Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Having finally shaken off the rabbit form, Lia rise to her feet and lets loose a pair of arrows. The first nicks its target, just shaving the transmuter across his arm. At the firing of the second, Lia notices the arrow is partially notched and has to make a last-minute adjustment to change the position of the arrow on the bow to allow it to fly right. This momentary quick thinking is one of the things that makes elves so skilled at archery, and it is indeed just enough to do the trick. The transmuter, grasping his arm where the first arrow struck is caught off guard for the second, which tears flesh from the top of his shoulder and he cries out in pain. "You'll receive your just desserts for that one, wily elf!" he announces in rebuttal.

Krawlinstar sees his opportunity and leaps into the fray, calling on Pelor's holy fire to engulf his weapon. The blow strikes the transmuter square and ignites his robes in flame. "Gah!" he shouts, "What devilry is this? I must put it out!" He immediately begins trying to pat down the flames to keep himself from burning further. But before he can act further, Petron hurls himself closer to the transmuter in a rage, first trying to break the man's knees, which sadly fails but does inflict what is probably a serious bruise to his legs, and then following with a full cleave to the chest. The slash cuts deeply and the transmuter begins to flag, quite battered and bloodied at this point.

The transmuter defensively tries to ward off attacks while patting down the flames (total defense) but does not succeed (failed saving throw, takes 5 ongoing damage). "Damn you all! I'll turn you all into toads for this, permanently!"

Meanwhile, Erik's condition continues to worsen...
GM: Voda Vosa did you factor in the -2 to hit and damage for your turn? If not, the transmuter is at -60 and bloodied.
Transmuter 63/? bloodied
Erik at -2; 1/3 failed death saves; unconscious, dying
Begin Player Phase 6

Attachments

• smcm_player phase 6.jpg
    smcm_player phase 6.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 71

drothgery

First Post
Ignoring the transmuter's taunting, Lia calmly fires another pair of arrows at the man, both hitting him.[sblock=actions]standard: twin strike vs AC[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"AjA!" Petron says triumphant, as his last hit landed solidly. He tries the move again, but the condemned wizard slips to the side in the last second, avoiding a potentially deadly strike.

Shift to S11, Brash attack him, mark him.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: BTW, Erik has still a healing potion and has an autohit power (which could be useful, the enemy mage seems to have good defenses)... if someone could get to him (Erik) before he (Erik) dies would be nice...

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Voda Vosa, you didn't answer my question about whether you applied the penalty to damage from the hex, but after looking your character sheet over I am going to assume you did not. So the transmuter was at -60 when phase 6 began. Of course the hex is over for now.

Also, please indicate when you are using power attack and which weapon you are using. I am assuming you are using the axe and not power attacking for now based on the situation, but it would help me if you were more clear. A simple statement like "Petron swings his axe with a mighty power attack and a brash strike at his enemy" gives me all the information I generally need. If you don't include this sort of information in the IC post, please make sure to include it in an OOC note.
"Hurk!" the transmuter cries as a pair of Lia's arrows pierce his side. However, he is not so wounded that he cannot avoid Petron's attack. He still has a fight left inside him, and he intends to battle to the very end.
GM: Transmuter 69/? bloodied
Erik at -2; 1/3 failed death saves; unconscious, dying
Continue Player Phase 6. Krawlinstar is up.

Attachments

• smcm_player phase 6a.jpg
    smcm_player phase 6a.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

wolfattack

First Post
Seeing that his party member is dying,Krawlinstar leaves the battle against the transmuter in the hands of Petron and Lia,trying to reach the mage and praying to Pelor that it is not too late...

OOC: 2 Movements Actions,go to L6

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: So after reviewing the thread, I think I may have had Erik's hp total wrong. He took 18 damage here, taking him to 9/27. Then he drank his potion here, which brought him up to 19/27. Then he was hit for 24 damage here, bringing him down to -5/27. Also, since he drank his potion already, he doesn't have any more on him unless he started out with one at character creation. Just some stuff to keep in mind.
The transmuter seems to have refreshed confidence. "One of you has already fallen to my magic. It will not be long before the rest of you join him. Have at thee!" He holds his staff two-handed before him and it begins to glow with white-blue energy. Petron can feel an icy chill emanating from the staff as the transmuter brings it up over his head and then crashing down with a mighty swing (AC 23; 10 dmg). Petron can feel the cold frost of the weapon burn him, but manages to keep standing. Meanwhile the transmuter's robes continue to burn and sizzle from Krawlinstar's avenging flame (5 ongoing). He appears to have thrown caution to the wind.

"You feel the sting of Winter's Touch? So great is my power that I can channel the pure fury of cold through it. And now, Entarun! Be cursed by the black magic of Dezmaeron!" As he intones the dark speech, Petron is once again encircled with black rings of shadow that dull his senses and strength (13 vs. Will; hexed).
GM: Transmuter 74/? bloodied; avenging flame
Erik -5/27; 1/3 failed death saves; bloodied, unconscious, dying
Lia 15/23
Petron 4/31; bloodied, hexed (-2 to hit/dmg)
Krawlinstar 19/27
Begin Player Phase 7.

Attachments

• smcm_player phase 7.jpg
    smcm_player phase 7.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 64

Remove ads