• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon WotC September 2007: Exemplars of Evil, Tiles 5, Fortress of the Yuan-ti

takasi

First Post
occam said:
Where is the Fortress of the Yuan-ti, what levels is it designed for, and does it have any particular cultural feel?

I'm guessing this generic D&D adventure is the finale for the 3-part series:

DD1 - Barrow of the Forgotten King (2nd level)
DD2 - The Sinister Spire (4th level)
DD3 - Fortress of the Yuan-ti (6th level) ???

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
takasi said:

The second one is apparently an Underdark adventure. It's not impossible that it could lead to the Yuan-Ti, but that sure would be a curveball.

takasi said:

I take it that none of the adventures that you mention here have been released yet?

Olaf the Stout

RichGreen

Adventurer
Eytan Bernstein said:
Seconded. Ed Greenwood and Erik Mona are excellent and I'm sure they would have done a fine job, but Robin Laws is definitely on my top 10 list of most influential and praiseworthy industry veterans working today.

Thirded. Robin Laws is a great RPG writer. I don't have Rune, but I do have Feng Shui and some of his Over the Edge stuff as well as the classic Robin's Laws of Good Gamemastering.

I'm about half way through FCII. I don't know who wrote which bits but I'm enjoying it a lot.

As for the original subject of this thread, I like the tiles and I love yuan-ti. We'll have to see what the villain's book is.

Cheers

Richard

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Etyan,

Like I said before, I'm picky, opinionated and often wrong too! ;)

Rich,

Like I said, it's a good book but compared to what I got from FC I, it felt a little too "rigid" even for Hell. I'm picky like I said.

Giorgio

First Post
Thanks for the heads up on these new products. I for one am enjoying the new “tiles” that have been released and I look forward to more of them. I also enjoy the Serpent Kingdom book, which I plan to adapt for use in my Dragonlance campaign, so any more info on the Yuan-ti is welcomed.

I have the 2E Complete Book of Villains and find it to be a great resource, and even more useful when I combine it with some sections of the BOVD. :)

Robin D. Laws is a great game designer, and his GM guide has proven to be one of the most useful books in my D&D library, not to mention his dragon magazine articles which I have photocopied and placed into a binder for reference.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Boy you guys won't let this rest will you...?

Well I won't comment any further other than I hope Rob's project becomes a smashing success. :)

Remove ads