Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

drothgery

First Post
Lia fires another pair of arrows at the transmuter. One hits. [sblock=actions]standard: Twin Strike vs Transmuter
atk 1 likely hits; atk 2 likely misses; so 12 dmg[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Petron swings his axe inefectively against the wicked magic user, failing to connect. He curses mentally, fixing the man with his eyes.

OOC: Use brash strike and get a critical fail. Mark him.

Last edited:

wolfattack

First Post
OOC: Sorry for my absence the last few days guys.have been very busy with my work.here is my actions for this turn:
Movement: move to I5;
Standart: Heal on Erik.i'll try to estabilize him.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Triggering Second Wind has a lower DC abd will allow Erik to participate in the combat. Only in case you thought I already used it. And as I said, he also has a healing potion on his person.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: We'll assume Krawlinstar used his Heal check to grant Erik a second wind. So it was a success and Erik is now conscious.
As Krawlinstar rushes to assist his wounded ally, Lia and Petron continue to harangue the transmuter with their attacks. He dodges to and fro narrowly avoiding one of Lia's arrows and ducking underneath one of Petron's swings, but as he rights himself, Lia fires off a second arrow straight to his chest. A hollow look fills his eyes as his robes are drenched in blood from the wound. He grasps the arrow desperately and lets out a gasp. His mouth hangs open as he staggers for a moment then falls backward. His frosty staff falls from his hands and rolls away from him, toward the center of the circle inscribed on the floor.

As he lies face up, a pool of blood begins to form around him. He gasps for air, spurting up blood with each breath. Finally, he manages to utter something softly. Petron is the only one close enough to hear. "The Demon King is coming. Dezmaeron curse you all..." It is his final breath.

Krawlinstar helps Erik up and the two hobble over to the grisly scene. Here and there along the edge of the circle are clusters of blood-red candles that emit an eerie purple flame. The circle is carved into the stone floor with numerous sigils and runes of arcane power. Erik immediately recognizes the symbology of it all (Arcana 19). It is a summoning circle that radiates conjuration magic, although Erik is uncertain of the exact level of its power. At the far edge of the circle along the wall is a table that holds an open tome. As you gaze upon it, the pages suddenly begin to flap wildly before the book seals itself shut. At this point the candles go out, and you are left staring into the darkness. Even your own light sources are momentarily diminished so that for a brief period of time, you are in utter darkness. But soon your lights regain their luminosity and you can see the scene again. The book lies still now and faint wisps of smoke drift into the air from the candles.
GM: You earn 125 XP, putting your total at 1,000. You are now level 2!

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

"What now? We found no more evidence and I feel closer to death than to life." Erik groans.

[sblock=OOC]
Is the body still there after the light comes back? If yes, Erik will take a look at his stuff (epically the staff).

updating now, or shall we wait after the characters could rest?

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Erik Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 6 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Milestones: 2
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 5 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition: bloodied, 2 failed death saves

XP: 875
Items: 70gp
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Petron spits in the corps, and then, closing to the others, he points back with his thumb. "He said saomething about a demon king coming, some... Dezmaeron?" he shrugs. "Brothers, you are alive! That was a close one! But, he is the only one who died."

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

"Fine, we found a book and a circle. But is this enough to justify breaking in and hurting and killing guards?" Erik asks.

[sblock=OOC]
Is the body still there after the light comes back? If yes, Erik will take a look at his stuff (epically the staff).

updating now, or shall we wait after the characters could rest?

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Erik Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 6 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Milestones: 2
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 5 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition: bloodied, 2 failed death saves

XP: 875
Items: 70gp
[/sblock][/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Yes, the body is still there. The only thing that really changed about the scene was that the book closed itself and the candles went out. As a matter of fact, the whole place feels a lot more sensible now.

You can go ahead and advance your characters to level 2 on the Rogue's Gallery.
Erik picks up and investigates the staff. He can feel its power in his grip. The staff is of ebony and engraved with winter symbols. It feels cold as if it had lain beneath a mountain of snow for an entire winter.

As you continue to take in the scene, you hear sounds of the City Watch gathering outside the door to the warehouse.

Remove ads