Amazon WotC September 2007: Exemplars of Evil, Tiles 5, Fortress of the Yuan-ti

Retreater

Legend
Not at all interested in the dungeon tiles.

As far as the other two products, I'll have to wait and see. Not a big fan of either author, however.

It seems that WotC has been producing material of the lowest common denominator ever since they began farming out to freelancers.

Retreater

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Psion said:
Robert Schwalb. Okay, that raises my expectations a bit. :)

Agreed. If they had gotten Rob a better partner than Robin (no offense but I felt they should have just stuck with Rob and maybe get Erik Mona or Ed Greenwood), FC II might have jacked itself up to say 4/4.5 stars on my meter

But with him doing this book, I have great hopes.

Drew,

I'd say look at the author's work. (In this case Robert's work with evil is pretty darn good. Book of Fiends, Black Company, Thieves World). So I'm not worried.

Nightfall said:
Agreed. If they had gotten Rob a better partner than Robin (no offense but I felt they should have just stuck with Rob and maybe get Erik Mona or Ed Greenwood), FC II might have jacked itself up to say 4/4.5 stars on my meter

*blink*

You're kidding, right? This industry doesn't get much better than Robin Laws. I think they both did a pretty praise-worthy job on FCII.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Ari,

It's just my opinion and it's been well known that it's worth about two copper pieces while you're in the middle of an Athasian sandstorm, trying to buy salt. IE: it's not always that good.

Don't get me wrong, I liked FC II. I just felt that FC I was better, (with more fluff that is.)

occam

Adventurer
Hmm... did someone mention yuan-ti?

Hey Ari,

So, uh... how's it going? You have a good holiday season? Where is the Fortress of the Yuan-ti, what levels is it designed for, and does it have any particular cultural feel? And how is Austin these days?

occam said:
So, uh... how's it going? You have a good holiday season? Where is the Fortress of the Yuan-ti, what levels is it designed for, and does it have any particular cultural feel? And how is Austin these days?

In order...

Going all right; I'm about a week or two away from finishing the rough draft on a Freeport gig for Green Ronin. :) Other than that, just waiting to hear some news on a few big irons I might or might not have in the fire.

Decent holiday season. Got to see the family, got some interesting gifts. (My mom's boyfriend got me a skull-headed mace. :D)

Can't say a word. ;)

Austin's fine.

Okay, that was a little disappointing, wasn't it? ;) I'll say what I can, as soon as I can.

All 3 look interesting to me. The Yuan-Ti adventure even moreso now that I just discovered that Ari is writing it.

Nightfall, I have to agree with Ari on Robin D. Laws. He would be in my top 3 roleplaying authors. I think he does great stuff. You're more than entitled to your own opinion though.

Also put me into the crowd who still looks at the 2E Villain book. Heck, I bought the book in hardcopy after 3E had come out and I wasn't playing 2E any more I liked it that much!

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads