• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General All Basic, B/X and BECMI and Rules Cyclopedia set sales, from Ben Riggs.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
That is the same thing as my post (just a different location on their website).
Woops!

I bought the POD hardcover to be the "table copy" for my BECM games, since my original was taking such a beating.
RulesCyclopedae.jpg

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Speaking of the RC!

Behold! Sales of the D&D Rules Cyclopedia!

The Rules Cyclopedia may be the best bang for the buck single volume ever produced for the game. Consolidating the rules from the D&D boxed sets, it contains all the rules needed to play the game, character creation, monsters, and magic items!

Next we’ll take a look at total BECMI sales by year, and then do a final tally of D&D vs. AD&D sales, including all D&D boxed sets and the Cyclopedia, and all monster products for AD&D.

61CFDB2C-E8D0-46AE-A652-C93EAA63C295.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Speaking of the RC!

The Rules Cyclopedia may be the best bang for the buck single volume ever produced for the game. Consolidating the rules from the D&D boxed sets, it contains all the rules needed to play the game, character creation, monsters, and magic items!

Next we’ll take a look at total BECMI sales by year, and then do a final tally of D&D vs. AD&D sales, including all D&D boxed sets and the Cyclopedia, and all monster products for AD&D.

View attachment 255973

I remember seeing ads for the Rules Cyclopedia in video game magazine while in grade school and thinking thst it looked awesome.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Speaking of the RC!

View attachment 255973

Weird how this all works, if the numbers are accurate. Most old-school Basic players swear by the RC. But its sales are not great. B/X is usually regarded as the lesser of B/X and BECMI...yet B/X stomped BECMI.

darjr

I crit!
I was gifted B/X and played the crap out of the Basic set before moving in to AD&D to run stuff out of the Expert set.

I dint remember anyone having BECMI or the RC until years and years later.

Remove ads