• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aid another action in combat

Stalker0

Legend
Arravis said:
I'm stunned that no one has brought up the Aid Another rules in the Complete Adventurer...
wow.

We use them regularly. With a +5 BAB and using the Aid Another combat action, every 10 points you go over above the standard AC 10 grants another +1 bonus. It's on p96 of the Complete Adventurer.

I'm more stunned you didn't notice its post number 3 on the thread:)

Twowolves

Explorer
I believe there were a series of feats like this in the S&SS book Player's Guide to Fighters and Barbarians. One made aid another in combat a move action, and one increased the bonus, IIRC.

Drowbane

First Post
related note

Is there a limit to the number of people who can Aid Another with say... an attack?

Currently my Fi | Shaper's astral construct flanks with me and uses Aid Another when it is clean that the construct's low to hit isn't going to let it deal its own damage. If I had 3 more Constructs formed (yes, we ignore that lame errata out of Complete Psi) would all four of them be able to give me an unnamed +2 to hit... at a total of +10 (counting the one flanking with me)?

Stalker0

Legend
yep, this is often the best way to handle swarms of weak creatures. They may not have a very good chance of hitting your players ACs (often only on a 20), but with aid another they can make sure at least some of the creatures have a good shot at hitting.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Particle_Man said:
Worst use of True Strike, ever. :)

Not if you are wearing mountain plate and carrying a tower shield which you are not proficient in. In that case you just negate the penalties. :p

sad_genius

First Post
The Savant base class from the Dragon Compendium has bonuses at aid another attempts IIRC; a lot of the class is about assisting others on skill checks etc ... Also, Kenku, who are ECL=0 in MM3 have a racial bonus to aid another and flanking (WARK~!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads