reach.

House Steadfast can muster about 500 men to fight. There is a good horse to foot ratio, almost 2:1. However most of House Steadfasts soldiers are Hedge Knights, formed into a large group known as the 'Outriders'.

Widowmaker

First Post
Voidrazor

[sblock] I think I noticed a mistake on Lord Osric. Making sure I did the math right. But I think your longsword attack should be a +3. I think you added Bravado to your attack? If I am doing the math wrong or missed something please let me know. [/sblock]

Enforcer

Explorer
Would it be possible to get a timeline of events? Like Robert Baratheon crowned in XXX, Ser Simon made Lord of Summerhall in XXX, Lord Simon and wife die of plague in XXX, etc.

Voidrazor

First Post
I think I'm ready but I do have a few questions. Is the Steadfast line of Dornish (Rhoynish) descent or is it associated in some other way?

Also how closely tied to the Carons is Ser Wensington? What were the circumstances of him being selected to succeed Ser Allister as commander of the Outriders?

Remove ads