Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Petron level 2 posted. Picked Impending Victory feat, picked boundless endurance for lvl 2 utility exploit, and raised all the level dependent stats.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Voda Vosa, will you please provide a reference and page number for any and all rules options you select from sources outside the PH as well as the full text of the options just so I have all the information on hand for any calls I need to make?
Erik and Krawlinstar look over the tome for about an hour, noting interesting pieces here and dissecting arcane formulae there. Much of the book seems rather dull, a treatise on the superiority of darkness over light, of entropy over order, and other such nonsense, all written in a very forced and preachy style. But in the middle you find three pages which are completely blank. They are sandwiched between two chapters of the book which don't seem to have much to do with each other, other than vaguely fitting in with the book's ridiculous premise. Erik detects the faint tracings of residual magic on the pages, but other than that, there is nothing remarkable about them.
GM: Unless you'd like to do more with the book at this time, I will move things along to your report to Celen. I'll give you a day or two to discuss in case there is anything you want to do before that.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Seconded, will give the reference for the powers too.
Edit: On second thought, I only took the feat from PHB 3, Heroic tier feats. Boundless endurance is from PH 1. The description is already posted.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
You make your way back to the Rushing Boar. You all feel in need of a long rest from all the activities of the past day. It is late in the evening now and the town crier calls out "Ten o' clock and all's well!" as you enter the inn and take a seat in the comfortable chairs near a roaring fire. Kastra comes by shortly and sets some mugs full of frothy ale along with a whole roast boar on your table with a smile, almost as if she had anticipated your desire. She smiles as she says, "Looks like you boys have had quite a day! Well take a load off, fellas and enjoy the meal. It's on the house."

As Kastra walks away from the table you catch a sight of Rorsh the Red, the owner of the establishment watching you. He is cleaning glasses behind the bar and as you look you see him nod in approval and wink. After having your fill of boar and ale, you quietly inform Rorsh of your findings, as instructed by Celen, and he promises to pass word along. In the meantime, he recommends you get some rest.

After a bit of washing up and tending to rent garments and such from the dangerous activities of your adventure, you turn in for the night. The beds in the private room upstairs are a welcome sight, and you easily drift off to sleep.

You awake with a start early in the morning to find Celen in the middle of your room clapping his hands, a wide grin on his face. "Well done, gentlemen!" he exclaims in his flamboyant style. "I've been apprised of your accomplishments already by Rorsh and not too long ago made a brief appearance before Captain Jarvis to set things in order. Darok will certainly hang for the atrocity. To think! A man of his stature and position trying to enter into pacts with ancient demons. And gathering weapons for an army from Hell! Obviously he is mad. Horrendous bit of business really. But you've done your part well. I'm certain we'll have more than enough evidence to get a conviction thanks to you."

He then looks back at a small table at the side of the room where you see four small purses sitting where there was none before, "Oh yes, your money is all here as well. Fifty berans apiece, was it?"

Celen chortles a bit and before you can say anything he laughs out loud, "Oh of course I'm just pulling your leg. I know it was sixty apiece, and sixty apiece you shall find, as well as a bit of a bonus. Feel free to count it.

"Now I have some pressing business to conduct for the next few days so I shall be taking my leave. I suspect I shall be having need of you again soon. For now, enjoy the fruits of your labor. When I get back, and I hope you'll still be here, I expect to have another job for you, if you'll take it."

With this, Celen promptly exits the room. When you count the coins in the purses, you find sixty berans (gold pieces) for each of you, along with a small silver pin with a silver leaf upon it, again, one for each of you.
GM: You have some time to go shopping if you like or whatever else you wish to do in the meantime. Otherwise, I'll assume you take some time off to relax. The next Chapter will be posted in a few days.

Remove ads