• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aid another action in combat

glass

(he, him)
Question said:
Is there anything that improves the bonus it gives?
I'm pretty sure there is, but I can't remember what ATM. Sorry, that isn't a lot of help, but I'm sure someone will be along on a minute with a better answer.

glass.

Talic

First Post
Complete Adventurer (p. 96) suggests a +1 bonus for every 10 above the base DC check for characters with 5 ranks in the appropriate skill or BAB.

Stalker0

Legend
Talic said:
Complete Adventurer (p. 96) suggests a +1 bonus for every 10 above the base DC check for characters with 5 ranks in the appropriate skill or BAB.

In combat, I think you could bump that to another +2 per 10 over AC 10 you hit. After all, your using a standard action to aid in combat, and as levels get higher that's more damage your giving up for the same bonus.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Question said:
When it says make an attack roll against AC10, is ONLY BAB counted?

No. BAB, Str bonus, enhancement bonus, Weapon Focus, True Strike, etc, etc... as if you were attacking. Bonuses for invisibility or higher ground, penalties for being prone or dazzled...

It's not clear if a Bane weapon would get the extra +2 if you were Aiding against the appropriate creature type, though.

-Hyp.

Dross

Explorer
Steve Jung said:
The Improved Aid feat from Oriental Adventures allows the user to give a +4 circumstance bonus instead of the +2.

That is also a regional feat in the Player's Guide to Faerun.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
No. BAB, Str bonus, enhancement bonus, Weapon Focus, True Strike, etc, etc... as if you were attacking. Bonuses for invisibility or higher ground, penalties for being prone or dazzled...

Worst use of True Strike, ever. :)

Oh, I think one of the lifepaths in Midnight makes Aid Another more efficient, a certain number of times a day.

It actually would be interesting to get a prestige class whose "schtick" was being very, very good at Aid Another. The Cohort everyone would love to have!

Arravis

First Post
I'm stunned that no one has brought up the Aid Another rules in the Complete Adventurer...
wow.

We use them regularly. With a +5 BAB and using the Aid Another combat action, every 10 points you go over above the standard AC 10 grants another +1 bonus. It's on p96 of the Complete Adventurer.

Remove ads