• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

Redclaw

First Post
Brachna said:
[sblock=OOC Redclaw]
Sorry, man. I'm not trying to steal your thunder or step on your toes or anything by attacking the same frog and all. Even though you just connected solidly, I just want to be extra sure it goes down with our compatriot on the floor and all (even though my 2 points isn't going to do too terribly much). Just wanted to make sure you knew that! :)

By the way, if it's still alive by next round, you and I should have a flank bonus, since I'm taking my 5' step due north to set up a diagonal flank between us.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Brachna] No worries. My main goal is to get the thing down so that we can heal Daonil.
It's too bad you didn't take your 5' step before attacking, as that would have made your confirmation roll a 14 rather than a 12. [/sblock]

Brachna

First Post
Redclaw said:
[sblock=Brachna] No worries. My main goal is to get the thing down so that we can heal Daonil.
It's too bad you didn't take your 5' step before attacking, as that would have made your confirmation roll a 14 rather than a 12. [/sblock]

[sblock=Redclaw]
Doh! You're right! Stupid mistake on my part. Oh well, at least we're on the same page as far as getting the frog away from Daonil. Hopefully, your solid hit on him earlier will be enough to drop him anyway, so it'll be a moot point. I'll file it away for next time though.
[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Aredal kneels down next to Daonil and drops his mace. He looks at Vicroar who has managed to stop the bleeding by pressing his hands on the wound. Aredal nods in approvement and smiles as he picks the sun-symbol hanging on his neck and lays the other hand on Vicroar's hands. "Pelor, please smile on this good man who has valiantly defended his friends. Show him your light." Aredal's hand begins to shine faintly and Vicroar can feel the wound under his hands to sew together as the magical energy heals the brave bard.

OOC: CLW (1d8+2=3). Well that could have been a better roll :(. I have the healing domain so my caster level for this is 2 if you wondered where I got the +2 instead +1.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Vicroar arrives in time to save his bleeding companion, putting pressure on the wound to keep him alive. As he kneels over Daonil he is sprayed with blood from the frog who attacked his companion. Dolan pulls his hammer out of the frog's skull as Dryneth withdraws his blade from its back. The two are satisfied with their work. Aredal moves up next to Vicroar and brings Daonil back to conscious with his spell (now at 3 hp). Mulnock takes a stand alongside Dolan and jabs at the last remaining beast (AC 12), though his efforts fail to do more than scratch the monster's thick hide.

The last frog lets out a croaking bellow as it chomps once more at Dolan, but its frustration is clear as Dolan easily evades the monster's jaws.

Attachments

• moathouse_rd7.jpg
    moathouse_rd7.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 62

Redclaw

First Post
Dolan's satisfaction at yet another frog's demise is evident as he turns on the last beast. Don't ye tire o' bitin' at me armor, frog? Yer teeth won't be gettin' past it, but my hammer'll be happy to knock them out anyway. Unfortunately, he has grown overconfident with his earlier success, and this strike is far wide of the mark.
[sblock=ooc] Attack vs frog 5 (1d20+6)=7 [/sblock]

Brachna

First Post
On Round 7, Initiative 13:

Drynethael (with shield) AC 18 (Damage Conversion 3) HP 2/8 (3 lethal damage, 3 non lethal)

Spells left: 0 level - 3/3 1st level 1/3

Relieved to see some life in his companion again, Dryneth turns his attention to the last stubborn holdout. "This one seems convinced you must be tasty, Dolan," he jests, his mood lightening. "Perhaps he believes your flesh to be marinated in ale!"

He prepares to close with the beast, but thinks twice of it when he sees the fresh blood still flowing from his own arm. "Best not have two of us disabled, if we can help it," He says more seriously. With that, his eyes glaze in a momentary trance as he intones a brief but violent incantation. At the conclusion, he points his finger at the frog. A ray of bitter cold frosts the air as it streaks from his outstretched hand towards the amphibian.

[sblock=Combat OOC]
Dryneth casts Ray of Frost at frog #5.
Ranged Touch Attack Roll: 1d20+5 = AC 20
Damage: 1d3 = 3 HP
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Vicroar's arrow clearly staggers the beast. Seizing upon the opportunity, Dryneth sears the monster with a blast of frost and the creature is felled. Victory at last!

OOC: 300 XP each for defeating the frogs. Now might be a good time to clarify how the mule and/or hirelings were paid for.

Remove ads