• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amber Sands

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
As soon as you finish your meal, the servants appear to take away your dishes and leftovers. Making your way through the compound gate, you find yourselves on the dusty, early morning street of Hafar. Already, people are going about their business; probably to get as much done as they can before the heat of the day fully arrives. You wind your way through narrow, crooked streets lined with brightly colored stalls whose proprieters hawk everything from delicate items made from intricately wrought glass of every hue to carpets whose patterns seem to tell stories in their weave. The sights, sounds, and scents of every possible tradegood imaginable is almost overwhelming.

After about twenty minutes, you arrive at a two story building, its walls beautifully decorated in detailed mosaics depicting people engaged in various academic pursuits. On the left side of the entrance is the image of a turbaned man peering through a long golden tube at the moon. On the right is the image of another man in similar dress holding an open scroll in one hand and indicating it with the other, as if to draw attention to what is drawn on it. Closer inspection shows the illustration to be a burning lamp.

Passing through the heavy double doors, you enter a wide foyer, with two passages leading off at slight angles to the right and left. The wall that divides the two hallways bears a huge polished brass plaque. Upon it you can read the date of the museum's founding some two hundred years before, the name of the Farszyi king who commissioned the construction of the museum, and the names of his ministers and viziers. The left passage, according to the plaque, leads to the rooms where art and literature is contained, the right to the science, military, and exploration exhibits are displayed.

DJMG

First Post
Father Grimwald

"Wow - I am faced with a difficult choice already!" exclaimed Grimwald. "While I have a great interest in the sciences, I think I might learn more about your people by visiting the art and literature sections first, if that is alright with you both."

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Before you take your first step toward the exhibit hall, you hear the sound of many people screaming and shouting in the street outside. Mixed in the din you can make out the cries of, "Who are you? Why are you doing this?!"

Snowelf

First Post
Kija

"What's going on out there? Do you hear that?" Kija asks looking past them and trying to see outside.

Unable to access my spot check at the moment, due to child sitting on lap. ;) Will post that later...

DJMG

First Post
Great, I left my weapons in my other pants! :p

Father Grimwald

Grimwald follows Aya out the door, trying to keep a safe distance as he is completely unarmed. Grimwald tried to ascertain what is going on at the earliest opportunity and looks to see if there is anyone injured. "And I was so looking forward to the nudes" he mutters.

[OOC Spot 9 (roll) + 2 = 11]

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Following Aya through the throng gathering around the museum entrance, you look into the street to see a man standing over the bloody and struggling form of another man in the hot, dusty street. A sobbing woman is being held back by a member of the crowd, as the man is brandishing a long curved sword all around at the mob.

DJMG

First Post
Sadly, in addition to his weapons, Grimwald has left his character sheet on his work computer. I'll just wing it.

Father Grimwald

[OOC Grimwald will speak the correct language for the sword wielding man, assuming he knows it]

Grimwald slowly approaches the sword wielding man - arms spread open to clearly show he has no weapons and no armor. When he get's close enough [assuming someone doesn't smoke him beforehand] Grimwald directly addresses the man in a calm reassuring tone. "Be at peace, my son. Lay down your weapons and allow me to tend to the injured woman. I mean you no harm. Allow me to help you."

OOC Don't know what to roll or what my bonuses are, but guessing it's somehow Charisma based my roll is 19 (roll) + 3 (charisma) + ?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads