AGoT - House Steadfast

Widowmaker

First Post
The Steadfast line is of unknown lines. They have been present in the Stromlands for many generations. Most of the Steadfasts have featrures of strong Andal blood line. There has been some mixed marriages, which have produced children with some Rhyonish features. One thing that is known is that they have always had ties to Dorne as well. Many believe this where the Steadfasts picked up there horsemanship and riding abilities.

Ser Wensington is a childhood friend of Aaron Caron's. He was knighted about three years ago and was serving House Caron at Nightsong. He fufilled his duties and recently arrived at Summerhall where he took command of the 'Outriders'.

The Sigil of House Steadfast: Two horses on opposite sides riding towards each other. The colors of the house are Black Horse on a red field.

Timeline of Events
Robert's Rebellion - 283
Robert Baratheon's Coronation - 284
Ser Simon Steadfast raised to Lord of Summerhall - 285
Lord Simon's death of the plague - 288
Aaron Caron named Regent of Summerhall - 289
Greyjoy Rebellion - 290
Current Year - 292
(Novels start in the Year 299)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Widowmaker said:
Jdvn1 - How is your character coming?
Just about done. Hope to have him posted sometime tomorrow. I have to figure out equipment, based on the Wealth system.

Widowmaker

First Post
Jdvn1- Sounds good.

You don't have to get to detailed. I am very flexible with equipment and wealth in this type of setting. If it was a more classic game I would but being that you are a member of a household many things are going to be available in a supply room, guard house, stable, kitchen, and so on....

Enforcer

Explorer
Widowmaker said:
Timeline of Events
Robert's Rebellion - 283
Robert Baratheon's Coronation - 284
Ser Simon Steadfast raised to Lord of Summerhall - 285
Lord Simon's death of the plague - 288
Aaron Caron named Regent of Summerhall - 289
Greyjoy Rebellion - 290
Current Year - 292
(Novels start in the Year 299)

Excellent, thank you! When does Vyncent die on his wedding night, some time in 289? That'll give Jonas about a year's worth of time at Summerhall, which will work just fine.

I'll add the following to Jonas's background: found by Vyncent at 15 (288) shortly after Lord Simon's death, left Summerhall after Vyncent's death (289), returned just a few weeks ago (292).

Voidrazor, this will make Jonas 19, older than Osric. Is that okay? Also, if you haven't already, please see Jonas's background regarding the oath he swore to Osric upon returning from Braavos (also assuming that's okay with you).

Voidrazor

First Post
Enforcer - Both Jonas' age and oath are certainly fine with me. Assuming the manor house has something akin to a throne, Osric will hang Loyalty on the wall very close to the seat. Having a Braavosi blade there will probably cause some stir, especially among those that know it is a bastard's sword ;) . But Osric is much more concerned with honoring those who have sworn fealty to House Steadfast than he is with maintaining strict propriety.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Oh, I don't think I mentioned this before, but I decided to take Artisan instead of Knave because I didn't feel the first level Knave ability (Illicit Barter) fit my character's concept very well.

I'm not sure about the Defects because "slight," "more serious," and "severe" are judgement calls, and In Service is an optional defect.

Last edited:

Remove ads