Amazon WotC September 2007: Exemplars of Evil, Tiles 5, Fortress of the Yuan-ti

takasi

First Post
occam said:
Where is the Fortress of the Yuan-ti, what levels is it designed for, and does it have any particular cultural feel?

I'm guessing this generic D&D adventure is the finale for the 3-part series:

DD1 - Barrow of the Forgotten King (2nd level)
DD2 - The Sinister Spire (4th level)
DD3 - Fortress of the Yuan-ti (6th level) ???

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
takasi said:

The second one is apparently an Underdark adventure. It's not impossible that it could lead to the Yuan-Ti, but that sure would be a curveball.

takasi said:

I take it that none of the adventures that you mention here have been released yet?

Olaf the Stout

RichGreen

Adventurer
Eytan Bernstein said:
Seconded. Ed Greenwood and Erik Mona are excellent and I'm sure they would have done a fine job, but Robin Laws is definitely on my top 10 list of most influential and praiseworthy industry veterans working today.

Thirded. Robin Laws is a great RPG writer. I don't have Rune, but I do have Feng Shui and some of his Over the Edge stuff as well as the classic Robin's Laws of Good Gamemastering.

I'm about half way through FCII. I don't know who wrote which bits but I'm enjoying it a lot.

As for the original subject of this thread, I like the tiles and I love yuan-ti. We'll have to see what the villain's book is.

Cheers

Richard

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Etyan,

Like I said before, I'm picky, opinionated and often wrong too! ;)

Rich,

Like I said, it's a good book but compared to what I got from FC I, it felt a little too "rigid" even for Hell. I'm picky like I said.

Giorgio

First Post
Thanks for the heads up on these new products. I for one am enjoying the new “tiles” that have been released and I look forward to more of them. I also enjoy the Serpent Kingdom book, which I plan to adapt for use in my Dragonlance campaign, so any more info on the Yuan-ti is welcomed.

I have the 2E Complete Book of Villains and find it to be a great resource, and even more useful when I combine it with some sections of the BOVD. :)

Robin D. Laws is a great game designer, and his GM guide has proven to be one of the most useful books in my D&D library, not to mention his dragon magazine articles which I have photocopied and placed into a binder for reference.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Boy you guys won't let this rest will you...?

Well I won't comment any further other than I hope Rob's project becomes a smashing success. :)

Remove ads